What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Well as I got older I thought I would get boring, but I never did....Sadly you did.......[emoji23]

Just downloaded are you being served,the wife thinks its great,by the way i knew Molly,met her a few times ,once in her dressing room at the BBC, sorry just being flash.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Boring is hanging on to the past. Watched a couple of episodes of Steptoe out of interest a while back, it wasn't funny in the slightest, in fact it was quite pathetic. Humour changes, very little vintage comedy  has stood the test of time, perhaps Laurel and Hardy and The Three Stooges.

My gawd Mr G......will you cheer up!!

:laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

My gawd Mr G......will you cheer up!!

:laugh:

Oh, I'm cheerful enough. Just don't get this preoccupation with 1950-1960 British comedy,. If you took the "pussy" jokes out of Are You Being Served, what have you got?

Edited by giddyup

10 hours ago, giddyup said:

Classics, along with Groucho Marx. I do prefer something a bit more contemporary though, Trains Planes etc, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Throw Momma from the Train, Something about Mary, and for series you can't go past Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Trailer Park Boys remind me of the Three Stooges - in a much more modern setting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Oh, I'm cheerful enough. Just don't get this preoccupation with 1950-1960 British comedy,. If you took the "pussy" jokes out of Are You Being Served, what have you got?

That old warhorse Mrs Slocome - haa..., I always laugh when I hear just her name !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

If you like blunt, black and close to the bone humour check out the Aussie TV series "Rake"....., great Aussie 'straight up' dialogue and funny as all get out. I purchased the boxed set of DVD's so I can watch all 4 series again !

Want to give it a try, but hard to find the Aussie series to download. A few episodes from series 4 available on PB but that's about all.

1 minute ago, DILLIGAD said:

I got them ok & (I think) off PB.
Good show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are there, but no seeds or leechers, which means they will never download.

• Like 1

They are there, but no seeds or leechers, which means they will never download.

OK. I must have got my timing right, for a change.
Maybe try some of the many streaming sites might help?????

Hidden Kisses (2017)

Nathan, 16, lives alone with his father Stephane. A newcomer in high school, he is invited to a party and falls in love with Louis, a boy in his class. They find themselves out of sight and kiss each other, but someone takes a picture of them. Soon, the photo is published on Facebook and a storm overtakes their lives as they face bullying and rejection.

tmp_6642-nllMZkh5wi5ho3P4j9zdxmdsyut1486328497.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

American Gods (Starz), and The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) have started.

I love Brockmire (IFC), Hank Azaria is pretty amazing, but this may be a bit too 'American' for everyone?

I liked Bryan Cranston's stop-motion series on Crackle, "Super Mansion", but that too is a bit 'unique'.

SAS Who Dares Wins
Season 2 (2016)

Five ex-Special Forces soldiers recreate the SAS's secret selection process and put 30 men through it, in the ultimate test of their physical and - more importantly - psychological resilience. This time in the jungle.
sas_who_dares_wins.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

On 4/30/2017 at 6:04 AM, Sandy Freckle said:

If you like blunt, black and close to the bone humour check out the Aussie TV series "Rake"....., great Aussie 'straight up' dialogue and funny as all get out. I purchased the boxed set of DVD's so I can watch all 4 series again !

ExtraT has most of season 4 (with min 5 seeds and 3 leeches) if you are looking for torrents.

Specto TV has all 4 seasons streaming.

Capture86.JPG

Capture87.JPG

• Like 2

SAS Who Dares Wins
Season 2 (2016)

Five ex-Special Forces soldiers recreate the SAS's secret selection process and put 30 men through it, in the ultimate test of their physical and - more importantly - psychological resilience. This time in the jungle.
sas_who_dares_wins.jpg.ad250a439d13be6f9a75f7f95859d472.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg.8ea3be574b51086f60e92dd2abfa55b8.jpg

There's a season 3 coming out in November.

Now that season 4 has finished it's time to binge watch "Line of Duty." I downloaded and watched Season 3, just to remind myself how good it was.

Also enjoying current season of "The Blacklist."

23 hours ago, newatthis said:

Now that season 4 has finished it's time to binge watch "Line of Duty." I downloaded and watched Season 3, just to remind myself how good it was.

Well-orchestrated ending to Season 4. Will look forward to watching again in 2019. Might check out The Blacklist.

Homeland Series 6 then Black sails series 4 then catch up on a back log of lines of duty - for comedy - fresh of the boat -modern family and coupling..........then on to Series One Versailles.................I travel with an 11 inch screen samsung tablet for when I'm not at my condo............. You got any suggestions?

Also enjoying current season of "The Blacklist."

Season 4 is well upto par.
Have you tried....
Broadchurch
Prime Suspect 1973
The Fall
Happy Valley

All great U.K. Crime drama's.

• Like 1