Chevy Colorado

kannot

13 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Toyota fit one to escape after the Moose Test.

AHAAAAAAAAAAA its  using  oil I can see it  all over everywhere!!

Cant decide so am gonna  buy a bicycle

?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a Chev Colorado High Country for almost 12 months, lovely machine, no problems.

I get it serviced in Khon Kaen, the dealership there on the ball, service is good. I go there, although I live in Chum Phae, about 1 hour away, because of that good service. Dealership in Chum Phae didn’t appear to have any service staff at the time I bought the pickup.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 8:27 PM, Uncle95 said:

I have had a Chev Colorado High Country for almost 12 months, lovely machine, no problems.

I get it serviced in Khon Kaen, the dealership there on the ball, service is good. I go there, although I live in Chum Phae, about 1 hour away, because of that good service. Dealership in Chum Phae didn’t appear to have any service staff at the time I bought the pickup.

Ive noticed after my many complaints to chevrolet they have updated the "mobile service" info on their site, making it almost worthless now, no more than 40k from their showroom, 800baht extra  charge and now state may not be available at some dealers..well at least they now tell the truth a s opposed to their old ad stating "anytime anywhere"

Next thing is the model year 2019 colorados have reverted to 10000km service intervals whereas model year 2018 and under were 15000 km intervals.

Are your service intervals 10 or 15000km for your High Country or every 9  moths as it used to be also 9  months or 15k km?

Quick investigation reveals Chevvy Thailand changed the service intervals on 2019 models to 10k kilometers in their own press  release, they used to used synthetic dexos2 5w-40 now  they use non synthetic 15w-40, they also claimed in their press release that  it would be cheaper for the consumer to service every 10k kilometers but in fact it aint. It WAS  about 26k baht for a  few years servicing on the 2018 model year now its up to over 27k for the same work with a cheaper oil....in other words  crapper  oil, higher service costs, more frequent service intervals, all info taken off their own website.

The Ranger with 15 k service intervals is  now  looking  more  appealing.

I think the bow-tie is good looking, but I think the Toyota, Isuzu, Ford & Mazda are good looking as well.

I don’t like the look of the mitsu.

Isuzu is a good bet. Good service everywhere and much cheaper than Toyota.
Isuzu are ok if you are Thai size, otherwise you soon have cramp in your left leg.

Skickat från min Mi A1 via Tapatalk

On 10/8/2018 at 10:46 PM, kannot said:

Quick investigation reveals Chevvy Thailand changed the service intervals on 2019 models to 10k kilometers in their own press  release, they used to used synthetic dexos2 5w-40 now  they use non synthetic 15w-40, they also claimed in their press release that  it would be cheaper for the consumer to service every 10k kilometers but in fact it aint. It WAS  about 26k baht for a  few years servicing on the 2018 model year now its up to over 27k for the same work with a cheaper oil....in other words  crapper  oil, higher service costs, more frequent service intervals, all info taken off their own website.

The Ranger with 15 k service intervals is  now  looking  more  appealing.

Slight  error in my checking duh, ok so they have used a mineral  oil blend ( not synthetic) for the MY2019 and because its cheaper the servicing overall is cheaper BUT more frequent at 10k km. I asked them by their facebook page. Ive now asked them if I use the  fully synthetic I can go back to the 15k service intervals??? should be able to as no change to the engine at all for 2019MY. Awaiting answer.

The  Ford Im really not sure about reliability issues with the Ranger and the new Biturbo engine + their customer service + orange peel paintwork.

Id  really like the 2.8 Chevrolet engine but they dont sell it here  now in the  facelifted model, it was  still available in the pre 2016  models  but not now available, 200hp and 500nm.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:36 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Isuzu is a Chevy size wise. GM rebadged stuff.

Big changes made in 2016 by Chevvy the Isuzu is really quite and old truck now needs  serious update.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:27 PM, Uncle95 said:

Hi ,

Just got to ask , when you bought your Chev were you on your own ( you can speak Thai ?)  or accompanied by your Thai partner who translates ?

I went to a Chev dealer yesterday and gave up as I have limited Thai speaking skills and the sales rep had zero English skills , similar experience at a Nissan showroom .

Also the car spec is always in Thai along with the credit agreement and owners manual .  Am I missing something or is this the way things are here ?

2 hours ago, superal said:

Hi ,

Just got to ask , when you bought your Chev were you on your own ( you can speak Thai ?)  or accompanied by your Thai partner who translates ?

