I can hear the food I eat - Do You

On 3/22/2018 at 1:14 PM, marko kok prong said:

Have you ever heard the screaming a lettuce makes when it is sliced,bone chilling i can tell you. Of course only certain people can,i being one ,carrots are worse they actually plead with you,before you weild the knife,of course i couldn't give a fig about it.

Well mkp; you are bang on the money on this.

Even water has a memory and can sense the difference between people.

Must always respect nature.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, Familyonthemove said:

I've worked in slaughterhouses - not vastly different to what you describe, just done with more privacy.

I don't eat pork, lamb or beef (or dog, horse or octopus), but I do eat chicken and fish, as subjectively they appear to have less capacity to feel stress and fear. 

Exactly !!! If people could see how the meat that they eat has been killed, they would eat less !

Especially those ridiculous people who pretend to care about animals.

Human are stupid and the more I know them the more it is confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

In the UK the animals had to be stunned prior to being killed. 

What you describe is how Muslims prepare Halal food.

I belonged to a group in the UK that were semi-vegetarians. The only meat we would eat was road-kill.

I don't really care about the Muslims. I'd rather they killed animals than humans; although I don't really know about their eating preferences. My second wife was a Muslim. We ate the same stuff.

I don't think those IS people would eat a Christian even if they were hungry.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

Why doesn't op do something other than complain?   This is life.   Buy the town a stun gun.  Sends a rod into the brain.   I agree that a quick kill is best but these guys just don't have the means.   I bet they don't kill the pig this way for the joy of it.    

I think all 5 th graders should have to kill a rabbit or chicken and process it.     I think this may prevent some of the killing in the world.   All these movies show a gun sending a man to the wall and slumping to a quick demise but it's not like this in real.  It's sad so many people don't know where there food comes from.      

Pigs in the wild are quite mean to each other.   Should we try to stop this?    

My sausage was good this morning. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazykopite said:

No worse than killing a chicken or any other animal that’s the way in Thailand I am afraid in the Western world the pig would be taken to the slaughter house , given a bit more respect but in the end would be prepared in the same manner it’s a way of life .

where I grew up in the US it was allot of farm land. Anytime we had a bbq we would kill a pig. So not different from the west!. However we did shoot the pig before we started any cutting.

• Like 1

Good thing our distant ancestors started to consume animal protein. Enabeling the brain to grow bigger and bigger.
Whithout this, we would still be sitting in trees, chewing on low protein leaves, knowing nothing about computers, nuclear weapons or vicious Pattaya Lady-Boys. The ultimative blow: We would know nothing of Thai-Visa-Forum!

Hmmmmm.... The longer I think about it.....perhaps we should have stayed in the trees. Leaves with a bit of Bar-B-Que sauce isn't bad. Ask any Chimpansee!
Cheers.

PS: There is a theory gaining in popularity: By eating more leaves (dunked in Bar-B-Que sauce), the human brain will eventually shrink, but at the same time, a males Penis will gain in size. I assume this is "fake-news". Otherwise half of the Farang male population of Pattaya will abandon their bar stools and rush to the nearby djungles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The OP is one of those people who ate meat and other ani,al products as long as they arrived prepackaged and ready to go on the grill. When faced with the truth he has no stomach for what use to taste so good

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Good thing our distant ancestors started to consume animal protein. Enabeling the brain to grow bigger and bigger.
Whithout this, we would still be sitting in trees, chewing on low protein leaves, knowing nothing about computers, nuclear weapons or vicious Pattaya Lady-Boys. The ultimative blow: We would know nothing of Thai-Visa-Forum!

What was the quantum leap from out ape-like forefathers to the present human? Cheese!!! Yes, the ability to prduce cheese. Probably not so many varieties that we have today but a sort of cottage cheese.

UCLA did some research on plants a while ago. A researcher went into a room full of plants and chopped some down. Later he re-entered the room and the remaining plants could be seen on the video that was shot moving away from the man. Sentient beings?

