Chevy Colorado

kannot

The 2018 models  not the old 2016 they still have on their website................whats the verdict, apart from dealers too far apart how is the vehicle, any inherent problems??

Also anyone know if an update version of the TRITON is coming out?  or  any Ranger update

Im gonna get me a  new truck at the end of this year, I dont like the dull as  plank Revo the Colorado comes  with quite a lot of kit but I do also like the Triton though it is a bit old hat now.

Let it  rip!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After hours of internet trawling and as much as I like the Colorado, the total lack of response and poor  showrooms of Chevrolet totally unable to supply  the "Mobile service" by me which their website states is available "anytime anywhere" Ive decide to not get one, this leaves " The Others", Ford is outta  the window , again too many reports of  bad service, The Toyota is as  dull as a  plank and theres  no Mitsubishi NEW Triton appearing by the looks of things. Found a 2017 JD Power survey of Thailand and its aint good for  almost all of them as regards Customer service.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2017-thailand-customer-service-index-csi-study

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I think the bow-tie is good looking, but I think the Toyota, Isuzu, Ford & Mazda are good looking as well.

I don’t like the look of the mitsu.

Isuzu is a good bet. Good service everywhere and much cheaper than Toyota.

I cant stand the Trucks here ,they dont have the stance of their US originals. Look Nice  here .? you can kid yer self.Now an El Camino is a real looker.No doubt Sir Trans has a Pic.:partytime2:

9 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I cant stand the Trucks here ,they dont have the stance of their US originals. Look Nice  here .? you can kid yer self.Now an El Camino is a real looker.No doubt Sir Trans has a Pic.:partytime2:

camino.jpg.12054f0e432a1a57d87b494eff101d5f.jpg

Hmm Trans  lets not turn this into a V12  48 cylinder  NO2Truck fest thread ta etc

So why i dont like the Toyota, too similar to outgoing Hilux, boring and dull, engines weak. My Local dealer is fairly good though and the one I have now which I bought off a friend at a VERY good price after 6  months form new has been  very reliable................but  for me its "dull" obviously my personal opinion. The in dash screen looks  like its  just been shoved in for the infotainment system.

Isuzu, well the interior of the VMax one is actually the "old model" Colorado interiro and they are built in the same factory so its kind of an old  looking interior. The new engines 1.9 seem weak  (150hp and low Torque)and I just dont like the exterior/interior.

Mitsubishi, way past its  sell by date and needs an update but I think theyve just been bought out partly by Nissan??? who have the Navara so maybe unlikely to invest in a new Triton??

Nissan, looks  ok but not sure about reliability issues, saw the old d24? model had no end of  ,haha, big  end  failures was it ?and then there were the ones that literally split in half with the bed separating from the cabin. Nissan paint quality like  all of the above is pretty <deleted>, in fact the Colorados paint is really quite good and  not too much orange peel.

but the big "BUT" here is Chevrolets  so far really CRAP  service and the websit offering mobile service when the reality is Ive been to 3  dealers, 2  in bKK one in Hua Hin and only one knew about it, just wondering how many dealers  really offer it and even know about it?

No mention on Chevvys website of it not being available everywhere in fact quite the opposite they state "anytime anywhere" clearly B.S

Ford Rnager gawd ..well what do I read about oil changes and must replace sump  plug within ten minutes of draining or oil pump fails??? really, also many tale of "bad service" and ranked BOTTOM in the JD Power survey in Thailand for service, Chevrolet second last which dunt say much for either.

I dont see any reliability problems with the Colorado except pre 2015 had a big issue with OIL consumption due to crap cylinder bores done in manufacturing now fixed.

Ive been to 3 Chevvy dealers n the last 3  days and to say I was "unimpressed" is an understatement, pity as I do really like that Colorado and Chevrolet are as dumb as a sack of spanners  in at least 2-3 of those dealerships, didnt even know what mobile servicing was.

Why do I want mobile servicing you ask? well Im about 40k from the nearest dealer.

A read of Chevrolet owners in Phuket also highlights the crap service there as the delaership closed with Chevvy promising a new dealership before the end of 2017...............as of today still NO dealer in Phuket and if u own chevvy there you got to go 300km to the nearest dealer for servicing................oh yeah OR warranty INVALIDATED...........great Customer service Chevvy, really great!! See chevvys website, no dealer in Phuket still!!

