British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

Yes it is stupid. 

But one (including me) may think that marrying a girl half your age in a foreign country and expecting it to be because of your charm is also stupid 

Sometimes the age difference for Thai ladies is to much He was 51 and she was 29. She was very pretty lady. I have a wife who is 53 and i am 61 I like my odds better  We get on very well after so many years and i am happy

A foreigner with jealousy and insecurity issues, I have seen far too many here in Thailand. Too many of these sad stories, no thought of the children's future. Just blind rage. My heart goes out to the many victims of this senseless  slaughter.

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If you're married to a attractive person 22 years younger than you, paranoia is going to be pretty much a constant.

Maybe she was cheating, maybe she wasn't. Still, no reason to kill her.

My wife is 23 years younger than me , we have been married over 20 years and together even longer , I have never once been paranoid about her ,why should i ,if you marry for the right reasons and love each other ,is that not enough?

• Like 2

Mrs Todlad told me this story last night and their version involves beer ... lots of beer. I don't see any mention of that here.

Doesn't change the death or the murderous nature of it but it adds another dimension if it's true.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Are you actually saying that having spent money on his wife somehow gives him the right to beat her to death when things don't go exactly how he wants them to  ....... just asking ?

No, that's not what it says. 

16 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Looking at her Facebook page they have three young chldren. 

The children will suffer because of this animal and I dont care if he is Thai, Brit or Martian....he must pay...not that it helps the poor kids.

16 hours ago, robblok said:

...and how many will comment on kicking someone who is down. I

I hope this guy rots in jail for what he has done.

Surely she coudn't defend herself, from the picture above , he was much stronger than her ; kicking a woman who is down, I coudn't do it , even if I am very angry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If you're married to a attractive person 22 years younger than you, paranoia is going to be pretty much a constant.

Wow, I am glad my attractive wife is only 20 years younger than I. Or I would have consumed myself in paranoia for the last 40 years.

17 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't find it high violence at al for a foreigner, we are capable of the same violence as Thais.. kicking a girl in the head.. strangling her. I think foreigners should be reminded that wherever you come from there will be always scum like this and should stop judging Thais based on their scum. Just like I don't hold the Brits responsible for this scum or the Dutch for the pedo guy. 

I often watch documentaries, and believe me whatever country you choose there are always animals like this. 

Really you think that this is a normal occurrence for a westerner? You must have grown up in a rough spot. I never said it was beyond the scope of westerners to be so violent, but the occurrence of it is low, per capita, especially in domestic violence. I suggest that people stomping other people to death is more frequent here. In fact I don't think if I have ever heard of a westerner stomping a spouse to death except in this instance. 

So this is not a common feature of his native culture but it is a  common feature of his new surroundings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

she refused to have sex with him so obviously there was something wrong he was thinking he is having an affair because she is younger and his ego would be so he stamps on her and strangles her ????  he deserves putting in front of the firing squad , this animal cant take it when the table is turned and his ego is challanged verdict firing squad or lock him up and throw away the key !!

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Not accusing this woman of cheating, but hypothetically, if she was cheating and her husband discovered she was cheating, these guys can become emotionally enraged whereas anger overpowers any logical thought.

This is why many countries used to regard these as; crimes of passion. A crime of passion (French: crime passionnel), in popular usage, refers to a violent crime, especially homicide, in which the perpetrator commits the act against someone because of sudden strong impulse such as sudden rage rather than as a premeditated crime.

Having been a victim of a cheating wife myself, I can understand how emotions in such cases can run high, although whereas I could master self control, many cannot and lose it in such circumstances.

The victim was from Ubon Ratchathani and she must have had many friends there. That doesn't mean that she was cheating. Maybe she wasn't dead when he left her on the street? It doesn't make any sense. 

• Confused 1

what a sicko, a brain loosely fitting in his <deleted>; killing and throwing the body out like garbage.
who will take care of the three children and pull them through education?

may she RIP, and have a strong Family.

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

depends on the sort of personality one has, if your a insecure no confidence sure. my lady is 30 years younger than me.

we dont live together and she lives 2 hours from me very pretty lady good body and sexy, if she decides to cheat on me good for her i hope she enjoys herself. im not going to get all grazy over it, ill just find someone else.

Well you’re not gonna know if she does anyway are you. 

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Really you think that this is a normal occurrence for a westerner? You must have grown up in a rough spot. I never said it was beyond the scope of westerners to be so violent, but the occurrence of it is low, per capita, especially in domestic violence. I suggest that people stomping other people to death is more frequent here. In fact I don't think if I have ever heard of a westerner stomping a spouse to death except in this instance. 

So this is not a common feature of his native culture but it is a  common feature of his new surroundings.

I don't think its common, you seem to think its common among Thais.. given that there are far less foreigners in Thais this counts like 30 times in the news. Maybe that puts it back in perspective for you. I don't know what made you so bitter you used to be different.

I read about stuff that foreigners did in the UK that is far worse, not to mention stuff done in the USA. Canada I have no clue as I don't see many documentaries from that country. Just look at crimes that shook Britain for instance and for an american view on things the first 48.  I think you will get back then accepting that scum like this lives everywhere. 

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

Some people seem to think he should get what he deserves and more, why more ?

Surely what he deserves is enough ?

It's a good job he had no drugs or he would really be in trouble. 5 to 10 years max.

Just for the simple reason so that he or anyone else would be deterred in doing something like that in the future. Sure, it will be impossible to stop murders 100% - but stringent deterrents would help IMHO. No one has a right to take another's life, whatever the reason, and it cannot be justified in any way.

Just my 2 cents...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KKr said:

what a sicko, a brain loosely fitting in his dcik-head; killing and throwing the body out like garbage.
who will take care of the three children and pull them through education?

may she RIP, and have a strong Family.

reading an update in the BP. It seems there's a chance in his drunken mess he didn't know she was dead and put a blanket over her thinking she would wake up in the morning then crashed out in the house.

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

reading an update in the BP. It seems there's a chance in his drunken mess he didn't know she was dead and put a blanket over her thinking she would wake up in the morning then crashed out in the house.

he hired a lawyer then.... ?

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Did you expect him to confess.... come one nobody Thai / farang confesses without looking for an excuse. 

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

That's quite likely, he obviously was out of his mind, not just cruel, but quite stupid.

Of course being drunk cannot be an excuse for hitting someone, let alone killing.

I am somehow understanding of young people doing terrible mistakes, but this guy is 50 i think, too bad.

Wish the children can have a normal life with a decent family.

16 hours ago, robblok said:

You obviously feel secure in your relation, that is the way it should be. I don't get it why people stay in relations they are not happy in. Life is too short as it is.

Most normal people would not kill someone over cheating, I would not lay a hand on my GF if she cheated. It would probably mean the end of the relationship.. but no drama or anything.. just ending it and that is it. No need for vengeance.

Life isn't too short it is literally the longest thing any person will ever do. If you waste it or look back with regret I guess it may seem short.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

there was no mention of it so have no idea, he's gonna bloody need one though

my irony got missed, I was referring to the "I was drunk so it was not my fault" type argument from that other paper.

And I hope he gets the worst ever lawyer in the country.

Edited by KKr