From NY motorcycle driver license to Thai one?

Hello, 

Since I have been here two years, it's about the time to renew my driver license.
It is ok I have a regular driver license but I need sometimes ride a motorcycle when I go small city for the fun. 

I DO have New York motorcycle driver license it was really hard to get 5 years ago.
Is there any way I can get Thai motorcycle driver license without any test or anything.
Does anyone know I can get change with my original motorcycle license to Thai one, please? Thanks, 

Thailand issues two licenses, one for car and another for motorcycles

As long as your NY motorcycle license is still valid you will not have to take the driving test but will still be required to take the "written" test, (which I think is now on a work station at DLT) take the eye and coordination test, and watch the safety film.  You must also have a medical certificate, easy and cheap to get

I had a PA license and it had the motorcycle endorsement so I obtained both motorcycle and car Thai license when I arrived here 

Thank you very much for the tip. 

Let me make sure what you told me.

I can get the motor cycle license without real driving test here but need to prepare written test and the other some steps right?

Is written test hard to get? is it English? Do I need to study before it?

Thanks again, 

"Written test" is a multiple choice test in English done on a computer terminal. Some questions are "Thai" in nature but if you have been driving for a while then those can be answered by applying common sense.  

If you go to the test centre somewhere there, even outside at the restaurant, you can buy a book with pictures but no English. Depth perception and reaction time tests are easy if you watch what the other people do. 

Even the practical test is relatively straight forward. 

May depends on local offices, but, when I presented my UK driving licence (Car + Big Bike) at one of the Bangkok DLT offices I just had to watch a video and pass the color / distance / reaction tests.

Better to check directly with your local DLT office.

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Some questions are "Thai" in nature but if you have been driving for a while then those can be answered by applying common sense.  

Apply common sense then mark the answer as totally opposite to what you think is common sense.

took me 3 attempts at the computerised written test some of the questions/answers where just plain crazy!  IMHO

1 hour ago, Fab5BKK said:

I presented my UK driving licence

Same experience for my car licence except I didn't have to watch the video.

Archived