Issues with my thai family

davidst01

23 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Now I don’t know if I want to invest money in the wifes business. I don’t know if she is 100% loyal to me.

Think you are answering your own question  ! 

I never really see the wife's family - occasional sister visit with BF and I get on well with them both. Father on the other hand is a right A hole. Virtually threatened to beat me up the first and only time I met him. Now I live in Pattaya with the wife and baby, he lives 900 km or so away in Nan. Hopefully the drunken bottom will be dead soon anyway. Wife does not talk to him.

Maybe you had the same issue as me - my wife was in a relationship with a hi-so before me that treated her badly, pulled her around by her hair, shouted at her in front of kids etc. I think her father preferred her getting beaten up than her leaving him - which she did. Now I guess I am not so hi-so in his eyes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The OP wife is most likely caught between a rock and a hard place with a situation like this, so her perspective is probably the most difficult of all because she has to try and keep both sides happy.

She certainly is

Sounds a bit like mine

Most thais Thai's just go with the flow or bear it out (depending upon nature )

She is also a very soft business person who is to trustworthy ( that's when they usually get done over by anyone who doesn't give a crap.Also includes family )

So you built a house on family land or right next door

21 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Haven't I read this before

First thing I thought when reading.

Almost verbatim to a post I am sure I read 2 or possibly more years ago (?)

Either that or my paranormal powers are up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I sometimes wonder just how empty and pointless my life would be if I was worried about my gay brother-in-law touching my arm.

Now I know.

You see, he's an Auss like me 

I once seen 2 Asians on a construction site walk down the road & one had his arm around the shoulders of the other ( you see it here sometimes )

To Asians they're just friends 

To Aussies, I will quote a comment by the guy who was standing next to me 

" If he did that to me he would be on the floor "

So I told him not to worry as he wouldn't, they're just friends 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I vote wanting someone to cut your willy off in Thailand as highly mentally unstable !

Exactly. It's never talked about out of our Western PC culture. But, there is no doubt that Thailand is full of people born as men but who would rather be women. And, it's a sign of significant national mental instability in the male population. 

I'd recommend the OP to cut losses and get out of that pathetic sounding family. Gross. 

• Confused 1

If the wife is forced to choose between foreign hubby and family, the former usually loses out.

Good that you involve the rest of the family, and hopefully he (she) will realise where the line is.

Good luck