Years ago I was invited to a house in Issan where the father was going to be cremated after being entombed for a year. It was a poor farming family and they fed the guests water buffalo. I heard a thudding and a guy was hitting hitting the buffalo over the head repeatedly with a sledge hammer. Cripes. Why not kill it humanely as possible? Maybe that was the only way they knew to kill it? Buddhists have respect for all creatures? And yes, stress is not good for the taste.

Watch the documentary  'Earthlings'....."chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit".

If this doesn't turn you(r stomach) into a vegetarian nothing will.

Bon Appetite - Food with a Face.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, elgenon said:

UCLA did some research on plants a while ago. A researcher went into a room full of plants and chopped some down. Later he re-entered the room and the remaining plants could be seen on the video that was shot moving away from the man. Sentient beings?

Years ago I was invited to a house in Issan where the father was going to be cremated after being entombed for a year. It was a poor farming family and they fed the guests water buffalo. I heard a thudding and a guy was hitting hitting the buffalo over the head repeatedly with a sledge hammer. Cripes. Why not kill it humanely as possible? Maybe that was the only way they knew to kill it? Buddhists have respect for all creatures? And yes, stress is not good for the taste.

A Thai bhudist friend explained to me that a good bud it's should not kill any living creature, or cause it to be killed.

When we ordered a suckling pig for New Year, she condemned us for doing so. When she came to the party, she ate it along with everyone else, and said how delicious it was. When asked how she could eat it when her religious principles were against it, she said,

"No problem, I did not kill it or cause it to be killed. It's dead now, it would be criminal to waste the meat, so that's ok, but you will not get a seat in heaven because you ordered it's death. You need to pay a lot of money to the Wat to buy back your seat!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grusa said:

A Thai bhudist friend explained to me that a good bud it's should not kill any living creature, or cause it to be killed.

When we ordered a suckling pig for New Year, she condemned us for doing so. When she came to the party, she ate it along with everyone else, and said how delicious it was. When asked how she could eat it when her religious principles were against it, she said,

"No problem, I did not kill it or cause it to be killed. It's dead now, it would be criminal to waste the meat, so that's ok, but you will not get a seat in heaven because you ordered it's death. You need to pay a lot of money to the Wat to buy back your seat!"

Now that is really hypocritical and a common belief of Thai Buddhists , hence the soi dog over population . It sounds like she is not a vegetarian and must be aware that all meat / fish are slaughtered for consumption so her logic is wrong and meaningless .    

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

To the vegans out there, you worry about animal products. Have you ever wondered how your leather belt or leather shoes got made? Just remember, my food sh!(4's  on your food.

Huh? Any idiot knows what leather is and from whence it came. :crazy:

I am a vegan. Vegans, by definition,

shun all animal products to the absolute best of their knowledge...including clothing, toiletries, etc. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 12:19 PM, transam said:

For sure but we probably would not eat eggs if we all really thought about it...

Chicken husbandry on egg farms is cruel and inhumane. I worked on such as a youngster. One of many reasons I'm a long term vegan.

• Thanks 1

All the vegetarians and vegans out there who want us to stop eating meat does that mean they will feed all those cows pigs Etc out there or will they want them to be killed. There are millions of farm animals around the world nobody will want should they be allowed to die or will you kill them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 3/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, maximillian said:

I became vegetarian, not because I don't like to eat meat, but when I realized how the meat was produced and what it contains. (Hormones, adrenaline)

Yes, I have a leather belt and leather shoes. So what ? The point is, the raising of cattle, poultry and pigs should be more natural and it could be if there was a good intention to do so. But no, our meat and sausages must be cheap and affordable. That's why so many of us are obese and unhealthy. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cereals are better food. Vegetarian proteins are better utilizeable than such from animals. Vegans and Vegetarians need to ad Vitamin B12 to their diet, though.

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-you-choose-to-become-a-vegan-or-a-vegetarian

Kumbayah

All the vegetarians and vegans out there who want us to stop eating meat does that mean they will feed all those cows pigs Etc out there or will they want them to be killed. There are millions of farm animals around the world nobody will want should they be allowed to die or will you kill them all.

Cows as a species would be extinct if it were not for meat eaters... 

If they were all set free they would soon eat all the world's vegetables - then what would we eat?:whistling:

• Like 1