Chinese woman defecates in Bangkok taxi, refuses to pay clean up charge

snoop1130

On 3/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, Letseng said:

Thai-Chinese mainly speak Teochow and not Mandarin. 

true. i was surprised because a taiwanese gal was visiting me and local thai chinese and her could not communicate.

why is it hardly any thai chinese speak mandarin, the main language of china?

DISASTER ON THE WAY:

Thailand's tourism body expects 300,000 visitors from China during the Lunar New Year holidays, a nearly 18 percent rise from a year ago

What could come next-Yep, we have a disaster waiting to happen. young Chinese flouting ash, Chinese teens dressed so fashionably taxi drivers/local pedestrians pass dirty remarks which foreigners cannot understand, ( dress>Thai laws on dress code), Many of these Chinese uneducated to overseas travel customs and can speak only mandarin, and local thieves, pickpockets on the rise in MRT/BTS stations and shops.,Train frequency is high-meaning distance between trains is less...risk of accident higher...Unfortunately monitoring the huge inbound traffic is impossible and the government never imagined the magnitude either..and the problems its causing to the local people, office goers and school kids..No let the gravy train roll on!!

If you are a security expert or even a media person whose area is risk assessment-Then a incident of a train accident,kidnapping/rape or even a ghastly murder is around the corner to happen here.Risks are huge..Thailand is ill-equipped to offer protection and unable to say no due to the money wagon coming from China.

Either way when the money wagon stopswhat will happen to the fragile economy..a point worth pondering for the government policy makers.

cheers!

C6y7CLbVAAAnz4g.jpg

On 3/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, atyclb said:

true. i was surprised because a taiwanese gal was visiting me and local thai chinese and her could not communicate.

why is it hardly any thai chinese speak mandarin, the main language of china?

Ummm... because they never learnt it?  

17 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

Ummm... because they never learnt it?  

ok, i thought the answer might be because the region where the chinese immigrants left for thailand was one where teochow and not mandarin was used.

• Like 1

ok, i thought the answer might be because the region where the chinese immigrants left for thailand was one where teochow and not mandarin was used.

That's right the teochew dialect is spoken by people from the Chaoshan region. People from this region immigrated to Cambodia, Lao and Thailand and older folks still speak teochew although the younger generation are learning Mandarin

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

Should not be taken as a joke, this kind of thing can happen to anybody. With the huge traffic jams in Bangkok, this is an expected situation. Like vomit bags in the plane, taxis should carry plastic bags for passengers in need. 

4 hours ago, ZAKY said:

Should not be taken as a joke, this kind of thing can happen to anybody. With the huge traffic jams in Bangkok, this is an expected situation. Like vomit bags in the plane, taxis should carry plastic bags for passengers in need. 

And who is to take care of the plastic bag at end of journey ? the taxi man ? maybe thats why there is no plastic bags in taxis i would not do it !

10 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

And who is to take care of the plastic bag at end of journey ? the taxi man ? maybe thats why there is no plastic bags in taxis i would not do it !

Sling it out of the car window may be?

This is normal in China. I took a picture of a Chinese family that let their kid defecate outside the entrance of Central Festival Pattaya some time ago. It made the news. Just get ready for more of it.