What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Get ready kiddies, first 5 episodes of GOT leaked onto the net already, my Sunday will be lost

5 ? i only found four !!!

Correct. There is an episode 0 ("a day in the life", i.e. behind the scenes) which could be confused as a normal part of the show. But we should not be too hard on Bartender. It was still a good catch. smile.png

Get ready kiddies, first 5 episodes of GOT leaked onto the net already, my Sunday will be lost

5 ? i only found four !!!

Correct. There is an episode 0 ("a day in the life", i.e. behind the scenes) which could be confused as a normal part of the show. But we should not be too hard on Bartender. It was still a good catch. smile.png

OH yes thanks i saw that ,but have seen it before ,thumbsup.gif

Finished watching:

"Breaking the Magicians code" on youtube.

Currently watching:

"Penn & Teller: Fool Us". A second season is supposed to air in early 2015.

"Chapelle's Show" . I finally found a download with both seasons after searching for over a year.

after seeing it had a decent rotten tomatoe score and a decent imdb score Unfortunately I watched keanu Reeves latest 'john wick ':annoyed: which

about summed up all thats f--cked up with Hollywood film.

I have to agree on John Wick. It did not start out too bad, but got stupider and stupider. I shut it off half way through.

Why are so many people flaming this? I had a blast of a time watching "John Wick", it featured the best Gun-kata scenes since "Equilibrium" and had a whopping 76 kill count. Who cares about the "you done killed ma puppy!" story? It's the action choreography that really sucked me in.

the reason we're criticizing it,, is cos we dont think it's any good. You do,.that's up to you.rolleyes.gif

I would also like to add the this ongoing secret about Keanu Reeves not aging still remains. He doesn't look a year older from 1994's "Speed". crono_Keanu+Reeves.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone watch The Slap? American remake of Aussie show, quite a decent cast, Zachery Quinto, Uma Thurman, Peter Sarsgaard. Family member slaps another person's kid at family get together and all the ensuring drama and repercussions that follow it

Not too bad. It's a one-off, self-contained series of 8 episodes

Veep is also back, good sit-com

Been enjoying Last Man on Earth too

I like Veep!

• Like 2

GoT it! smile.png

But if I watch them now back to back, I will have to wait for 6 weeks to continue. Perhaps, that is a bigger torture than having them in front of me but watching each episode only on Sundays???? I really don't know what to do...blink.png

Yep

I made the mistake of watching the first 4 episodes in one sitting.have to wait a long while now.

Only another leaked review copy can save me now

• Like 2

GoT it! smile.png

But if I watch them now back to back, I will have to wait for 6 weeks to continue. Perhaps, that is a bigger torture than having them in front of me but watching each episode only on Sundays???? I really don't know what to do...blink.png

Yep

I made the mistake of watching the first 4 episodes in one sitting.have to wait a long while now.

Only another leaked review copy can save me now

managed to hold myself bac one episode ! which i'll watch next week ish :P

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

cowboy.gifJcowboy.gif U cowboy.gifS cowboy.gifT cowboy.gifI cowboy.gif F cowboy.gifIcowboy.gifE cowboy.gif D cowboy.gif , RIP you'll be sorely missed 'we dug coal together',,,, 4 ME down in the truly fuzing all time

great lines!!!!!!! considering the timing and context.mfr_closed1.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

watched the itv 'code of a killer ' appreciating the tremendous diference that dna testing made to criminal investigations overall I got the feel i was watching just another everyday english crime drama it failed to explore important strands of the story/drama

. imo some v good support acting stopped it falling into a sticky blandness.

Edited by rijit

Tv series - Bron/Broen AKA The Bridge

I'm three quarters of the way through season 1 (10 episodes) and I've got to
say it's fantastic. Plenty of twists and turns, suspense etc.
It has subs for those interested.

IMDB: When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border,
Danish inspector Martin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have to share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/?ref_=nv_sr_2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FcxzlXbKs

• Like 1

Tv series - Bron/Broen AKA The Bridge

I'm three quarters of the way through season 1 (10 episodes) and I've got to

say it's fantastic. Plenty of twists and turns, suspense etc.

It has subs for those interested.

