What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

1 hour ago, DMC1 said:

Very true about books. I always had a book on the go, but now very rarely since the past couple of years with Netflix etc. That’s even with my Kindle, I used it non-stop for years but not anywhere near as much now - feeling guilty as reading is great.

Same here. Doing a lot less reading due to watching top quality TV dramas.

2 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Very true about books. I always had a book on the go, but now very rarely since the past couple of years with Netflix etc. That’s even with my Kindle, I used it non-stop for years but not anywhere near as much now - feeling guilty as reading is great.

I also really miss reading a good book, but it is all about availability. Movies are just two clicks away, but finding a good book is near impossible.

18 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I also really miss reading a good book, but it is all about availability. Movies are just two clicks away, but finding a good book is near impossible.

Try the author Douglas Kennedy. Intelligent books, that are really gripping.

Or Haruki Murakami.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Plenty of good books available free in epub format, thousands in fact.

10 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

There are plenty of good books around. I read a few a week and mess around on the computer the rest of the time. I used to read a lot more books when I was young, but there was not such good TV back then and you could not watch newer movies at home.

13 hours ago, i claudius said:

I can only find 3 episodes where is season 2? Also this is us season 2 has just started 1 was excelent

I found season 2 ["Silkworm"] on PB and it's also on my private tracker. There are only 2 episodes to the season.

• Like 1

Tv Documentary - Long Shot

This is only 40 minutes long , but it's pretty amazing.

Summary: When Juan Catalan is arrested for a murder he insists he didn't commit, he builds his case

for innocence around raw footage from a popular TV show, "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overall, I don't think television is all that good at the moment. Back during the 2014-15 season, I would have said yes.  But a lot of programs have disintegrated. Some only had an idea good to last a season, others just lost their creative punch. The Blacklist has become, well, boring. Black Sails came and went and towards the end was ponderous. Fresh Off the Boat has too much Eddie in it. GoT is gone up its own backside. Homeland's lunatic star should have been shot dead two seasons ago. Penny Dreadful whimpered as it was dying. Hell on Wheels quit and went to China. American Horror Story has become its title. Into the Badlands is where that show's rating are headed. Halt and Catch Fire has become soap opera. The Good Place has already derailed in season 2. And Big Bang just needs to stop. House of Cards sort of describes the entire industry right now.

A few good things persist or at least ended well: Indian Summers should have gone for a few more seasons. Victoria season 1 was good--season 2 not so much. The Crown is fairly good.

All in all, I'd rather watch DVDs of The Rockford Files or Magnum PI.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:42 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

What movie or series is that?

Alias JJ is the most insane series ever....Season 1 has 69 episodes!!!

Im on episode 42....It's basically Oz, with latinos.

Very addictive.

Its largely fictional .... but the way JJ has been portrayed it;s hard to imagine he was taking orders from escobar.

the little shit was smarter than all of them put together.

Edited by JHolmesJr

On 9/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Will27 said:

On 9/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Will27 said:

Nice call.

Really enjoyed episode 1 of this one.

Embedded subs.

Profugos....where did you find the embedded subs mate? I got good ones for season 1 from open subtitles....but season 2 subs are rubbish.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

I disagree.

With the advent of HBO, AXN, Netflix etc,  the quality of TV has never been better.

If you can't find anything decent to watch these days, you just ain't looking hard enough.

Absolutely. The GLUT of good things to watch is the problem now. Not the lack of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

South Park Season 21

Back on form, especially episode 2.

Black Mirror Season 4

Coming sometime in 'Autumn 2017' apparently. Prepare to be 'mindfucked' again.

Mock the Week Season 16 Part 2

Still worth a watch even without Frankie Boyle or Rory Bremner. Milton Jones & James Acaster are OK in small doses. Of course, the BBC still have to fill their quota of 'funny women'.

Star Trek: Discovery

The captain's an Asian woman this time, or possibly a black one depending on how the story pans out.

Law & Order: True Crime Season 1

A generic true crime reenactment show with the Law & Order tag attached. Bears no resemblance to any of the others. In short, crap.

The Orville

Star Trek based comedy starring Seth MacFarlane. Surprisingly good & has a similar morality style aspect to the Star Treks proper. Close your eyes & imagine a dog as captain...

Law & Order: SVU Season 19

I think this should be the last one, again. This time 'Liv' is the focus of child abuse allegations.

Z Nation Season 4

Premieres on 03 Oct. Simply the best zombie TV show of all time, that's a fact.

EDIT: Episode 1 available now

Red Dwarf Season 12

Still Americanized but who gives a smeg, it's Red Dwarf. Coming on 12 Oct.

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

Haven't watched these yet but they sound interesting.

Will and Grace is back. A show I never got hooked on back when it was big, but word is it's chock full of trump bashing. So take that as a warning or a lure, depending.

Another one. Neo Yokio.

Often I found myself laughing out loud at Kaan’s over the top self-absorption. At one point he says he’s too sad to get out of bed until his aunt offers him squid ink fettucine, which he declares “the most melancholy” of pastas.

https://kotaku.com/neo-yokio-is-a-funny-but-flawed-critique-of-capitalism-1818849400

15 hours ago, carmine said:

The Vietnam War

The Handmaid's Tale

Ray Donovan

Peaky Blinders

The Deuce

This Is Us

Bosch

The Affair

Narcos

Big Little Lies

These are all very watchable