What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Movie - Hounds of Love

Enjoyed this new Oz movie.
Set in my neck of the woods in Western Australia.
Some comparasions have been made with the serial killers David and Catherine Birnie.

IMDB: A cold-blooded predatory couple while cruising the streets in search of their next victim, will stumble upon a 17-year-old high school girl,
who will be sedated, abducted and chained in the strangers' guest room.

Better Call Saul

I love BCS, love the characters. I can understand why people may not like it or think that it's slow.

Started watching 'Luther' British crime series. Not bad but I'm not really gripped on the acting. Doesn't quite match up to 'Line of Duty' but worth a look. Dates back to 2010 for the first season.
  • Like 1

After five eps American Gods on STARZ ( 8 eps this season, another four seasons at 8 eps each possibly ) is pretty amazing.

I read the book (longer version, author's preferred text) but you don't have to, to enjoy it.

The cast is impressive: Gillian Anderson (as Media) playing Lucy Ricardo, Marilyn Monroe and David Bowie (Life on Mars) was crazy.

The episode 5 cold open was amazing.

• Like 1

Documentary - Hooligan Sparrow

Thought this was an excellent doco.

IMDB: State surveillance. Harassment. Imprisonment. Human rights activist Ye Haiyan, AKA Sparrow, knew she faced these risks when she went to Hainan Province to seek justice for six elementary school girls who were sexually abused by their principal. But the scale and intensity of the government's reaction surprised even the most seasoned activists across China. 'The Road from Hainan' follows Sparrow as she was chased from town to town by local governments, national secret police, and even her own neighbours.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - Hooligan Sparrow

Thought this was an excellent doco.

IMDB: State surveillance. Harassment. Imprisonment. Human rights activist Ye Haiyan, AKA Sparrow, knew she faced these risks when she went to Hainan Province to seek justice for six elementary school girls who were sexually abused by their principal. But the scale and intensity of the government's reaction surprised even the most seasoned activists across China. 'The Road from Hainan' follows Sparrow as she was chased from town to town by local governments, national secret police, and even her own neighbours.

Some surreal documentaries coming out of China. Try also "Interviews Before Execution"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Trainspotting 2

975ed74055ca7d518dd1a6a8aea03b81.jpg

?????????????????????????????????????

See it advertised on iTunes I wanna watch it but I'll wait for a flight to enjoy that rather than trying to watch 1st one again and then this. Price might come down a touch if I wait too. I remember the 1st one very well but the Mrs will wanna see it first if I attempt to watch t2 and T1 whilst very good had some horrid scenes. Dead baby etc.

Tv Series - Broken

Another bleak and powerful drama by Jimmy McGovern.

Episode 1, of 6, was excellent.

IMDB: Father Michael, a Catholic priest presiding over a Northern urban parish who is Modern, maverick, and reassuringly flawed; must be confidante, counsellor and confessor to a congregation struggling to reconcile its beliefs with the challenges of daily life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

12 episodes of House of Cards Season 5 is now available.

Get your copy before it is sold out, well guess that doesn't apply anymore in our digital world. Good swarm from all over the world.

That's from 2013 isn't it? My mistake, that's when the series started. The downloads say 2013 that's why I was confused.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

I watched the movie Drone last night.

Interesting use of imagery... especially if you have had some personal experience living and working with Muslims.

Third party Review:

After 15 minutes I noticed how well the filmmaker uses imagery

27 May 2017 | by michaeljtrubic (Canada) 

Here are a couple of examples and they require an attentive mind to spot them. I see a man who wouldn't hurt a fly. To me I see not a gentleness but strong religious beliefs. 

Another good example is of a man slowly and carefully washing himself using a pail of water. What I see here is ritual.

A third example, the most persuasive in the opening act, is watching that recently cleansed man walking out into the daylight, coldly and calmly past his still quivering victim along a waterway choked with floating garbage. 

This is a movie that makes the viewer read between the lines.

You have to study the context and emotion, not a dialog heavy movie you can listen to in the background and accomplish other tasks.

• Like 1

The Chillenden murders is a two part cold case review by ex plods of the 1996 Russell murders for which Michael Stone is currently serving a whole life tarrif.

Concludes next Tue on the beeb.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/chillenden-murders-happened-bbc-reexamining-michael-stones-guilt/

Everything is in the public domain therefore no spoilers are in the link.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1