Man jumps to death after goodbye message on FB

webfact

Man jumps to death after goodbye message on FB

By The Nation

gma.jpg

FILE photo//Google maps

A man posted a goodbye message on his Facebook wall and jumped to his death from the top floor of a 14-storey condominium building in Nonthaburi province on Tuesday night.

The Pak Kret Police Station was alerted at 10.30pm that Khamman Sattabutr, 29, had fallen from the T4 Building of Muang Thong Thani Condominium on Chaeng Wattana Road.

Police said Khamman was not a resident of the building but lived in a rented room in an apartment building on Chaeng Wattana-Pak Kret Soi 35.

Police said Khamman went up the 14th floor of the building, climbed into the balcony and jumped down.

His wife, Arpakorn Suwanamphai, 29, said her husband had posted a message on his Facebook wall earlier in the night, telling her to hold a funeral service for him at Wat Phasuk Maneechak.

The wife said she had had no quarrels with Khamman and he had not complained about any issue.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343387

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-18

Twenty-nine, now that is tragic. Sixty-nine or seventy-nine, maybe I can understand. But twenty-nine? You've got at least one, maybe two or three, or even four more lives to live yet. Nil Desperandum, as they say. Life often turns around in a most unexpected way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

i could think of much better ways of ending things other than jumping off a building. thats must take some balls. RIP

Way better and way, way quicker than hanging which is so much in favour!!!!!!!  Think about it. 

It is the possible motives for a 29 y.o. guy to suicide that upsets me.  All his life ahead of him.  Plenty of time time to change most things wrong with his life and start again.  What happened to hope, optimism and the will to live of young people? Poor sad guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Way better and way, way quicker than hanging which is so much in favour!!!!!!!  Think about it. 

It is the possible motives for a 29 y.o. guy to suicide that upsets me.  All his life ahead of him.  Plenty of time time to change most things wrong with his life and start again.  What happened to hope, optimism and the will to live of young people? Poor sad guy.

Looks like too many people here don't seem to respect life. Not their own, not that of others.

That's why they're driving their cars and bikes the way they do.

My wives brother and her ex husband commited suicide too young, both of them.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, maximillian said:

Looks like too many people here don't seem to respect life. Not their own, not that of others.

That's why they're driving their cars and bikes the way they do.

My wives brother and her ex husband commited suicide too young, both of them.

Thailand is no 46 in the top 100 countries for suicide so that somewhat knocks your opinion way out of the park

Usa is no 48. NZ and france joint 54

Japan, finland and belgium way ahead of thaoland.

People seem to attribute all manner of ills etc on this country nased on little more than what side of the bed they woke up in.

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Thailand is no 46 in the top 100 countries for suicide so that somewhat knocks your opinion way out of the park

People seem to attribute all manner of ills etc on this country nased on little more than what side of the bed they woke up in.

Lack of research is common on here. Then they resort to using sad icons. Suicide is a terrible thing and one hopes the families that deal with it have coping mechanisms in place.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

thought about it NAH, pills and alcohol or exhaust fumes from a car. 

ive herd so many people over the years think that all life revolves around Thailand/Pattaya and some would rather die than go back to the real world pot less with their tail between their legs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Mental struggling over years, economic problems, and so on. 

And jumping from a tall building is a mess and traumatic for those who witness, and for those to pick up the remains. Why not just put a hose in the window of the car from the exhoust, and just sleep in, painless, and give you a chance to abort, if you suddenly find out there is more to live for. We had a talk from a rescue operator who told us this when we had emergency crisis training, and he was tired of car accidents, and other messy suicides. Painless and effective and makes our job much easier! 

Again, it is easy to say when people struggle with demons inside their head, and pain is great. After experienced several suicides I can say there is in most cases coming as a surprise who will commit to suicide, and not easy to prevent.

Edited by Hummin

me being a realist i said to my sister if i ever had an incurable illness it would be the old exhaust pipe and the car, she was horrified, she said you go black,  (not a racist pun) ok i said who cares i would not

10 hours ago, catman20 said:

thought about it NAH, pills and alcohol or exhaust fumes from a car. 

ive herd so many people over the years think that all life revolves around Thailand/Pattaya and some would rather die than go back to the real world pot less with their tail between their legs. 

I have depression too.   Actually I have thought about it lots.    Jumping is quick, almost foolproof and all that some people think they have available.  It is very messy & inconsiderate.    I was only saying that hanging has to be one of the the worst ........but along with jumping most popular here.  Other baddies would be some self administered poisons.   When I catch myself thinking about it,  I go back on the pills.  I doubt now, that I will ever do it, by any means, after all these years.   Again:  Poor guy!!  

