100% Whole Wheat Bread

st11x

Hi,

Can one find such breads here aside from baking it yourself? I have seen whole wheat breads at Rim Ping, but if you looked closer, it's at most 35%, the rest could be sugar, and other flour. 

I have even been to a specialty bakery once but they said "whole wheat is whole wheat, no such thing as percentage". That bread was good, but it sure wasn't whole wheat. 

thanks

Matt

Try those places who import from Europe or America.

There is one supermarket at the basement inside Central Festival that have imported European food.

Thailand doesn't have the weather to produce their own wheat, they produce rice and not wheat.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Try those places who import from Europe or America.

There is one supermarket at the basement inside Central Festival that have imported European food.

Thailand doesn't have the weather to produce their own wheat, they produce rice and not wheat.

Rubbish. Thailand produces wheat. 

All the 100% whole wheat bread i've made was heavy,  dense and took a long time to rise and bake. Most folks don't want that kind of bread and bakers cannot spend the time and money to make bread few folks want.

I like the 'whole wheat' products made by 'B 2 Oven', out in San Sai, sold at the HomePro RimPing.  I think their bagels the best in CM.  No, they are not 100% but maybe 50% ww.

How about brown rice?  Millions of tons grown  in T'land yearly but nearly all the folks go for the white stuff. 

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them. Guess what I am looking for probably can't be found here.

Not all 100% whole wheat breads are dense bricks, for example, this one from Trader Joe's in the States.

thanks

Matt

3 minutes ago, st11x said:

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them. Guess what I am looking for probably can't be found here.

Not all 100% whole wheat breads are dense bricks, for example, this one from Trader Joe's in the States.

thanks

Matt

If you bother to read the link you posted you will find that that bread is not 100% whole wheat.   It is not even called that, it is called whole grain fiber bread and contains grains other than wheat.

So it appears that you do not know what you are looking for or at least are unable to describe it.

There's a bakery in a cul-de-sac on Lamphun Road about 150 metres before the Motor Registration Office ( going past the Holiday Inn towards Lamphun ) in Nong Hoi. Not cheap at 120 baht/loaf, but very good whole grain bread and sourdough breads. Usually sold out before lunchtime.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

If you bother to read the link you posted you will find that that bread is not 100% whole wheat.   It is not even called that, it is called whole grain fiber bread and contains grains other than wheat.

So it appears that you do not know what you are looking for or at least are unable to describe it.

Sorry I used the wrong example then, there are others like this one from Nature's Own that I like. Either is fine for me.

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's a bakery in a cul-de-sac on Lamphun Road about 150 metres before the Motor Registration Office ( going past the Holiday Inn towards Lamphun ) in Nong Hoi. Not cheap at 120 baht/loaf, but very good whole grain bread and sourdough breads. Usually sold out before lunchtime.

120 THB / loaf is a little much, but the bakery is close to me and I'll definitely check it out.

thanks

Matt

3 hours ago, st11x said:

the bakery is close to me and I'll definitely check it out.

Not so easy to find, and a very small shop --- here are the coordinates: N18 46 03.72 E99 00 21.6 (Copy and paste into Google Earth/Maps).
They open at 12:00, and often the whole wheat bread is sold out at 01:00.
Closed on Sunday and Monday.
Best bread in town for my taste.
And try their vegan cheeses made from almond milk! Mild but tasty, even though I'm not a vegan.

7 hours ago, rebo said:

Not so easy to find, and a very small shop --- here are the coordinates: N18 46 03.72 E99 00 21.6 (Copy and paste into Google Earth/Maps).
And try their vegan cheeses made from almond milk! Mild but tasty, even though I'm not a vegan.

Thanks for the coordinates. Looks like they are behind that bright yellow cosmetics store, good landmark to help me find it.

Thanks

Matt

10 hours ago, rebo said:

It looks like it's near Holiday Inn, I'll go there and try out the next time I go to the income tax return dept there.

Is it called Hugbakery? There seems to be more than one bakery.

Edited by EricTh

18 hours ago, st11x said:

thanks

Matt

As Dante points out......you do not understand what goes into things they call 100% !   All these ads should

be read as 100 % BS  for the gullible consumers.    Same as Malee  "100% grape juice " and many many other products.   Get a very good pair of glasses and read the percentages carefully...if you can find them.

here are the ingredients for your Joes bread.......sorry, they do not list the percentages   :sleep:

NGREDIENTS

whole wheat flour, water, oat fiber, brown sugar, wheat gluten, honey, yeast, soybean oil, rolled oats, cracked wheat, salt, organic corn grits, ascorbic acid, enzymes, cultured wheat (for added freshness), distilled vinegar.

my last 2 posts not directed at the OP  !   There was a time I even thought i was being "healthy" drinking

those high fructose juices.......just so much mis-information in the business of selling stuff !  foods are

no exception.    Everyone should do your research .   

FYI:   the mrs. bakes her own whole wheat bread...about 30 % whole wheat flour.  More than that and

the bread is too hard and also breaks apart when cutting.