Test results fail to dent demand for Mor Saeng’s herbal capsules

webfact

Test results fail to dent demand for Mor Saeng’s herbal capsules

By The Nation

b8ad7115851c71f45f3c907b8a171554.png

Mor Saeng’s herbal capsules – seen by many as a miraculous cure for cancer – remain hugely popular, even after the Public Health Ministry’s tests have shown they are not effective in suppressing carcinogenic cells.

More than 25,000 people queued up for the herbal capsules, produced based on the formula of Mor Saeng or Saengchai Haelerttrakul. 

Saengchai has never received formal training as a physician but he is referred to as “Mor”, which means a doctor, because of the herbal concoction he hands out for free with claims that it can help cancer patients. 

cd40d6f56a022b2f0b11b7ee11e186d8.png

Among the crowds in the queue this weekend were national artist Naowarat Pongpaiboon and famous drama director Phairat Sangworibut. 

“I have been under stress for many days as my herbal concoction has been attacked,” Saengchai said, “I am worried for patients who have put their hope in my herbal solutions.” 

He claims to have handed out about 200,000 herbal capsules each time. 

From May 5 to May 6, 25,614 people queued up in Prachin Buri province for the herbal capsules of Mor Saeng. Of them, 1,644 were first-timers. The rest were those had relied on the herbal capsules for a long time. 

Saengchai is preparing to hand out free capsules again on May 20.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30344709

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-07

What is proven, though, is that a positive attitude and mindset will slow down the cancer cells.
It will not stop the cancer, but I might have a positive effect on people that leads to a little bit longer life.

Still very stupid to let him contuinue with this. He should be arrested as above stated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

remain hugely popular, even after the Public Health Ministry’s tests have shown they are not effective in suppressing carcinogenic cells.

handing out placebos, superstition trumping science, apparently for free, that is novel

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

I am not one to put down Thai's in general, but how thick are they sometimes.

This guy should be arrested and made to repay all the monies taken. If he is advertising it as a cure to cancer he should be charged under the false representation. 

Or perhaps desperate & hopeful because they have Cancer?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Yeah, maybe you are right.

Perhaps i am just being negative.

Or perhaps you are both right and the third option :-

They are shut out of any cancer treatment by cost that would be considered meaningful, efficacious or holistic by Western standards.

• Like 2

Anyone who gets a free trial MUST give away Name, Address, Phone number and Id card and everything will be registered into the database. So the next step is pay for the next batch it`s no longer free.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Anyone who gets a free trial MUST give away Name, Address, Phone number and Id card and everything will be registered into the database. So the next step is pay for the next batch it`s no longer free.

That's just what they do... it's well orchestrated....first one must go to local police station waiting in a queue to get registered and pay a fee of 20 bht then theyl'll tel you to come back week later again waiting in a long queue for your free herbal. Surely donation are been made. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

This guy should be arrested and made to repay all the monies taken. If he is advertising it as a cure to cancer he should be charged under the false representation. 

Well, the Catholic church advertises a cure for death - should the Pope be arrested? :coffee1:

Ugh! Flight of the eagle. Haaiiaaao, Haaooaaao. Fight with the bear. Oh, yes you wise one.

First then one will find the cure to your decease. Be strong, and may the BS be with you!

Siths in the form of Mor saeng might be upon you. If so use the force, it will always protect your where ever you go.

Edited by Get Real

Article says he gives them out for free.

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The government's poorly applied "scientific" test only challenged some cancer cells with direct contact with the herbs. Well, many medical drugs -- and herbs also -- don't work by touching the cancer cells. They often work by stimulating and/or modulating the immune system, or directing certain immune cells or substances to better attack the cancer cells.

To actually prove or disprove these supposed cancer-curing herbs, a full scale clinical trial needs to be done whereby the herbs are administered the same way this herbalist is having his patients administer them -- which I assume is orally.

For those non-believers out there who are ready to string up this herbalist, know this: The number one cure for children's leukemia is an extract of the beautiful, pink-flowered plant Vinca rosea (Pink Periwinkle) which grows on every tropical beach I've ever visited -- including Thailand, PI, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bali, India, Africa, Mexico and Central & South America, etc.). This herbal drug -- vinblastine -- is used in hospitals worldwide and cures -- or greatly improves the health of -- thousands of children with leukemia every year. 

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

you can't argue with the guy if they are free but what happens in between his free issues for those already taking them?

it may be that they are all free, so if they don't poison anyone, is he doing any harm?

is he deterring people from seeking medical advice?

I understand the placebo effect and I also understand that he may have some good herbs in them, what i don't understand is why they would go after him quite so aggressively, there must be more to this than meets the eye.

3 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

you can't argue with the guy if they are free but what happens in between his free issues for those already taking them?

it may be that they are all free, so if they don't poison anyone, is he doing any harm?

is he deterring people from seeking medical advice?

I understand the placebo effect and I also understand that he may have some good herbs in them, what i don't understand is why they would go after him quite so aggressively, there must be more to this than meets the eye.

Without  full and proper  trials its  incredibly stupid and dangerous, and as for the "free" I guarantee somewhere in all of this is a massive money making scam.

• Like 1