Chevy Colorado

kannot

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John rates the ranger, Colorado, mitsu and Mazda, tho he bags the shit out of Ford and Colorado customer service.. have friends with these sort of cars, ranger is by far the best car.. mitsu is good but to old in its tech, for me.. 
John might be taken more seriously if he actually drove any of the vehicles he 'reviews'.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Tried the Ranger found it a  wallowy lump and didnt like the position of some of the controls mainly the ones in the centre  console  hidden behind the gear shifter also  looked like too many knobs  buttons compared to the quite tidy uncluttered  colorado. For a 3.2 engine it seemed a bit staid. It  looks  ok and its  off road capability  is better from what i read but i'm gonna be 95% On Road.
 wished they  offered the 2.8 here in the New Colorado . its the  norm in Oz and even surrounding countries like Vietnam etc
The climate controls are duplicated on the touchscreen, so are easily changed. Also, when you're in drive, the analogue climate controls are easily accessible. Thinking about it, I have no problems when in 5th, so not sure what you're whining about. The light controls are in a bad place though - luckily, the lights are automatic, so I never need to touch my knob. ?

9 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

The climate controls are duplicated on the touchscreen, so are easily changed. Also, when you're in drive, the analogue climate controls are easily accessible. Thinking about it, I have no problems when in 5th, so not sure what you're whining about. The light controls are in a bad place though - luckily, the lights are automatic, so I never need to touch my knob. ?

Thats one bad habit youve stopped then.:partytime2:

12 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Is that the Powershift that's never been used in the Ranger?

Nope,  look up "grass catches  fire on Rangers" on the dpf underneath. Ok here it  is 

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/ford-ranger-recalled-for-fire-risk-59000-utes-affected-after-nine-catch-fire-or-smoulder/news-story/43a0d2d3c9a0a92c823e095b1f352ff6

Why not  go for a drive in some long grass:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, mihalis said:

Well you would be the first person ever as the ranger gets rated best hadling ute all the time.. driven them all as well and it’s a great car.. I’m planing to buy the new ranger raptor,  Colorado does look the goods and a few mates have them here on oz, and love them.. each to their own !

Did  say it was all "personal "  opinion way back at the start and thats how it felt to me, bit  like sitting hihi up on a  wallowy bathtub.

Recent tests put the Colorado ahead now its been seriously revised   for on the road. Off road Ranger still wins

15 hours ago, mihalis said:

Well you would be the first person ever as the ranger gets rated best hadling ute all the time.. driven them all as well and it’s a great car.. I’m planing to buy the new ranger raptor,  Colorado does look the goods and a few mates have them here on oz, and love them.. each to their own !

VW Amarok gets voted  better for everything but not available here

30 minutes ago, kannot said:

Is that the Powershift that's never been used in the Ranger?

Nope,  look up "grass catches  fire on Rangers" on the dpf underneath. Ok here it  is 

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/ford-ranger-recalled-for-fire-risk-59000-utes-affected-after-nine-catch-fire-or-smoulder/news-story/43a0d2d3c9a0a92c823e095b1f352ff6

I haven’t read the article, but what has the problematic Powershift transmission got to do with the diesel particulate filter (dpf)? I can’t see how the gearbox would set fire to the car (or to the grass underneath)?

VW Amarok gets voted  better for everything but not available here
Keeps losing comparison tests (to the Ranger obviously) because it only has 2 airbags. Otherwise, a cracking truck.

5 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

I haven’t read the article, but what has the problematic Powershift transmission got to do with the diesel particulate filter (dpf)? I can’t see how the gearbox would set fire to the car (or to the grass underneath)?

The point with powershit transmission was Fords  crappy service "in general" and their unwillingness to help owners with this problem, Im looking to buy a new  car and dont want this kind of crap with "whoever" I buy  from. Im well aware the Ranger has no powershift its about Fords lack of service.

Both points powershit and fire risk were Ford recalls one very expensive to fix if Ford give u the finger the other even more expensive if youre in the car when it goes up in flames thru Fords crap design where the dpf  filter catches grass and ignites.

Im not even sure Ford has actually provided a solution to the fire risk yet which however great  the Ranger may be off road when you go thru long grass ( hardly a massive challenge for this type of vehicle) this would be the last thing you'd  want.

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Keeps losing comparison tests (to the Ranger obviously) because it only has 2 airbags. Otherwise, a cracking truck.

And also a  pretty old  model but still right up there, I actually  dont like it much physically though

9 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yes, I see burning Fords everywhere.

Specific to Ranger/ BT50 and tell that to the  24  people who up to December 2017 have a smouldering mass

WhatsApp-Image-2017-08-04-at-10.12.30-AM-1.jpeg

dade5aadbf288e40e270cca3d194540a.jpg

stuarttruckfire5_1120406381413835_1570100166115507201_n.jpeg

0709mt-04-pw+1994-ford-ranger+driver-side-view.jpg

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

Says a Guy who has nothing to do with either.. went in the rear of one for a lift home,:partytime2: never again, ok for kids i suppose.

Yep, though not a baht bus, but the others yes...

PS. I personally will sit in the back of any pickup if it was a free lift home, but you can walk if you like....tease.gif.b38f751582299435b275a35745faba92.gif

Archived