Are you a Loser?

bwpage3

The only thing i ever lost in Thailand was my hair, 30 years ago i had

head full of lucouse hair, now, not so much...

as for being a loser in love and marriage, hindsight are always 20/20,

people like to believe and trust other people until they get hit over the

head, part of life and even bigger part of living in Thailand, some learn

some not... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think a big part of the problem is that relative well educated people who come to Thailand with lots of not so well educated people think they can handle this easily because they are so much smarter.

And many people assume too much. They think i.e. that there is fair law enforcements, etc. But that is not the case, at least not always. So people lose a lot and become losers.

With some of them it's almost funny to see them lose because they asked for it. But there are also decent people who made some wrong moves and then lose everything.

Apart from that I think it would be interesting to ask the people you call losers if they think themselves they are losers. I.e. maybe someone was in a unhappy sexless marriage somewhere in the west. And then he moved to Thailand and was happy for some time and then lost everything. I am sure many of those guys would do it again even knowing the outcome - because that was still better than the alternative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

... the whole catastrophe has been orchestrated by the wife and her family

But let's not forget that the farang married into that family. And they wouldn't be able to i.e. get all his money if he wouldn't have made some serious miscalculations and/or mistakes.

It like blaming hookers why they talk money from their customers. If the customers want to give it to them you can't really blame them for taking it.

(I know not all Thai wives are hookers and lots of hookers are nice people but the principle is still the same)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But let's not forget that the farang married into that family. And they wouldn't be able to i.e. get all his money if he wouldn't have made some serious miscalculations and/or mistakes.

Often the narrative is soooo  different from the wives before the marriage.

If a Thai lady marries a Thai it wouldn't be expected for him to hand over everything to her family until there's nothing left. With the farang it's different; they expect to get his money; all of it. It's when they can't get their hands on the goodies, that trouble often starts.

Farang should understand that greed drives this country; from top to bottom. Not always appreciated by farang in their early days here. I've learnt the hard way; as have thousands of others.

For further reading I suggest 'Poison brother-in-law' by Rc2702, 2017. Heart-rendering, sad and funny but at the same time enlightening and informative.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

Women are the same all over the world.  The only difference is the price ranges.  You can impress with less here for sure but if you don't follow through it's not gonna work out regardless of how much money there is.  A woman needs maintenance which some men find tedious, again, recipe for disaster.  Some of them are batshit nuts also.  I have been with the same girl since I got here and we had a few issues but saw the interior of each other through it all and settled into a good rhythm and have been smooth sailing for years now.  I don't expect that to change but she is a person not a pet and free to go whenever she wants.  I will be disappointed to say the least.  Then I am going to bone the brains out of her sister. Hey..life goes on.

• Haha 1

The real losers are the children that are born from these relationships, the Thai women hoping for more prosperous lives with what they believe at first are men who will financially care for them and the deadbeat Farlangs that run for the hills once they realise there are commitments involved and can`t live up to the Thai woman`s expectations of them.

what a stupid topic from an arrogant man, there are no losers in life, it is a learning process, some take longer than others, some are unfortunate enough to be dealt a bad hand and yet like Prof. Hawkins rise above it, some, like Trump, cannot rise above themselves, it isn't even his fault his mental make up won't allow it. Stop thinking you are in control, what happens happens because it can be no other way. Think about why you started this post.