Lights dim on Bangkok’s nightlife as military tries to salvage legacy

webfact

19 hours ago, munchlet said:

The Washington Post is way out of line. Patpong was NOT the original Red Light District of the city, my understanding  is that Sampeng in Chinatown was, as far as Bangkok is concerned. However, it is also true to say that every small town to large metropolis in the country has had it own red light district for centuries. Contrary to what The Thai establishment would have you believe, prostitution did not arrive in the Land of Smiles with the advent of the R&R culture of the Vietnam war, though I dare say it DID probably mean the advent of pole dancing in Thailand as a methodology for ladies and gentlemen of dubious morality to show off their wares.

The oldest profession in the world.......... Flogging yer mutton ! 

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

And lovely to see you too. It is fun to watch you double down with so many members on here. It’s serving you well :cheesy:

It's even more fun for me especially when one in particular comes along and sticks his oar in with nonsense just for the sake of it.  No names of course. 

By the way, it's funnier when someone makes a comment and has to add a juvenile emoji to tell everyone how hilarious it was(n't)!

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's even more fun for me especially when one in particular comes along and sticks his oar in with nonsense just for the sake of it.  No names of course. 

By the way, it's funnier when someone makes a comment and has to add a juvenile emoji to tell everyone how hilarious it was(n't)!

Are you being sarcastic, Just Weird? Ironic? Naughty, naughty. You don’t do that. You’re Mr. Literal, remember? 

Speaking of nonsense - I am enjoying reading your replies to so many members on this thread. Seems it’s not only me who who calls you out on it. 

This is me enjoying myself by laughing at your replies :cheesy: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Are you being sarcastic, Just Weird? Ironic? Naughty, naughty. You don’t do that. You’re Mr. Literal, remember? 

Speaking of nonsense - I am enjoying reading your replies to so many members on this thread. Seems it’s not only me who who calls you out on it. 

This is me enjoying myself by laughing at your replies :cheesy: 

"Seems it’s not only me who who calls you out on it". 

Seems that you're not the only one who who (!) is wrong most of the time, then!

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

"Seems it’s not only me who who calls you out on it". 

Seems that you're not the only one who who (!) is wrong most of the time, then!

How many members have called you out on this thread? But you carry on and double down. Clearly you’re not wrong. 

Well done on the ‘who who’. I mean really - well done. 

• Sad 1