Chevy Colorado

kannot

11 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The USA folk use trucks for intended purpose, here they still use them as personal transport, at least the cheaper small petrol cars have now caught on here with the brighter folk

I use my hi-rise pickup for an intended purpose, that is to reduce my chances of  getting wiped out by a "bright" person in a small petrol car.....5170.gif.d3e1cf62e8866c0c2947fd82f6439e1f.gif

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The USA folk use trucks for intended purpose, here they still use them as personal transport, at least the cheaper small petrol cars have now caught on here with the brighter folk

I’d bet 80% of the pickups sold in the US are for personal transportation.

23 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

Maybe you can find some more information on YouTube, I like the channel AutoExpertTv, it’s from an Australian auto journalist who happens to be an engineer, John Cadogan. He’s got quite a few interesting videos about trucks (Australian spec, of course), if you don’t mind his ‘attitude’ ;)

John rates the ranger, Colorado, mitsu and Mazda, tho he bags the shit out of Ford and Colorado customer service.. have friends with these sort of cars, ranger is by far the best car.. mitsu is good but to old in its tech, for me.. 

Yes for towing 5Wheels or Boats , not just popping to Big C..Many ferangs only buy one truck , then go to car

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You are misinformed. Many people buy them as daily drivers.

Cheap, big engine, rear-wheel drive, what’s not to like.

Lots of families have two cars, with one a pick-up, but not because the want to pull a trailer, but because they like them.

57 minutes ago, mihalis said:

John rates the ranger, Colorado, mitsu and Mazda, tho he bags the shit out of Ford and Colorado customer service.. have friends with these sort of cars, ranger is by far the best car.. mitsu is good but to old in its tech, for me.. 

Yeah, you have to take his reviews with a grain of salt, he’s very partial to Japanese and especially Korean brands, and it’s not always easy to tell how much is ‘just his opinion’. And when it comes to customer service, franchises in a certain area (or continent) are of course independent of each other. But at least he seems to be an independent journalist, most others just write whatever they get from the official press release, that’s why 95% of all reviews are exactly alike. 

Just now, Sapporillo said:

Yeah, you have to take his reviews with a grain of salt, he’s very partial to Japanese and especially Korean brands, and it’s not always easy to tell how much is ‘just his opinion’. And when it comes to customer service, franchises in a certain area (or continent) are of course independent of each other. But at least he seems to be an independent journalist, most others just write whatever they get from the official press release, that’s why 95% of all reviews are exactly alike. 

He got the Tinted Windows Review spot on. 

35 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

He got the Tinted Windows Review spot on. 

I’ve watched dozens of his vids, they’re mostly very amusing, and I think never once he was telling outright BS. One caveat though: he’s really pretty anti-German cars, so there’s that. 

Just now, Sapporillo said:

I’ve watched dozens of his vids, they’re mostly very amusing, and I think never once he was telling outright BS. One caveat though: he’s really pretty anti-German cars, so there’s that. 

I have one, but hes mainly right on German cars.They are not worth the premium here anymore for entry level , but then i dont mind his attitude either.

20 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I have one, but hes mainly right on German cars.They are not worth the premium here anymore for entry level , but then i dont mind his attitude either.

He says they’re (the German cars) are good to drive, but that they’re not as reliable as Japanese or Korean cars (which is probably true, and can be proven statistically), and that their customer service in Australia doesn’t qualify as ‘premium’ at all. What I can say myself, is that their marketing is top-notch: lots of people will be in awe when they sit in a Mercedes or BMW, and they will be amazed about options and performances that other brands have as well, or even had long before them. 

When people pay a significant premium, they expect better, more personalized service, and they are much more apt to complain about what they perceive as poor service.

Combine this with the “grey” imports and I’m surprised the ratings are as high as they are.

34 minutes ago, mogandave said:

When people pay a significant premium, they expect better, more personalized service, and they are much more apt to complain about what they perceive as poor service.

Well, rightly so, I might add. I remember when I needed to swap the wheels (winter/summer) on my company car (VW), one of the largest dealers in Switzerland was closest to my office, so I called for an appointment. After 20 (!) minutes on the phone I still hadn’t gotten one and I literally gave up, they had made it too complicated, bouncing me back and forth and asking ever more information. So I found a small dealer with two employees, got an appointment within 30 seconds and never called the big one again. Mind you, they didn’t care, I guess their business is selling cars and doing large repairs, they don’t want you to bring it in for minor stuff or warranty work. And if their business is flailing a little, they have the money to launch a large advertisement campaign, that will bring them a lot more new customers than they’ve lost through bad service. People usually say: if they’re that big, they can’t be as bad as he says, or they would be out of business. 

On 5/1/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sapporillo said:

Maybe you can find some more information on YouTube, I like the channel AutoExpertTv, it’s from an Australian auto journalist who happens to be an engineer, John Cadogan. He’s got quite a few interesting videos about trucks (Australian spec, of course), if you don’t mind his ‘attitude’ ;)

Been there a longtime ago, he recommends Colorado Ranger and Mazda, that was 3  years ago but now he says Ford treat customers like crap and same to for Chevrolet ( Holden in Oz)  many say the Colorado is good, dont  seem to be any  issues with them mechanically although the pre 2015  models had high  oil consumption issues due to crap bores. 

On 5/1/2018 at 9:23 AM, csabo said:

The Colorado is a rebranded Isuzu Dmax. 