2017_thailand_csi_press_release_mm_ppt_eng_170619_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

Hmm Trans  lets not turn this into a V12  48 cylinder  NO2Truck fest thread ta etc

So why i dont like the Toyota, too similar to outgoing Hilux, boring and dull, engines weak. My Local dealer is fairly good though and the one I have now which I bought off a friend at a VERY good price after 6  months form new has been  very reliable................but  for me its "dull" obviously my personal opinion. The in dash screen looks  like its  just been shoved in for the infotainment system.

Isuzu, well the interior of the VMax one is actually the "old model" Colorado interiro and they are built in the same factory so its kind of an old  looking interior. The new engines 1.9 seem weak  (150hp and low Torque)and I just dont like the exterior/interior.

Mitsubishi, way past its  sell by date and needs an update but I think theyve just been bought out partly by Nissan??? who have the Navara so maybe unlikely to invest in a new Triton??

Nissan, looks  ok but not sure about reliability issues, saw the old d24? model had no end of  ,haha, big  end  failures was it ?and then there were the ones that literally split in half with the bed separating from the cabin. Nissan paint quality like  all of the above is pretty <deleted>, in fact the Colorados paint is really quite good and  not too much orange peel.

but the big "BUT" here is Chevrolets  so far really CRAP  service and the websit offering mobile service when the reality is Ive been to 3  dealers, 2  in bKK one in Hua Hin and only one knew about it, just wondering how many dealers  really offer it and even know about it?

No mention on Chevvys website of it not being available everywhere in fact quite the opposite they state "anytime anywhere" clearly B.S

Ford Rnager gawd ..well what do I read about oil changes and must replace sump  plug within ten minutes of draining or oil pump fails??? really, also many tale of "bad service" and ranked BOTTOM in the JD Power survey in Thailand for service, Chevrolet second last which dunt say much for either.

I dont see any reliability problems with the Colorado except pre 2015 had a big issue with OIL consumption due to crap cylinder bores done in manufacturing now fixed.

Ive been to 3 Chevvy dealers n the last 3  days and to say I was "unimpressed" is an understatement, pity as I do really like that Colorado and Chevrolet are as dumb as a sack of spanners  in at least 2-3 of those dealerships, didnt even know what mobile servicing was.

Why do I want mobile servicing you ask? well Im about 40k from the nearest dealer.

A read of Chevrolet owners in Phuket also highlights the crap service there as the delaership closed with Chevvy promising a new dealership before the end of 2017...............as of today still NO dealer in Phuket and if u own chevvy there you got to go 300km to the nearest dealer for servicing................oh yeah OR warranty INVALIDATED...........great Customer service Chevvy, really great!! See chevvys website, no dealer in Phuket still!!

2017_thailand_csi_press_release_mm_ppt_eng_170619_1.jpg

So a Revo looks like a Vigo.....:whistling:

Revo has a weak engine.....:whistling:

Well, this maybe the ride for you....:whistling:

camino2.jpg.0c1e23bb07e3526b329cc1a9516b7c39.jpg

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So a Revo looks like a Vigo.....:whistling:

Revo has a weak engine.....:whistling:

Well, this maybe the ride for you....:whistling:

camino2.jpg.0c1e23bb07e3526b329cc1a9516b7c39.jpg

u  missed the bit about turning it into a v12 no2 supercharged, gas turbine nuclear fusion reactored thread though so..................unfortunately, i have to declare the POS above "fired" hahaha

22 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

No more please, im getting unsettled seeing Cars without Cement Mixer Engines .

Chevrolet bites the dust.

My Experience re enforces my initial feeling

Visited Hua Hin showroom asked about mobile servicing as im far from the dealer, they knew nothing, called Chevvy hotline, they said its available , then  hotline says they have no staff to offer it  at Hua  Hin so why not remove the "anytime anywhere" BS off your website Chevrolet?

E Mailed Chevrolet Thailand about it, no response, e  mailed Chevrolet America CEO twice, no response, went to two more dealers in BKK, one at Sukumvit Road Udom Suk  BTS  had a showroom in partial deconstruction and no parking spaces, on entry no security or anyone around to show us where "if anywhere" to park, entered showroom, salesmans head in phone, walked straight past him, he said they were moving opposite to a new showroom, asked when, vague  look and 1  year mentioned.

Went to dealer on Srinakarin road asked saleswoman about mobile servicing, she knew nothing about it, I left ,clearly no idea what she was  selling.

Wanted to see a Red High Country Storm 4 door model, called a  dealer at Samut Sakorn on highway 35 phone number is 34 410 879.....simply get automated message and when press for sales it rings then cuts you off.

