What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

56 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

'Six' isn't bad. Story about the lives of a Special Forces team of 6. Seen 3 episodes and all good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting to download this as a box set, it looks good viewing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flustered said:

Dark Matter was so slow that I lost interest after the second one.As in many of these budget production series, they just slow it down and spread out a simple plot.

It's not very good. Yet spaceships, space warps, VR, androids, alternative universes, memory downloads, ray guns, and a hot, kickass Asian Canadian fem in the lead can go far to provide the needed fix to a SF fan.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i gave it my best shot ,but after 4 episodes ,house of cards has just lost its way ,sorry but you have been deleted .couple of days and Poldark starts as does the last series of orphan Black . they will be in the usual place 

I think that the problem with a lot of these series is that they do not come up to scratch vs the originals.

I have just finished transferring all of my BBC VHS tapes to portable HDD and that includes Poldark, House of Cards, Onedin Line, Survivors etc.

IMO they are head and shoulders above the remakes. It will give us something to watch during the burning season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

American Ultra is on now....

It's worth watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Definitely one for Americans.

I find the humour is too much in your face rather than subtle. There are some good American comedy series (Big Bang Theory) but although they start well, they always revert to slapstick or in your face humour after the first few seasons.

Same for films although I did like the Fockers films as that was dry and subtle humour.

• Like 1

Definitely one for Americans.

I find the humour is too much in your face rather than subtle. There are some good American comedy series (Big Bang Theory) but although they start well, they always revert to slapstick or in your face humour after the first few seasons.

Same for films although I did like the Fockers films as that was dry and subtle humour.

Indeed

On 6/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, JSixpack said:

It's not very good. Yet spaceships, space warps, VR, androids, alternative universes, memory downloads, ray guns, and a hot, kickass Asian Canadian fem in the lead can go far to provide the needed fix to a SF fan.

our cook was fascinated when i watched it. the young girl (named "Five") looks like a twin sister. my wife then downloaded all seasons for her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

The last season of Ripper Street is now out ,you can get the whole 6 episodes on the usual place 

Thank you Bertie old chap.:laugh:

I'd forgotten all about this, & didn't watch after Season 3.

Seems like I've got some catching up to do!

Does Ripper Street follow a good story line or is it a good idea with fillers just to make up episode numbers.

I love long series but before downloading them all want to make sure there is a good story line.

Edited by Flustered

Does Ripper Street follow a good story line or is it a good idea with fillers just to make up episode numbers.

I love long series but before downloading them all want to make sure there is a good story line.

Have followed it all but to be fair, I think you may spot the fillers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tv series - Riviera

A decent enough start to this new 10 part series.

IMDB: After newlywed Georgina's billionaire husband Constantine is killed in a yacht explosion, she is shocked to discover the fortune and lifestyle he maintained was surrounded by violence, lies and murder. She soon must step out of her comfort zone to protect the family...and herself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Riviera has terrible reviews, don't think I'll bother.

The reviews I've seen have been pretty mixed.

Unless something gets absolutely slaughtered in the press by everyone,

I usually have a look and make my own mind up.

Having said that, it would have to improve for me to continue with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The reviews I've seen have been pretty mixed.

Unless something gets absolutely slaughtered in the press by everyone,

I usually have a look and make my own mind up.

Having said that, it would have to improve for me to continue with it.

Apparently it just gets worse, especially after episode 5, but let us know what you think.

Edited by giddyup

I watched Pork Pie last night.

It is available in full HD 1080p.

A very entertaining movie and the scenery is stunning.

From Auckland in the north island of New Zealand to Invercargill in the south... brilliant.

Just started watching the last series of Orphan Black , again like house of cards they need not have bothered , another one that has lost its way .unlike Twin Peaks which even though half the time you dont have a clue whats happening ,even the wife sits glued to the screen .

Tv series - El Chapo

Enjoyed the first episode of this one.

If you liked Narcos, you will probably like this one.

Whole series (with subs) available now.

IMDB: A look at the life of notorious drug kingpin, El Chapo, from his early days in the 1980s working for the Guadalajara Cartel,

to his rise to power of during the '90s and his ultimate downfall in 2016.

Edited by Will27