Trump moves towards China tariffs in warning shot on technology transfer

webfact

16 hours ago, impulse said:

And that's working so well for the likes of GE...

The reason I look to the past is because that's when the USA was at it's strongest and every generation expected to do better than their parents' generation.  Whatever they're doing today- isn't working.  At least not for the majority of Americans, or for the USA.

Edit:  BTW, if you want to know my whole belief system on the issue, look up Richard Wolff's "Capitalism Hits the Fan".  He explains it as clearly and simply as anyone I've ever seen, heard, or read.

Yes the USA has matured and like a 50 yr old there is nothing to be gained from wishing to be 20 again. Learn the lessons of youth, the lessons of the past, but todays solutions will not be the solutions of 1776, 1890, nor 1950.

I have read Capitalism Hits the Fan.

IF Trump wants a trade war, then China can fight back by closing down the companies they own in US and move them to China... those companies are mostly owned by the Chinese state or Chinese banks and companies owned or controlled by the state!!!

The industry in US died because of the almighty dollar and the search for more and more profit, just look at companies like LG (South Korea) and Huawei (Chinese) that existed long but they were making and developing products for other companies like Motorola and Apple.... now they are taking market-shares all over the world as they have gained the know how to make good products at low cost/price!