Hit and Run Victim in Coma, Driver Turns Herself In

snoop1130

Hit and Run Victim in Coma, Driver Turns Herself In

by CityNews

S__2383878.jpg

CityNews – A woman has turned herself in after a hit and run incident in Chiang Mai left a 54 year old woman in a coma.

Police opened an investigation after it was reported that a Toyota Yaris collided with a motorbike near the Sam Yaek Market. 

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/hit-run-victim-coma-driver-turns/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-5-14
  • Like 1

When are they going to get serious with these disgusting hit-and-runners? Running away after hitting someone should be regarded on the same level as manslaughter, and murder if the victim actually dies. How many people could be saved every year if the people who caused the accidents actually gave them a little bit of emergency care?

I try not to be on the roads at this time of night, so many unpredictables.

Really feel sympathy for the woman in a coma but NONE for the driver, how can you fall asleep after popping out to do some shopping? It's not like she has just driven to CM from Bangkok is it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myran said:

When are they going to get serious with these disgusting hit-and-runners? Running away after hitting someone should be regarded on the same level as manslaughter, and murder if the victim actually dies. How many people could be saved every year if the people who caused the accidents actually gave them a little bit of emergency care?

I was going to say it's an Asian thing to run away from the scene but thinking about it there's a lot of it going on in the uk but they are mainly immigrants from eastern block countries.

'Personal responsibility'?   Remember Bart Simpson's unrelenting comment 'wasn't me,             I didn't do it!'

Lots of folks here, and elsewhere of course,  avoid personal responsibility like the plague.  Sometimes i believe that the State powers, the religious training of the  young, the schooling system here in T'land all contribute to a sense of personal avoidance and escape, if possible, from standing up and saying 'I did it, my bad'.