Herrity's Dive

OliverKlozerof

Stopped in to this place near Robin Hood in Phrom Phong. Some years ago it was across Sukhumvit running under a different name. I would sometimes stop in there then and quite enjoyed it. Have only been in to the new location, now called Herrity's, just a few times over past few years. Each time, less impressed. Tonight was stuck by the smell of the place, rudeness of staff. Surprised it's still operating. 

Out of the three places around there, Royal Oak, Robin Hood and there, it's always looked the least appealing / inviting to me. Prefer the Royal Oak when I'm in the mood for a pub style venue,  prefer the open front style better than the closed in variety.

Edited by SooKee

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Bull's Head and Dubliner are close to there. Not that I frequent either as I have a pub 100m from my house.

There's no Bull's Head (now Royal Oak) and no Dubliner (now Herrity's). 

As for the OP, I've been there maybe a couple of dozen times since the name/management change. It's an acceptable pub and I like the terrace but I too feel service has declined. Staff are very short on customer relations and more aggressive on pestering you for another drink.  My fave place these days is Scruffy's Irish pub on soi 23.

36 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

There's no Bull's Head (now Royal Oak) and no Dubliner (now Herrity's). 

As for the OP, I've been there maybe a couple of dozen times since the name/management change. It's an acceptable pub and I like the terrace but I too feel service has declined. Staff are very short on customer relations and more aggressive on pestering you for another drink.  My fave place these days is Scruffy's Irish pub on soi 23.

Tend to agree, the breakfast was better there when it was the QV though IMO.