Is this the worst ‘farang breakfast’ in all of Thailand?

webfact

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

The story goes that Ian McCully who shared the photos, asked for a veggie breakfast and you can only imagine his horror and disappointment when this turned up at his table.

On the plate were two eggs that looked like they had been cooking for days, alongside some sliced tomatoes.

As a veggie, eggs aren't part of my diet...

6 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I think I now understand why a shark often takes a bite and spits the person out.

They probably would hate the taste of vegetarians.  Not enough fat & oil like in seals penguins & young albatrosses.  Even us meat eaters are not palatable to sharks or there would never be a body to bury or a survivor to treat.   It is almost always taste and spit.

<deleted> him I say fairly got what he deserved. Vegetarian cooked breakfast? Jog on sport. Obviously the eggs been sitting there a bit probably deliberately to make his photo seem more "shocking" I've seen many Thais cook eggs this way in a wok and splashing oil over the top. A simple mai sook would have got him a better result. Whiny git this is the problem with social media <deleted> want to cry about everything. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

What about baked potatoes, two eggs, sunnyside up and some cheese? 

Fried potatoes with egg and chesse.jpg

Are eggs veggie? Any veggies out there can tell me why Linda McCartney burgers were made to taste of beef?

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Are eggs veggie? Any veggies out there can tell me why Linda McCartney burgers were made to taste of beef?

Because they are weird and to be avoided at all costs. Thats vegos and Linda burgers! Eggs depend on the brand of veggo. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Just give it a swanky name.."the raft of the Medusa" comes to mind..

A typical brekkie order could be..

2.Spat out sharks..

1 raft..

3 Whingeing Poms..

and an Aussie chunder.

Not sure about a 'chunder' but they can bawl like a slapped baby for sure!

• Haha 2

I think they did their best to be helpful and gave him what he wanted.  There is no such thing as a western vegetarian breakfast. Ludicrous request. Regarding the egg: better well done than phlegmy and undercooked.

Actually in the UK vegetarian sausages, bacon and rather bizarrely black pudding are all available, so a cooked breakfast with no meat is perfectly feasible.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app