You think to much

Well may be I do think to much but I just can't stop asking my self questions especially when I see some thing that I can't really explain , understand the logic of or justify to my self. 

My latest question stems from a trip Ive just made with my wife to see one of her family relatives . Nothing much happened during the visit but on the way back home we stopped at a 7 – 11  . As I drove away from the 7-11 right there across the road was what looked like a newly built European style house .

Two things struck me about the house , one the whole house was painted in a shocking pink color and the exterior wood work had been painted a lime green , seeing that hideous concoction of colors in its self was enough to make me turn to the wife sitting next to me and say ....................who in their right mind would paint a lovely house in those ridiculous colors :sick:

But seeing the colors the house was painted in was not the thing that really made me blurt out these following words …....who ever owns that house must be out of their tiny mind :crazy:

There in the front garden of the house was a flag pole and at the top of that flag pole was a flag fluttering in the breeze. By now I has stopped my vehicle directly opposite to the house and as I pulled out my mobile phone to take a photograph of the flag , some one came out of the front door and sat in a wooden sala at the side of the house so I drove away .

The flag was for a European country :whistling:

My dear wife could not understand my loud acidic comment about the flag , she thought it looked very nice and that the house owner must be proud of their own country .

I told her that in my opinion having a non Thailand flag on a pole in your front garden of your house could lead to problems , problems like advertising to the world that you are in fact a rich foreigner and as such in the eyes of most Thai's you will no doubt have a house full of cash or gold and of course expensive items that are easy to steal .

Apart from that some local's could get upset seeing a lone foreign flag and no accompanying Thai flag , then there's obvious , here's the foreigner rubbing their wealth in the faces of the locals, which may cause some resentment .

No way would I ever consider putting my home country's flag in my front garden no matter how patriotic I was  , my simple house just blends in and from its out side exterior its easily over looked. 

So have you got your home country's flag some where on your property , if not would you ever consider having a flag  , or are you like me and think keeping a low profile is the safest and best policy.

:WPFflags:

My house is brown and beige ( beige wall , brown soffits and columns etc )but also has lime green wooden cladding between the windows. All 46 houses in the Moobahn are this way except for one house which has painted the green the same beige colour.
When we bought the house, last July, I told my gf I would paint over the green. She thought it unnecessary but agreed ( haven’t got round to it yet ).

In the next Moobahn a Brit has a large Union Jack and a Thai flag hanging outside his house, not to my taste but I don’t think it too bad an idea.

I lived in Brazil for many years and always hung out a St George’s cross flag during the World Cup.
But during the 2002 wc England met Brazil in the Quarterfinals and due to some rumours in the small town that I lived that there was likely to be an angry mob attacking my house if England won ( as if [emoji23]) !!
Although I knew it was just gossip and unlikely to happen I removed the flag due to pressure from the old lady !!
Of course it didn’t really matter because England lost 2-1 .
Surprise, surprise...............NOT !!

You should have added at least one picture of that house to your post.

About the flag: I wouldn't do it in my home country and I wouldn't do it here. But maybe that individual is i.e. a lonely German (replace with any nationality you like) and he wants to communicate with people from his home country in Thailand. Maybe with the flag he get's the attention he wants.

Thais have a different attitude to colour as we farang's do. I saw the Royal Guard once in Bkk, dressed in pink uniforms.

While the farang may have built the house, it belongs to his wife and she can paint it to suit herself.

As for advertising that money is in the house, the house itself does that, and the flag is incidental.

I do think you "think too much".

Try going with the flow here, and you might be happier. It's not Kansas, Toto.

• Like 1

Thais have a different attitude to colour as we farang's do. I saw the Royal Guard once in Bkk, dressed in pink uniforms.
While the farang may have built the house, it belongs to his wife and she can paint it to suit herself.
As for advertising that money is in the house, the house itself does that, and the flag is incidental.
I do think you "think too much".
Try going with the flow here, and you might be happier. It's not Kansas, Toto.

IMG_1991.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, Once Bitten said:

There in the front garden of the house was a flag pole and at the top of that flag pole was a flag fluttering in the breeze

Are you sure that the building wasnt the new French Embassy ?