What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I watched the whole first season, but was confused by all the characters. I didn't hate it, but there are much better shows for my tastes. 

Funny ,the wife likes game of thrones ,but she has the same problem ,just so many characters and how they are related , Thais generally seem to love the show ,our sons girlfriend adores it .

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think they're more confused by parents obsessed with imposing artificial concepts of normality.

You're not really fooling me. That last statement was a coded way of suggesting representing minorities in media harms children. Typical intolerant poppycock.

No far from it. I have no issues with minorities on TV and in other media. One of the problems identified for minority kids is lack of decent role models. They need examples to look up to. What I'd like is more real/truthful representation.

Minority kids need to see more than just gangsta rappers, police chiefs and overly hip black guys in designer clothes in fake high end jobs.  

Ticking off boxes and inserting a cookie cutter stereotype in to a situation regardless of it's believeability is wrong

White Guy - Check

Fat Guy - Check

Black Guy - Check

Lesbian - Check

Asian - Check

Just another form of positive discrimination.

As for "normality" that varies. I'm sure your normality is very different to mine.

But I'd expect if we were talking percentages my normal would be the norm.

Edited by Pdaz
  • Thanks 1

After the godawefull The Mist (what a pile of chlicheed <deleted>!), Stephen King is just redeeming himself with Mr. Mercedes!

Close to the source material, excellent actors and much more of a thriller, than a horror- story!

...talking about "horror stories": American Horror Story is back and I am very intrigued to see, where they are going with this!

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

God wasnt the mist bad? Just had to give up it was so bad

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This may be one of the few times, I will ever agree with you on anything!

It was a stinking pile of garbage and whoever did this, took a hot runny dump on the source- material!

I would bet, this thing will not make it through a second season...if even that!

On 9/7/2017 at 8:29 AM, Daffy D said:

Another great show "Highway Thru Hell" has started 6th season:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2390276/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Love this show, it's an honest look at life of Heavy Rescue. Nothing else like it on TV. Nothing staged, no phony characters, no fake action. It gives us a view of what life is like for the world of truckers and what they face driving on our highways. The good, the bad and the ugly conditions they face everyday. Not to mention the good, the bad and the ugly drivers. My only complaint is not enough shows. Winter usually starts in October or November and lasts until March or April. You should be able to have plenty more shows, especially now that you a second team in Alberta. You could have a whole other show just for the guys on the Alberta team. Ask any fan and they'd say the same. We'd even like to see more of Al, his team and his big green rig. Give us more HIGHWAY THRU HELL.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip. Very easy to watch and MUCH better than ice road. Just a shame they way the edit it and keep repeating footage.

The 6 part shows are becoming more prominent but it's just not enough back story for me to get into it like other shows with 10+ episodes. Series are waning a little for me.I watched the Sinner recently which was pretty good but it felt a little rushed. Had the same feeling with narcos 3 but maybe that is due to that particukar part of history being short lived for the cali cartel - I hope that's why.

The 6 part shows are becoming more prominent but it's just not enough back story for me to get into it like other shows with 10+ episodes. Series are waning a little for me.I watched the Sinner recently which was pretty good but it felt a little rushed. Had the same feeling with narcos 3 but maybe that is due to that particukar part of history being short lived for the cali cartel - I hope that's why.

Have u seen The Night Of?

It's a 6 part series that was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, thaifoodruns said:

Have u seen The Night Of?

It's a 6 part series that was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Some top actors in that series. I'll give it a blast it's got great reviews.

Gutted about series Mr mercedes on terrarium. Looks like they have missed 3-4 episodes. Pretty decent but f$cked up.