Its been substantially updated and is way ahead of the D max, infact the D max uses the OLD colorado interior. Also different engines in both

On 5/1/2018 at 10:49 AM, tigerbeerz said:

Bought a Chevrolet 2.8 4x4 in 2013, never had any major problems with it (replacing the 4 x4 switch and 2 batteries), or the customer service . Serving is only required every 20K km or 1 per year, used Chevrolet service centres in Pak Chong and Hua Hin without problem, found them courteous and helpful and the charges reasonable. Still use it and would buy another. A 4% variation in JD Power survey shows that all the major car makers support is very similar. Only way to decide on what truck to buy is to test drive them all.

I did try a few Ranger ,Hilux, Colorado, but the Hua  Hin dealer didnt  know anything about the highly touted "Mobile service" The new duramax service interval is now 15k  kilometres or 9  months, but good  to hear it was reliable as thats my main concern, the dealers......well its down to each one really, Im looking for a good  dealer from Chevvy, yet to find one although one in BKK did call us back and seemed to be on the ball

On 5/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, akirasan said:

Sorry if I missed it but have you considered the Mazda BT-50?

20180419-herobanner-bt-50pro.jpg

Yes its an NON Updated Ford Ranger without all the good  stuff the Ranger has, due an update very soon but  read  already it still wont have a lot of the techno trickery of the Ranger

On 5/1/2018 at 9:13 AM, The Deerhunter said:

Looking like the older model used to be a selling point with Mercedes salesmen.  The car will last for ever so it's better if people don't know how old it is.  We have a 2.5 Vigo and it certainly is not underpowered.  6 years 131,000 k and apart from tyres at 95k all we have done is wiper blades, brake pads, two headlight bulbs and a fan belt.

For me an Isuzu or another Toyota are all I would buy.  All sorts of rumours and stories about all the rest.  And I have had bad luck with Mitsubishi.

I have a 2.5G spec Vigo now  I got it  so cheap I couldnt say no "really" and its been great but  dull and old style  now, the dealer has been pretty  good also in Pranburi, the new Revo just doesnt inspire me at all except i know Id  get the same service I get now and it would probably be reliable and  Toyota dealers everywhere but Toyota  pick ups seem 10 a penny.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, willr said:

Looks like you answered your own question,looks like the Triton is it.

Check out the new triton athlete.

Plus mitsubishi has some good deals going,

5 year free service,

5 year warranty.

And also insurance.

24 house road side assist plus good service.

I don't think you can go wrong.

I bought a a new pajero last year,

And a limited edition Triton, couldn't be happier.

Triton lacks in many things at the moment one being a 6  speed  auto, also Nissan just bought something like 45% of the stock so now control it and maybe as they have the Navara they wont do an update on the Triton which is overdue.

20 hours ago, ericthai said:

Same I bought the Colorado in 2009 never had any issues. 

Thanks for that am looking for reliability  issues overall.

21 hours ago, Issanman said:

I have the blue Colorado High Country Storm 4x4.  It has about 12K km on it now. No problems at all. Love the truck.

But the Chevrolet dealership is certainly not as good as the Toyota dealership was, in my past experience.

stormweber.jpg.ebe9a6410d3a75bbb5fd6cd41f554984.jpg

Thanks thats  the sort of info im looking for, I fancy the exact same model in red, One thing that stood  out on the Colorado was the paint finish is way better than the others. Orange  peel was at a minimum whereas the Ford was freakin awful, Mazdas have been pretty grim as  well in fact all of the brands except the Chevvy were not so good  at all.

7 hours ago, mihalis said:

Tried the Ranger found it a  wallowy lump and didnt like the position of some of the controls mainly the ones in the centre  console  hidden behind the gear shifter also  looked like too many knobs  buttons compared to the quite tidy uncluttered  colorado. For a 3.2 engine it seemed a bit staid. It  looks  ok and its  off road capability  is better from what i read but i'm gonna be 95% On Road.

wished they  offered the 2.8 here in the New Colorado . its the  norm in Oz and even surrounding countries like Vietnam etc

57 minutes ago, kannot said:

I have a 2.5G spec Vigo now  I got it  so cheap I couldnt say no "really" and its been great but  dull and old style  now, the dealer has been pretty  good also in Pranburi, the new Revo just doesnt inspire me at all except i know Id  get the same service I get now and it would probably be reliable and  Toyota dealers everywhere but Toyota  pick ups seem 10 a penny.

Well by that benchmark,  the brother of the Colorado, the Isuzu Utility truck must be 20 a penny in Thailand.  Perhaps nearly 2 Isuzu to every Toyota I see and everything else way down.  There has to be a reason why those two are so popular against everything else.  I think we all know it, reliability.   If you want a Colarado, perhaps buy it as a low mileage second hand from a reputable place.  I believe the depreciation on them new is higher and faster than for Toyota & Isuzu.  If this is the case, then maybe let some other sucker take the hit first. --- Just a thought! 

However, as they are related to Isuzu, then they can't be bad at all.

52 minutes ago, kannot said:

Tried the Ranger found it a  wallowy lump and didnt like the position of some of the controls mainly the ones in the centre  console  hidden behind the gear shifter also  looked like too many knobs  buttons compared to the quite tidy uncluttered  colorado. For a 3.2 engine it seemed a bit staid. It  looks  ok and its  off road capability  is better from what i read but i'm gonna be 95% On Road.

wished they  offered the 2.8 here in the New Colorado . its the  norm in Oz and even surrounding countries like Vietnam etc

Well you would be the first person ever as the ranger gets rated best hadling ute all the time.. driven them all as well and it’s a great car.. I’m planing to buy the new ranger raptor,  Colorado does look the goods and a few mates have them here on oz, and love them.. each to their own !

Then we have the Towering inferno Ranger, I love this  guys reports, if  only Thailand had some real consumer law and got rid of the stupid defamation crap. Ford also copped a $10million  fine for the Powershit transmission as its  known

Is that the Powershift that's never been used in the Ranger?

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Archived