Thai motorcyclist, tourist fight over use of pavement

webfact

16 hours ago, Regyai said:

Lucky escape with all those circling vultures and motocy taxis on the periphery

Had the farang made a better 'showing' than the fumbling buffoonery he did  hed be mincemeat

I think he did alright....the other guy backed off.

16 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Foreign gentleman not much of a fighter.... he had plenty of opportunity to get a kick into the gonads.... AND he ignored the other motorcyclist riding on the footpath as well. Didn't he know that he could take their photograph (both of them) and be 1,000 baht richer now!!??

Foreign gentleman not much of a fighter.... he had plenty of opportunity to get a kick into the gonads..

i agree the farang had great opportunities for some short elbows in the clinches. 

Had the farang made a better 'showing' than the fumbling buffoonery he did  hed be mincemeat

Too true, T

True, Thailand is not known for fair fighting, far too dangerous to get involved in that kind of thing as you are likely to be set upon. Not specifically aimed at you but so many people put posts up when they see these things criticising the "farangs" fighting ability. The reality is very few people can really fight, or even if they can take care of themselves a bit they dont have the ruthless mentality to go for it. This is why you get those kind of ridiculous stand offs.

Anyway, I chuckle to myself reading the criticisms knowing that in these situations most could do no better in a fight, including most that criticise.

Glad this kind of worked out though, no real harm done, could easily have been a very different story we were reading this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just another idiot farang. From what we can see he's the aggressor. Motorcycle riding on the footpath/pavement. Well I've never seen this before.....on less than a daily occurrence. He's lucky it wasn't a motorcycle taxi. It wouldn't be one on one (rare in itself) then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Tourists should learn and adapt to the fact that there aren’t any traffic road rules and relgulations in Thailand, which means pedestrians are just mobile pawns at risk of being run over whether on the side walk or on the pedestrian’s zebra crossing, you are at risk of being injured at any given moment especially in Bangkok !

In this instance, the fat lump who tried to impose himself on the Thai guy miserably failed, although needless to say the police aren’t there to prevent this clash from escalating as it did considering that in the end the Thai guy would have got away with it in spite of the fact that he’s not supposed to ride on the pavement..Sadly, a foreigner is always a target in Thailand, I very much doubt he would’ve won a court cause in an orderly manner   ?

Win a court case?  Words almost escape me. This is not your hometown legal system here in the L.O.S.

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

Looking at the replies just brings home to me how many on here wear sunshine specs. The Thai was breaking the law and was endangering pedestrians. 

Naaagh!   They will say it is "culture".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wirat69 said:

he could take their photograph (both of them) and be 1,000 baht richer now!!??

The "authorities" would probably come up with some reason not to pay, especially if farang making a claim. :coffee1:

Everyone please understand my rule number 1: I am American. I am not living in USA. I am living outside USA in another country. Better make sure I make no mistakes because this is not my country of citizenship. Tourist and expats please remember this. Be good. Walk away from danger. Go faster....faster.

17 hours ago, Thian said:

Well done Thai police! I hope this movie goes viral abroad.

This is what the police wants, other people doing their work...did the poster of the video get the reward for filming this? That's what the police asked for some weeks ago...and the poster would get a few thousand baht for it.

I also don't step aside for motocy's on the sidewalk but to me they won't start a fight. so strange.

Also i'm very tired of motocy taxi's driving against traffic...when will the lazy police finally stop that? I see it every 20 seconds.

You should go home, you obviously can't adapt. You think Thais don't/can't fight, a farang gets killed or injured every day with the same thought?

17 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why do we have to see theese moronic tourists coming here almost everyday? Can´t they just stay home and look Tv-series or something?

Coming where exactly? Your location clearly states Moon.

18 hours ago, tifino said:

I'd have grabbed the keys, and thrown them  onto the roadway, where they belonged...

Why? Everyone uses the sidewalk, I do too. The old man had plenty of room to walk on by.

12 hours ago, samsensam said:

haha! this is thailand, i am thai, if i want to ride on the pavement then i will and i'm not going to let johnny foreigner tell me what to do in my own county.

or anyone else by the sound of it, you sound such a lovely person.

21 minutes ago, AllanB said:

You should go home, you obviously can't adapt. You think Thais don't/can't fight, a farang gets killed or injured every day with the same thought?

Ill remember that and make sure I  kill anyone who gets in my way on the pavement/sidewalk, thanks for that helpful tip:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Tourists should learn and adapt to the fact that there aren’t any traffic road rules and relgulations in Thailand, which means pedestrians are just mobile pawns at risk of being run over whether on the side walk or on the pedestrian’s zebra crossing, you are at risk of being injured at any given moment especially in Bangkok !

In this instance, the fat lump who tried to impose himself on the Thai guy miserably failed, although needless to say the police aren’t there to prevent this clash from escalating as it did considering that in the end the Thai guy would have got away with it in spite of the fact that he’s not supposed to ride on the pavement..Sadly, a foreigner is always a target in Thailand, I very much doubt he would’ve won a court cause in an orderly manner   ?

Oh really so driving on the sidewalk is LEGAL here is it ?? What a complete moronic post. Had the tourist been injured by the motorcycle who would pay the medical bill, not the uninsured probably unlice33nsed rider, of that I am sure. Thainess at its best

• Like 1

I guess the Farang has just arrived from Pattaya (still wearing beach outfit) and not yet familiar with vehicles driving on the pavement in Bangkok.  Take a photo, report it to police and you will get rich fast.

Edited by Xonax
  • Haha 1