We're not bad people we are saving tourist lives, Samui jetski operators say

webfact

We're not bad people we are saving tourist lives, Samui jetski operators say

2pm.jpg

video screenshot

Jetski operators in Koh Samui are fed up with being painted as villans plaguing the nation's beaches.

Following a series of rescues of tourists potentially drowning on the island's famed Chaweng Beach the operators hope their public service will reach the ears of the authorities.

A video showing a rescue of several people being washed out to sea by heavy waves was posted to Facebook by Boykk Jaipeam then a further rescue of a thankful young Russia woman was featured on the media site Sanook.

The Facebook post said: "But for us jetski guys there would be many more dead. People shouldn't just bang on about us being bad guys. We help people in trouble - many people every year.

"Please share our story - hopefully it will reach the ears of the big people.

"We get nothing for doing this. We do it out of the kindness of our hearts because every life has value".

Sanook's story showed Russian lady Alla Khanee being pulled from the waves by a jetski guy and recovering from her ordeal on the sands.

Sanook said that there had been 5 or 6 rescues over the last couple of days as high waves and shifting sands made the sea dangerous.

Despite warning signs people were still going into the sea. They said that jetski operators on the beach were warning people not to go swimming out of their depth and to obey the warnings.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-12

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would be afraid if one of them came out to rescue me. Probably get hit in the head with the  jetski  Rescue's in big waves can be very dangerous.One mistake the guy in the water can be injured.or killed

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

In fairness, there's probably a lot of them that are good guys, providing a great tourist experience with no scams.  I don't pretend to know the percentages, but all we read about are the bad apples. It's a shame they can't police their own ranks without fear of retribution from the bad ones and their patrons in power.

Where there are large amounts of money to be made and with poor official oversight, self policing is at a great disadvantage.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Okay! All is forgiven big hugs all around

From now on we should consider it an honour to be scammed by such pillars of society

They only save gold card holders of the appropriate bank they have access to

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Sir help me i’am sinking pls...

Yes no problem i can bring u to the safe sandy beach but how much u pay? ??

Sir, please help me I'm drowning.....have you got a credit card? Oh..here is it....Aeeh, and the PIN? It's 2453. Okay, bye bye, was good to see you. :sad:

8 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I would be afraid if one of them came out to rescue me. Probably get hit in the head with the  jetski  Rescue's in big waves can be very dangerous.One mistake the guy in the water can be injured.or killed

Or have to pay for the  strange damage to the  jetsky?

Southern Chaweng beach is infamous for being dangerous; every year some drown there in though weather, not being aware of the currents, and not always respect eventually red flags (when there are any). Good job by the JetSki operators...:smile:

On 4/11/2018 at 11:34 PM, impulse said:

In fairness, there's probably a lot of them that are good guys, providing a great tourist experience with no scams.  I don't pretend to know the percentages, but all we read about are the bad apples. It's a shame they can't police their own ranks without fear of retribution from the bad ones and their patrons in power.

When I used to walk the beach of Patong, I never saw one of these "good guys". Know what I saw?

- Guys filling the jetski's with petrol spilling it in the water  or on the beach

- Guys smoking cigarettes and tossing the butts.

- Guys smoking  dope or drinking

- Guys threatening and intimidating suckers

- Guys playing the  gullible stupid foreign girls who  wanted one of these bad boys

- Guys who are considered scum by respectable Thais.

37 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

When I used to walk the beach of Patong, I never saw one of these "good guys". Know what I saw?

- Guys filling the jetski's with petrol spilling it in the water  or on the beach

- Guys playing the  gullible stupid foreign girls who  wanted one of these bad boys

yep , remind me of bikey gangs taking toys to sick kids in hospitals .

They do save lives, no doubt about that.  However, if they are trying to suggest this makes up for their years of thug like behavior and scamming of tourists then they need to think again.

They are the makers of their bad reputation.  Whilst i say this i am aware not all are bad.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, geriatrickid said:

This is a Samui forum. I'm not really aware of a beach named Patong on Samui, where is it?

I find your posts ill informed and that you post crap, not just a bit, a lot of crap, and you do it lots of times.

• Haha 1