Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Oh ,get real the N word is offensive, being called by what gender I fell you are , is not offensive (unless you desperately WANT to get offended and feel like a poor little victim).

It's the same discrimination. Born into a skin colour or sexuality and then others determining what to call you.

I don't think dark skin, gay or transgender people WANT to be offended., they are offended.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AWillOz said:

You gotta leave your Western leftist crap behind you when you step into Thailand. His ID card will identify him as Male. They don't identify with the West's rubbish of "lets all pretend they are what they want to be" BS. This is right, and also why they don't have the confusion problems that the west has, no matter what year it is!

It's not "western leftist crap" It is realizing that  in the animal kingdom including humans sexuality isn't cut and dried.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

It's the same discrimination. Born into a skin colour or sexuality and then others determining what to call you.

I don't think dark skin, gay or transgender people WANT to be offended., they are offended.

In the English language, everything has a name .

You either have a penis or a vagina and you will have a certain shade of skin colour and in the English language, everything has a name .

Male, Female, Black, White , Brown or Yellow

You may be upset how you were born, but getting upset, doesnt change the reality

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think people are getting overly hung up on the LB part of this. Yes, it might have been a factor in what led to this if he was surprised, but that's it. 

Why does every thread involving a LB have to lead to a grand new discussion about people's general feelings about them (often hatred) and also what pronouns to use? That's been done hundreds of times here. It's too much.

This is a SPECIFIC case of a mysterious death. That seems to me what the focus should be about. 

So don't respond to those posts, then!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think people are getting overly hung up on the LB part of this. Yes, it might have been a factor in what led to this if he was surprised, but that's it. . 

That is a HUGE factor though and it may very well have been the factor that caused this death

• Like 1

That is a HUGE factor though and it may very well have been the factor that caused this death

I doubt very much there was any surprise that “she” was actually “he”.

I don’t think that ladyboys generally try to trick men into thinking they are actually women, particularly it they are headed back to the ladyboy’s home.

How does that surprise turn out well for anyone?

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Entering the woman's showers whilst explaining that one feels like a female in a man's body  - would make for a very interesting test case.:smile:

This has already happened. Trans women (men who identify as women but retain their male genitalia) using designated women-only spaces such as locker-rooms and public toilets is one of the big issues of legislating for transgender equality.

4 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Biology and science are not irrelevant.  It is not a "dubious assumption" that people may have a difference in their brains that don't match their genitalia.

People don't choose to be gay or trans gendered, inter sexed any more than they choose to be born with leukemia or MS. <deleted> happens they don't "choose" it.

There seems to be some confusion and contradiction among the transgender community about the relevance of biology and science. Some transgender activists insist a male baby can be born with a brain with female characteristics, or vice versa. Others are equally insistent that gender is not innate but entirely a social construct.

When it comes to a choice, individuals afflicted by gender dysphoria (GD) clearly do not choose to be transgender. But this traditional diagnosis of transgenderism is being ditched in places like the UK in favour of individual self-identification requiring no medical confirmation. In effect, this means anyone who wishes to do so can change their gender at any time for any reason - and insist on having their choice respected.

Intersex individuals are not transgender, and whether all gays are born that way is debatable. There is, as far as I am aware, no convincing evidence for a :"gay brain" -  and at least one famous gay, Milo Yianoppoulos, is on record as saying he chose to be gay.

Edited by Krataiboy

51 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

There seems to be some confusion and contradiction among the transgender community about the relevance of biology and science. Some transgender activists insist a male baby can be born with a brain with female characteristics, or vice versa. Others are equally insistent that gender is not innate but entirely a social construct.

When it comes to a choice, individuals afflicted by gender dysphoria (GD) clearly do not choose to be transgender. But this traditional diagnosis of transgenderism is being ditched in places like the UK in favour of individual self-identification requiring no medical confirmation. In effect, this means anyone who wishes to do so can change their gender at any time for any reason - and insist on having their choice respected.