Chevrolets " find a dealer website actually has the WRONG Phone number for them also, but either way, they dont answer.

Must be selling so many they have no time to answer the phone???.

Facebook Chevrolet page has a contact us messaging system so I told them no mobile service in Hua Hin and they said Rachaburi do mobile service..............thinking it highly unlikely they will come from Rachaburi to Sam Roi Yot i called them and sure enough.no way.

So there you have it, the farce that is "We Care" Chevrolets service and dont forget the mobile servicing "Anytime anywhere"

Incredible, god  knows how they sell any cars and the dealers well some of them dont even answer their phones.

52 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Government Motors pulled out of India altogether and left all the bow-tie-guys hanging...

Ford also have crap sales in India, dont know if theyve  gone already, sales in Thailand "incredibly" are  up though because the last 4 years theres been a MASSIVE drop in sales!

Chevrolet sales in 2012 75000 units in 2017 12700 units, a bit  "telling" Id  say.

Reading up a little  on the current state of GM Chevrolet in Thailand, they are going to drop saloon cars  Captiva and Cruze and concentrate solely on Colorado and Trailblazer much like Isuzu  do now selling only trucks.

They had sales of 10  million worldwide in 2017 buoyed up by China making them worldwide No.3 with VW 1st Toyota 2nd GM 3rd.

1 minute ago, kannot said:

Reading up a little  on the current state of GM Chevrolet in Thailand, they are going to drop saloon cars  Captiva and Cruze and concentrate solely on Colorado and Trailblazer much like Isuzu  do now selling only trucks.

They had sales of 10  million worldwide in 2017 buoyed up by China making them worldwide No.3 with VW 1st Toyota 2nd GM 3rd.

Just re badged  stuff from Diawoo and Isuzu, shades of Ford/ Mazda history here. Now Holden in Qzz.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Just re badged  stuff from Diawoo and Isuzu, shades of Ford/ Mazda history here. Now Holden in Qzz.

Then we have the Towering inferno Ranger, I love this  guys reports, if  only Thailand had some real consumer law and got rid of the stupid defamation crap. Ford also copped a $10million  fine for the Powershit transmission as its  known

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Isuzu has bought out the South African factory as  well.

3 hours ago, kannot said:

Isuzu has bought out the South African factory as  well.

About 25+ years ago Isuzu made a truck for Honda. Badged as the Honda Hiway Master and retailed in Showrooms alongside Cars... it.caused Honda a loss in sales in all models when Thai Folk realised they were conned.They have never sold a Truck. or Diesel engine here since that crafty accountant style trick.

Just back from OZ...we really do get shafted on the range and price of vehicles we get in LoS....having said that, the ranger was by far the most common pickup I saw. The updated ranger / everest should also be coming with the 2.0 and 10 speed auto, possibly this year. At least here we don't pay $1.50/litre for petrol!

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Just back from OZ...we really do get shafted on the range and price of vehicles we get in LoS....having said that, the ranger was by far the most common pickup I saw. The updated ranger / everest should also be coming with the 2.0 and 10 speed auto, possibly this year. At least here we don't pay $1.50/litre for petrol!

Does it come with a fire extinguisher??:shock1:

22 hours ago, mogandave said:

I think the bow-tie is good looking, but I think the Toyota, Isuzu, Ford & Mazda are good looking as well.

I don’t like the look of the mitsu.

Isuzu is a good bet. Good service everywhere and much cheaper than Toyota.

I run an old Toyota 4x4, yes some parts on this model are more expensive than average but that is mainly because they are pretty heavy duty compared to the 2 wheel drive version. My mate runs an Isuzu of similar age but is a 2 wheel drive and to be honest, there is not much noticeable difference in service costs at either main dealer. Both are dirt cheap if you compare them to their European counterparts.

The other thing is that they are both ultra reliable and if looked after seem to keep running forever.

I wouldn't put the service costs down as a negative on either manufacturer, in fact given the pricing and availability of parts and service I would almost go as far as saying they are both a plus (if you compare apples for apples)

Looking like the older model used to be a selling point with Mercedes salesmen.  The car will last for ever so it's better if people don't know how old it is.  We have a 2.5 Vigo and it certainly is not underpowered.  6 years 131,000 k and apart from tyres at 95k all we have done is wiper blades, brake pads, two headlight bulbs and a fan belt.

For me an Isuzu or another Toyota are all I would buy.  All sorts of rumours and stories about all the rest.  And I have had bad luck with Mitsubishi.

Archived