This guy was Thai but the really sad Farangs are the ones who have lost it all here and have not enough money to renew a long stay, have nothing and no-one at all, not even sympathetic family, to go "home" to, and who fear imminent Thai overstay prison & deportation to an unwelcoming "home"!!!!!!!!!.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

I have depression too.   Actually I have thought about it lots.    Jumping is quick, almost foolproof and all that some people think they have available.  It is very messy & inconsiderate.    I was only saying that hanging has to be one of the the worst ........but along with jumping most popular here.  Other baddies would be some self administered poisons.   When I catch myself thinking about it,  I go back on the pills.  I doubt now, that I will ever do it, by any means, after all these years.

After 30 years it should get easier I hope.

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

Mental struggling over years, economic problems, and so on. 

And jumping from a tall building is a mess and traumatic for those who witness, and for those to pick up the remains. Why not just put a hose in the window of the car from the exhoust, and just sleep in, painless, and give you a chance to abort, if you suddenly find out there is more to live for. We had a talk from a rescue operator who told us this when we had emergency crisis training, and he was tired of car accidents, and other messy suicides. Painless and effective and makes our job much easier! 

Again, it is easy to say when people struggle with demons inside their head, and pain is great. After experienced several suicides I can say there is in most cases coming as a surprise who will commit to suicide, and not easy to prevent.

I have worked as an ambulance assistant.   Have seen a lot of nasty stuff.  Once during a really bad time in my own life I had it all worked out using C.O. in my car and garage.  Largely out of possible opportunity to abort and also out of consideration for others.    Glad I didn't do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Justfine said:

After 30 years it should get easier I hope.

Yes.  If you can self observe and recognise what is happening it does.  Many friends however just do not understand what goes on in our minds and why we cant "just get a grip and man-up!!!!  when we are going through a bad patch.   They should be grateful that they do not know, first hand!!!!  It is not fun.

I like to think I understand that part of myself now and would never do it just as part of my usual depression cycle.    Like anyone else, a painful terminal condition or guilt over some huge wrong-doing and all bets are off for nearly everyone.

Edited by The Deerhunter

20 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

And people say that New Zealand is a very depressed place, psychologically and medically speaking.  And probably NOT just because the PM is pregnant, unmarried and going on maternity leave.  (Read that somewhere today.

Edited by The Deerhunter

11 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes.  If you can self observe and recognise what is happening it does.  Many friends however just do not understand what goes on in our minds and why we cant "just get a grip and man-up!!!!  when we are going through a bad patch.   They should be grateful that they do not know, first hand!!!!  It is not fun.

I like to think I understand that part of myself now and would never do it just as part of my usual depression cycle.    Like anyone else, a painful terminal condition or guilt over some huge wrong-doing and all bets are off for nearly everyone.

I think people who get depression (some of them) have unrealistic high expectations in life and are perfectionists. 

So being depressed is in some ways a reflection of having high standards and not something to be ashamed of.

Understanding that and life's ordinariness is an adjustment process. It's ok to be ordinary.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

And people say that New Zealand is a very depressed place, psychologically and medically speaking.  And probably NOT just because the PM is pregnant, unmarried and going on maternity leave.

Extreme heat or cold definately affects mood.

28 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I think people who get depression (some of them) have unrealistic high expectations in life and are perfectionists. 

So being depressed is in some ways a reflection of having high standards and not something to be ashamed of.

Understanding that and life's ordinariness is an adjustment process. It's ok to be ordinary.

Depression is an illness, not just because you have high standards! Other have diagnoses as bipolar, PTS, and other mixed diagnoses. With stress and tention the different diagnoses gives to a person, it is also often they have other chronicle issues, and the worst drug problems as drinking problems. All this resoults very often in economic problems, and also loosing contact with family and friends back home, since we are talking about suicides in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Depression is an illness, not just because you have high standards! Other have diagnoses as bipolar, PTS, and other mixed diagnoses. With stress and tention the different diagnoses gives to a person, it is also often they have other chronicle issues, and the worst drug problems as drinking problems. All this resoults very often in economic problems, and also loosing contact with family and friends back home, since we are talking about suicides in Thailand. 

What causes this illness? There is no virus. Successful non drinkers get depressed.

Lots of poor people are happy.

Posts containing content which was copy and pasted from another site have been removed as they were in violation of fair use policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.