Intersex individuals are not transgender, and whether all gays are born that way is debatable. There is, as far as I am aware, no convincing evidence for a :"gay brain" -  and at least one famous gay, Milo Yianoppoulos, is on record as saying he chose to be gay.

Milo does not represent gay people. He's a notorious self-admitted TROLL.

Also, sexual orientation and gender identification are NOT the same thing. The vast majority of gay people identify as their birth gender.

As far as the science of the possible biological etiology of homosexuality, research is ongoing and far from conclusive. Too big a subject for a mysterious death case I think! 

Edited by Jingthing

15 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Tragic story again, but why call the witness a "Ladyboy".....What is the relevance and why use a Derogatory Term?

I'm not sure about the use of that specific term being especially derogatory but I think it is relevant in matter of fact reporting in the case of a mysterious death to mention the gender of the last person they were with. Ladyboy generally indicates gender presentation to the public. So it wouldn't be complete reporting to say that person was a man or woman. 

A terribly sad story to read about. God knows what the poor parents are going through right now.

The young guy has just reached 21 with his life ahead of himself, not tragically cut short.

So sorry for his family and for the loss of a loved one. RIP.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Here's my take on the lady boy deal here in Thailand. First of all I don't have a dog in the hunt nor a problem with the whole transgender deal. Be it genetic or whatever I really have no clue why but one thing I am absolutely sure about is if a man has his penis and balls cut off and thrown in the trash he is all in about becoming a she. More power to her, cant be more committed than that! As for many of the lady boys in Pattaya I think it could be less commitment to become full on transgender and more about economics. Just looking for a way to make a living that's easier than traditional Thai males with little education. For sure lady boys, both the entertainers and the sex workers, put much more effort into attaining a more marketable product than the average bar girl. In many cases it pays better to be a lady boy in Thailand rather than being a farm worker or delivering 50 pound bags of ice all day. What does this have to do with the jumper? Maybe nothing, he just fell over the rail. But more likely he freaked out and would have been better served doing what he came to Thailand for in the first place and that is taking a walk on the wild side and enjoying the entertainment and entertainers Highland provides.

"In many cases it pays better to be a lady boy in Thailand rather than being a farm worker or delivering 50 pound bags of ice all day. "

Like your sentiment, but have to disagree ......Yaba transportation is extremely lucrative or so I am led to believe?

2 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

"In many cases it pays better to be a lady boy in Thailand rather than being a farm worker or delivering 50 pound bags of ice all day. "

Like your sentiment, but have to disagree ......Yaba transportation is extremely lucrative or so I am led to believe?

I didn't get to the part about what LB's do during the day, you beat me to it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Biology and science are not irrelevant.  It is not a "dubious assumption" that people may have a difference in their brains that don't match their genitalia.

People don't choose to be gay or trans gendered, inter sexed any more than they choose to be born with leukemia or MS. <deleted> happens they don't "choose" it.

My thoughts exactly. its a disease and should be treated as such.

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not sure about the use of that specific term being especially derogatory but I think it is relevant in matter of fact reporting in the case of a mysterious death to mention the gender of the last person they were with. Ladyboy generally indicates gender presentation to the public. So it wouldn't be complete reporting to say that person was a man or woman. 

I understand and agree with your comment.

However, I know many "Ladyboys" and have some as friends.

Like every "Gender" there are good, bad and "in between".

It just seems to me that Farangs see the word "Ladyboy" in any story and assume that the

"Transgender" must be the guilty party?

Also there are obviously a lot of Racists, Sexists Bigots and Liars on this forum.

If you go down "Beach Road" in Lamai after 2:00pm when the "Lady Bars" close you will see 20 plus

Transgenders. Ladyboys, Katooeys, whatever you want to call them plying their trade over much less

than a mile.

I cannot stand the Hypocrisy of "Ladyboy Haters" who then go for a "Short Time" or a BJ, but would never admit to it,

There are loads of these "LB's" or whatever you want to call them out every night.