IMDB: When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border,

Danish inspector Martin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have to share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/?ref_=nv_sr_2

without wanting to spoil it for anyone but i found, ultimatly the basics of its plot didnt quite work and for me ruined it. Couldnt help but think it was slightly riding on the succes of recent scandinavian productions. But per chance it did take me to discovering the american version, 'the bridge' which didnt have the attractive austire almost art housey feel the bron had. but it imo did quite interestingly explore and contrast the american/mexican border relationship as well as being backed up by some excellent acting performances

The Bridge - i prefered the American Mexican version.

The Slap - i prefered the Australian version

Secrets and lies - i prefered the Australian Version

I am still trying to decifer Banshee, do i like it or do i not? I am half way through Season 2. And i still like it. sort of. And the main man the "Sheriff" is a New Zealand actor.

And i am still loving Greys Anatomy after ten years!!! And my Firemen, and Bones etc. and the sexy guy from Criminal Minds. And all of the CSIs and NCIS.

Istn't life good!! When you are peering at a laptop screen..

Justified...

Sad to see this series go, even though there was little they could do to sustain the quality over time. Timothy Olyphant was outstanding as Raylan Givens, but Walton Goggins took his bad outlaw character Boyd Crowder into Never To Be Forgotten Badasses Land. The writers fed him some great lines, and he always made the most of whatever scene he was in.

So many great characters came along in the course of the series...Margo Martindale and her crazy Bennett family in Season Two. Little Loretta McReady, teenage weed entepreneur; Sam Elliott and Mary Steenburgen in Season Six, Little Dewey Crowe, Bobby the Deputy, All of Raylan's fellow deputies, Ava Crowder (yum!); the gangsters from Detroit, and the Impolite Canadians; and of course, Jere Burns as the very weird Wynn Duffy. And many others along the way. This show was a great vehicle for actors to really shine.

The spirit of Elmore Leonard hovered over this show for all six great seasons. Although Elmore has left the planet, he left behind many great novels that could be spun into future outstanding movies or series. Just finished one today, called Pagan Babies.

The Season and Series Finale was 100% perfect...We dug coal together! Season Six was the best ever.

ALL TIME TEN, with Fire in the Hole!

clever f-- ckers the bods that made justified, left plenty of 'room' for

spin off series boyd released and preaching :) re united with his son back in harlen county anyone?

• Like 1

Boyd Crowder's Future...

There could very well be a Return of Boyd Crowder series. The possibility seems to have been at least suggested. However, Walton Goggins is going to be in about six as-yet-unreleased movies and TV shows (per IMDB), and seems to be on the edge of super-stardom. He reminds me very much of the young Jack Nicholson.

American Odyssey... If you're not watching it, get on it! One for the conspiracy nut in all of us..

yep,good shout after watching the 1 st episode 2 me ATM ,it has the makings of a 'must watch'.thumbsup.gif

TV documentary - Antarctica: A Year on Ice

Recently watched this one and thought it was fantastic.

IMDB: A visually stunning chronicle of what it is like to live in Antarctica for a full year, including winters isolated from
the rest of the world, and enduring months of darkness in the coldest place on Earth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2361700/?ref_=nv_sr_5

[media][/media]

The third season of Orphan Black has just started and for you Brits a new series of W1A, the spoof comedy show , starts thursday for 4 episodes.enjoy

yep caught the first episode of orphan black it was ok, the charecterisations work well but imo, it just tries to hard , it seems its sort of really trying to be super super smart so much so its in danger of disapearing up its own arse. makes it borderline for me between 2 much like hard work and pleasurable. still thats just me and my humble:rolleyes: oh and good to see mad men getting right bac to double fab.

Edited by rijit

Tv Series - Les témoins AKA Witnesses

This is a 6 part French series which was recently shown on SBS in Australia.

Just finished episode 3 and am finding it really enjoyable.

IMDB: Set in a small coastal village in France, this is a quiet thriller of crime and dark secrets. The opening sequence takes place in a house just put out for sale. In it, the discovery of what appears to be the dead family in the house, implicates the former chief-of-police to the plot. The now-retired chief-of-police, having made a lot of enemies in his past career, is recovering from a car crash in which his wife was killed and he himself barely survived.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4322508/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 2