What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 31/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, evadgib said:

After you watch IPS you might like to read up on the bloke in real life, particularly his last few days.

In Plain Sight was another brilliant television series. Out of the two Rillington place and IPS, I would say the John Christie character was more interesting to watch. The Peter Manuel chap was just a psycho madman but Christie was quiet and cunning. No, the BBC won this contest, Rillington Place was just magical. In a horrifying way, serial killers are of course the scum of the earth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

In Plain Sight was another brilliant television series. Out of the two Rillington place and IPS, I would say the John Christie character was more interesting to watch. The Peter Manuel chap was just a psycho madman but Christie was quiet and cunning. No, the BBC won this contest, Rillington Place was just magical. In a horrifying way, serial killers are of course the scum of the earth.

A psycho madman that managed to elude the police for years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Surprised no one has mentioned The Young Pope yet…..was the best series of the year for me.

Have shied away from it, because quite honestly, I wasn't up for any religious claptrap, but after reading the reviews I'm prepared to give it a try. Season 1 download in progress.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, giddyup said:

Have shied away from it, because quite honestly, I wasn't up for any religious claptrap, but after reading the reviews I'm prepared to give it a try. Season 1 download in progress.

its anything but religious claptrap….if the catholic church did fatwas, the director would be no 1 on their list right now. As well as jude law.

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

its anything but religious claptrap….if the catholic church did fatwas, the director would be no 1 on their list right now. As well as jude law.

So I gathered after reading the reviews. Note to self: Never judge a series, movie or book by the title.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, BookMan said:

Estocolmo, an Argentenian Netflix series, now available full season with hardcoded subs from Sno

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6102418/

An undercover agent, a prosecutor, and a journalist try to bring down a human trafficking ring, but nothing is as straightforward as it seems.

A pretty good start to this one BookMan.

Couldn't find a trailer with subs.

• Like 2

Tv Series - Ransom

This one just didn't do it for me.
Didn't make it through the first 15 minutes episode.

IMDB: Ransom is inspired by the professional experiences of crisis negotiator Laurent Combalbert who with his partner,
Marwan Mery, are among the top negotiators in the world.

• Like 1

American Honey

I should have known better than to invest any time or attention to any film starring Shy-a LaBeef, one of the very worst of the overrated young actors today. This picture is mentioned in nearly every noted film critics' "Ten Best Films of 2016."  Why? WHY?

I can't imagine what must have been said to obtain financing for this utter mess. Two and a half hours worth of vulgar nothingness, featuring endless scenes inside a van of lowlife castoff kids uttering nonsense, singing along with bad "music", hanging out at bad motels, drinking, toking, etc.

I can't believe there was any sort of a script for this, except perhaps in some scenes featuring the principal characters. It all added up, for me as a possible

THREE, being generous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

13th 2016

I thought the Criminal Justice system in the USA was bad, but after watching this ...

5% of the worlds population,  25% of the worlds population incarcerated.

Big Business.

Is the actual program called 13th 2016?

Edited by giddyup

5 hours ago, Frank James said:

American Honey

I should have known better than to invest any time or attention to any film starring Shy-a LaBeef, one of the very worst of the overrated young actors today. This picture is mentioned in nearly every noted film critics' "Ten Best Films of 2016."  Why? WHY?

I can't imagine what must have been said to obtain financing for this utter mess. Two and a half hours worth of vulgar nothingness, featuring endless scenes inside a van of lowlife castoff kids uttering nonsense, singing along with bad "music", hanging out at bad motels, drinking, toking, etc.

I can't believe there was any sort of a script for this, except perhaps in some scenes featuring the principal characters. It all added up, for me as a possible

THREE, being generous.

I can't remember you ever giving a three FrankJ.

I fast forwarded the movie and didnt bother with the end.

Three decent crime shows started this week.

Murder Calls: Base line reenactments of people being murdered while being on the phone with 911 services.

Murder Chose Me: Homicide detective, Rod Demery, races against the clock to catch criminals running loose on the streets of Shreveport, Louisiana.

The Detectives Club: New Orleans: features a group of retired detectives from New Orleans and the surrounding communities who meet regularly, taking viewers inside their most difficult, high-profile, and emotional murder cases from the 1990s through the 2000s.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Frank James said:

American Honey

THREE, being generous.

agree. i cant help feeling there was a good film here but what they made was just boring and seemingly pointless - i ended up fast forwarding through it, something i very very rarely do. i dont understand the critical adulation it received.

• Like 2