I went to a Chev dealer yesterday and gave up as I have limited Thai speaking skills and the sales rep had zero English skills , similar experience at a Nissan showroom .

Also the car spec is always in Thai along with the credit agreement and owners manual .  Am I missing something or is this the way things are here ?

You have to be lucky..When I bought my Toyota they phoned the Chinese boss  to come and talk to me as he spoke perfect English..Just bought a s/h car, a salesman was an ex English teacher, was lucky...

Went to buy a new Honda HRV couple of years back, walked into showroom  asked for top model in Red ( i think it was).........reply "no have" Ok i said how about "blue"....no have ......."grey".....no have, said  to the the Wife wouldnt it be easier if he told me what colour he could actually  get..... then he said white ok.............wasnt ecstatic about it but said ok............... top spec???? ......................no hab, walked out, walked into Nissan bought her a Juke with crapp paint and got  it cut and polished.

99% of the problems at car showrooms is the Dealer, another Honda dealer I use in BKK is very good.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:40 PM, Issanman said:

There is a service check at 5K, but it does not include changing the oil. Chevrolet wanted me to wait until 15K to do the first oil change. Mine only has 12K, but I made them change it already because I think that is way too long to wait for the first oil change. No oil consumption problems have been noticed. I only checked it once before the first change. Seemed fine.

Sorry hadnt  spotted your  reply so 15k then, now reduced to 10 for no reasons....wonder if theyve yet asked you to join there new "service program" this reduces intervals to 10000km

7 hours ago, kannot said:

Sorry hadnt  spotted your  reply so 15k then, now reduced to 10 for no reasons....wonder if theyve yet asked you to join there new "service program" this reduces intervals to 10000km

I've not received any information about that, but I've moved house twice since I bought the truck, so maybe they sent it, but I didn't get it.

Hi ,
Normally it is like that. I use the homepages to study first. If the Thai homepage only is in Thai language I try with the Malaysian or Singapore one.
Like Prayut say, Thai language is a world wide language [emoji23]

Skickat från min Mi A1 via Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Issanman said:

I've not received any information about that, but I've moved house twice since I bought the truck, so maybe they sent it, but I didn't get it.

Thanks, It seems theyve only introduced this for 2018 ( they call 2019 Model Years) no reason given by them except the new oil is " better" which I cant see. All intervals for Trailblaser with same engine still 15k.

I dont think theyll force this on you but will maybe suggest later you switch to their " new  better" service program............which in my opinion isnt better at all for the consumer.

Have you had any issues with  the pick up at all? have you found the   automatic window dropping when opening closing sometimes doesnt?

58 minutes ago, kannot said:

Have you had any issues with  the pick up at all? have you found the   automatic window dropping when opening closing sometimes doesn't?

Yes, that window thing has happened only a few times, but it goes away very soon after it happens.

I would disable that feature, if I knew how. 

That's really the only issue I've had.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seems there is a minor  update to Colorado due  on November 21st as I contacted  a high up person in Chevrolet, he also said he could  offer me a discount of 90k off  a new Storm model which is some discount thru the  GM employee scheme, guess they are desperate to shift cars but hey thats fine by me.

Tempted but will wait a while.

Its  still my overall favourite after my disappointment with the new Rangers lack of grunt..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Starting to see the Colorado in the US more and more.

I do think they’re good looking.

Too bad the diesel Colorados start at about $42K US over there.  ????

And the US styling does not look as nice as the Thai Colorado.

2018-Chevrolet-Colorado-in-Blue-driving-alongside-lake-or-river_o.jpg.a18907e91b68a8687cd49c2e9fb645d7.jpg

34.jpg.f8c41fc14dc2440418029a08cbd5cc65.jpg

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

I still say bang-go-buck total cost of ownership it’s tough to beat the Isuzu.

Probably correct esp for service centre availability but I think  the Colordao  looks  the best physically with Ranger second,  Mitsu is now  last for that fugly face they gave it???? but it  offers a lot. 

The 90k discount is also a good incentive off the Colorado, The American model has the  squared off wheel arches, its ok but Thai one looks  better although i do like the flatter front nose of the American one............better for  bashing pedestrians out of the way!!

The new update may include this type of grill..............which aint so pwetty 

46156381_310207983147845_254049772279693312_n.jpg

Edited by kannot