Why do farangs come to Thailand if they dislike Thais and "Thainess?"

joeyg

Because those Thai companies working farangs in Thailand are losers who might not get a decent job in their own countries, or probably naive young men who hate life style back home and aren't as good for western women.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

i am pleased that you brought up the spending, yes i like so many other long term thai residents are now spending our money in neighboring countries and these neighboring countries cambodia laos vietnam all send their whole hearted appreciation to the thai junta for the continuing ongoing massive support that is being bestowed upon them by the ever generous thais. hallelujah brother!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yep, it ain't paradise.

But neither is your home country, and neither are some other third country options, assuming you can qualify for their visas. (I've researched and considered all of them that I could possibly be able to live in, and I'm still here.)

If you place a high value on loving the culture and you don't love the culture, then Thailand would be out.

But there are always other factors. There are always pros and cons. Everyone has their own personal priorities and contingencies.

So Thailand indeed may be the "best of all possible worlds" for many, and a disastrous tragic choice for others. 

As far as adjusting and adaptations, don't discount the power of FILTERING OUT unpleasantness and aggressive avoidance of conflict. That could save your life living here. 

Yep,  life for everyone depends on how well they "adjust and adapt".   Sometimes adjusting is just up and leaving !   I don't want to start another post...but am curious to hear from people just where they have lived that they loved the culture ? !   For me it certainly wasn't my home country.   For those that think that if they were RICH they would choose somewhere else,  well.....maybe ,  but many rich and famous don't seem that happy to me  .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Puwa said:

But doesn't Thailand deserve, at the very least, a bit of gratitude for providing the improbable locale for his epic inner battle?

Why of course. Not many countries offer such purebred nemesis.

Let's be honest, Thailand is failed, and so is the rest of the world.

Same, but different.

I feel so lucky to go back to home country soon, and even more lucky that i'll be back in few months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wang Lalker said:

yeah its got so bad that even the Thais are leaving so why are you stupid farang still there?

Most thais (girls) leaving Thailand, miss home, and it is only one thing making them go abroad, and it is moeney, and safety for future. But I guess if you asked them, the majority would like to live in Thailand. 

Im a lucky bastard, I can choose almost any country in the world to live in. They do not have that privelege. Not even Thaksin have that. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Most thais (girls) leaving Thailand, miss home, and it is only one thing making them go abroad, and it is moeney, and safety for future. But I guess if you asked them, the majority would like to live in Thailand. 

Im a lucky bastard, I can choose almost any country in the world to live in. They do not have that privelege. Most people in the world have not, Not even Thaksin. 

anybody know the definition of THAINESS and what it was to represent .wasn't it a few yrs.ago it was supposed to mean everything good about Thailand.and its people

so what about the past few months.

willing to kill for a bag of drugs.

willing to murder anyone who beeps their horn on their car.

willing to murder any member of their family.

willing to rape children including their own.

willing to kill and rob.

willing to kill during road rage.

lie and cheat.

scam.

those who are willing to let someone die,so as not to pull over and let an ambulance through.

then we have all those willing to drink and get drunk and kill their family and innocent drivers.

forgive me if I have missed anything.