If they weren't getting any custom why would they be there?

Edited by Mario666

Just now, Mario666 said:

It just seems to me that Farangs see the word "Ladyboy" in any story and assume that the Transgender must be the guilty party?

Yes, there is a lot of prejudice for sure.

But I still think in a news story, the gender presentation of a key person in the item is fair game and relevant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Jingthing 

Even though there are governments, action groups and many people around the world trying to educate people that there are many types of sexual orientation- and we are just all the same really- there is still work to do.

I am a totally open gay man on this forum - and have over the years had some pretty unpleasant comments ( TV is very good at deleting them) .

The typical alpha male seems unable to cope and for some reason seems threatened by the fact there are many who not quite fit in the wonderful normal straight existence.

Even though lady boys are quite mainstream , some are sex workers . So many posts seem to think the young guy thought he had picked up a woman. Maybe he wanted to spend the evening with a ladyboy. 

Straight men - usually with wives etc go out to find a lady boy - not gay men .

This is an accident - low balconies-  yes they do exist here - the usual scenario is going outside for a cigarette sitting on the railings . It’s so engrained in Europe you must go outside for a smoke .

Thai Visa sometimes reaches new lows- not much sympathy for this very young guy- just the usual bile .   

Im Sorry but we are not "Just all the same" as you put it, and thank god for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mario666 said:

It just seems to me that Farangs see the word "Ladyboy" in any story and assume that the Transgender must be the guilty party?

Whilst presumptious, it would invariably be correct.

I was also informed that they control the prisons.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm 6' 1" and I've never seen a balcony railing in Bangkok that was at waist height on me, they are always at least up to my stomach.  

I'd love to see photographic evidence of all these super low railings people keep claiming to see.

I've stayed in scores of places with balconies during 20 years visiting Thailand. About 1 in 10 are so low I wouldn't get near the railing, and others I always held with two hands and was thankful I was sober. I'm 5'10.

30 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Whilst presumptious, it would invariably be correct.

I was also informed that they control the prisons.

Like i said......

"Also there are obviously a lot of Racists, Sexists Bigots and Liars on this forum.

If you go down "Beach Road" in Lamai after 2:00pm when the "Lady Bars" close you will see 20 plus

Transgenders. Ladyboys, Katooeys, whatever you want to call them plying their trade over much less

than a mile.

I cannot stand the Hypocrisy of "Ladyboy Haters" who then go for a "Short Time" or a BJ, but would never admit to it."

Have you ever been with a Transgender either for social or sexual intercourse?

Can't wait for your answer xxxxx:smile:

Edited by Mario666
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Like i said......

"Also there are obviously a lot of Racists, Sexists Bigots and Liars on this forum.

than a mile.

I cannot stand the Hypocrisy of "Ladyboy Haters" who then go for a "Short Time" or a BJ, but would never admit to it."

No.

Personally, I would expunge them.

Nothing wrong in hating ladyboys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

No.

Personally, I would expunge them.

Nothing wrong in hating ladyboys.

I said: " Also there are obviously a lot of Racists, Sexists Bigots and Liars on this forum. "

I rest my case!

Have  you ever had sex of any kind with anyone apart from self pleasure....Wink. Wink?:smile:

Goodnight  you "Winker" :smile: xxx

Edited by Mario666
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Like i said......

than a mile.

In todays society as soon as you dislike or do not agree with this or that sort of person You are labeled a biggot or à rascist, what is this world coming to. who are these people who tell us who we must accept or like. 

I hâte the hypocracy of these people who have nothing against homosexuality but if there child was homo they Would be destroyed the same people that are pro refugees but let them sleep in the street rather than bringing them into the comfortable of there own homes.

to like/dislike, hate or love someone is all about prefence and preference is human there is nothing wrong with hating someone or à comunity for what they do as long as you do Not physically harm them. 

liberalism is a cancer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1