Chevy Colorado

kannot

Thats the nicname for Ranger, like TUNA for Fortuna, Hang Over for Range Rover

Yeah, I sold my last (to date) back in ‘99 when I bought a new GMC Sierra, that was a nice pickup.

Tata is building the Range Rover and the (I think) Jaguar now...how funny is that?

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

Hey, now that I think about it, I did have a Chevy C30 catch fire back in the mid ‘80s...

saved by yer asbestos underpants I imagine:shock1:

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

Hey, now that I think about it, I did have a Chevy C30 catch fire back in the mid ‘80s...

saved by yer asbestos underpants I imagine:shock1:

UPDATE had an e  mail off Chevrolet today and it was all a " misunderstanding"  apparently when the dealer told us they didnt know anything about  mobile servicing and then the Chevvy hotline confirmed there is none at Hua Hin etc.......well apparently  low and behold now there is.

Will get the Wife to call them tomorrow  to see if there really is.

Their e mail below .....Im guessing the dealer may have been "<deleted>*d"??

So the miscommunication was obviously "no" meaning "yes" ah good  thats  all cleared up now.

Refer to your inquiry about mobile service in Hua Hin, we would like to confirm you that we have a mobile service in Hua Hin available for you. Sorry for miscommunication previously.

Should be any further in formation you may need please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Customer Assistant Center
Chevrolet Sales (Thailand) Limited 1734.

Chevrolet would be near the top of my list too . Good to see they took the trouble to sort out your query. Many companies dont seem to bother. Think they are now top of my list.Their new models are fully loaded and very good value.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:01 PM, kannot said:

The point with powershit transmission was Fords  crappy service "in general" and their unwillingness to help owners with this problem, Im looking to buy a new  car and dont want this kind of crap with "whoever" I buy  from. Im well aware the Ranger has no powershift its about Fords lack of service.

Both points powershit and fire risk were Ford recalls one very expensive to fix if Ford give u the finger the other even more expensive if youre in the car when it goes up in flames thru Fords crap design where the dpf  filter catches grass and ignites.

Im not even sure Ford has actually provided a solution to the fire risk yet which however great  the Ranger may be off road when you go thru long grass ( hardly a massive challenge for this type of vehicle) this would be the last thing you'd  want.

Rangers do not have a DPF in LOS. 

Ford have recalled the Rangers with DPF's to reduce the potential for grass to collect near the DPF. 

Any Diesels with DPF's could be a fire risk in long grass.  

Toyota have problems with the DPF injectors on Hilux and Prado in Australia but so far have not recalled them.  Ford do not have a monopoly on design faults and poor response.   

• Thanks 1

I’ve been here 17 years, had 6 pickups and a Fortuner and except for two flat-tire, have never been stuck on the side of the road.

One tire was close to work, so I called our maintenance guy to change it.

Second time I was changing it myself and a nice guy stopped and helped.

5 hours ago, Jitar said:

Ford have recalled the Rangers with DPF's to reduce the potential for grass to collect near the DPF. 

Toyota have problems with the DPF injectors on Hilux and Prado in Australia but so far have not recalled them.  Ford do not have a monopoly on design faults and poor response.   

Well thats some good  news, now how  about the Colorado here does that have a  dpf in Thailand? In fact do any Thai market diesels have a  dpf, from what I read theyre a PIA

Edited by kannot

5 hours ago, Jitar said:

Dont recall seeing any others catching fire due to dpf  and long  grass though.?

9 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Chevrolet would be near the top of my list too . Good to see they took the trouble to sort out your query. Many companies dont seem to bother. Think they are now top of my list.Their new models are fully loaded and very good value.

Well that "sorting out"  took about 4  phone  calls, 8 pages of facebook comments as I commented on every page of Chevvys I could  find about it, and they post up loads of videos, then 4  emails to various Chevvy depts inc USA. and dont forget the actually calling in to see 3  different dealers, 2  who knew nothing about the service and one who did.

7 hours ago, kannot said:

Well thats some good  news, now how  about the Colorado here does that have a  dpf in Thailand? In fact do any Thai market diesels have a  dpf, from what I read theyre a PIA

There are a PIA, more so for some than others.  

AFAIK Thailand has not adopted the full version of Euro 5 that requires lower particulate emission level so DPF's are not required so pickups built for the Thai market do not have them as yet.   

22 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Yes. Comfy and spacious.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Think he means the 2+2 cabs where they sometimes but a  padded very small bench seat with no seatbelts etc

• Like 1

Think he means the 2+2 cabs where they sometimes but a  padded very small bench seat with no seatbelts etc
I don't think he knows what he means. Most of what he has posted is complete BS.

Sent from my R2-D2 droid using my C-3PO manservant

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 6:49 AM, Uncle95 said:

Bought a Chev Colorado High Country last year after looking at what the competitors had to offer. Very happy with it, 2.5 motor goes like a scalded cat, ride is smooth, lots of high tech functionality in cabin.

I too was concerned about servicing, wasn’t impressed by the service on offer at my local dealer so I bought in Khon Kaen and get the Chev serviced in Khon Kaen. Happy with service there.

have you got any oil consumption issues at all? ie  how  much, if  any, oil do you have to add between services or dont you check? 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:46 PM, Issanman said:

I have the blue Colorado High Country Storm 4x4.  It has about 12K km on it now. No problems at all. Love the truck.

But the Chevrolet dealership is certainly not as good as the Toyota dealership was, in my past experience.

stormweber.jpg.ebe9a6410d3a75bbb5fd6cd41f554984.jpg

Do you have any oil consumption issues at all or do you check levels  between services?

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Do you have any oil consumption issues at all or do you check levels  between services?

There is a service check at 5K, but it does not include changing the oil. Chevrolet wanted me to wait until 15K to do the first oil change. Mine only has 12K, but I made them change it already because I think that is way too long to wait for the first oil change. No oil consumption problems have been noticed. I only checked it once before the first change. Seemed fine.

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Is that an oil tank in the back?

I don’t think I’ve had to add oil between changes in any vehicle since the ‘80s...

its a new Thai hybrid system and that's a steam boiler :tongue:

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Is that an oil tank in the back?

I don’t think I’ve had to add oil between changes in any vehicle since the ‘80s...

That is a Weber Genesis gas grille in the back.