A royal reception feast for 600: langoustines, quail eggs and rhubarb tartlets

rooster59

A royal reception feast for 600: langoustines, quail eggs and rhubarb tartlets

800x800 (4).jpg

FILE PHOTO: The Royal Kitchen at Windsor Castle begin preparations for the wedding banquet, May 10, 2018. David Parker/Pool via REUTERS

WINDSOR, England (Reuters) - Guests of Prince Harry and his new wife Meghan were set to tuck into dishes including Scottish langoustines, grilled asparagus and rhubarb crumble tartlets at a lunchtime reception for the newlyweds.

Some of the 600 or so guests arrived hours before the beginning of the ceremony at noon, and were likely to be eager to sample the sumptuous foods on offer.

Canapes being served include poached free-range chicken in a lightly spiced yoghurt with roasted apricot, croquettes of confit Windsor lamb and garden-pea panna cotta with quail eggs and lemon verbena.

There were also bowl foods such as pea and mint risotto with pea shoots, truffle oil and parmesan crisps, and 10-hour slow roasted Windsor pork belly, all washed down with champagne, wines and a range of soft drinks.

The wedding cake included elderflower syrup, made at the Queen’s residence in Sandringham from the estate’s own trees, with an Amalfi lemon curd filling and elderflower buttercream.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-05-19

24 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

WOW! must have been a wonderful time there, feasting on the back of the UK taxpayers while the rest of the world lives their daily normal life..... disgusting :sick:

Except, of course, the taxpayers didn't pay for this.  Pretty much the only thing they paid for was the security.

Still an obscene spectacle, though.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Except, of course, the taxpayers didn't pay for this.  Pretty much the only thing they paid for was the security.

Still an obscene spectacle, though.  

Only thing......just the odd 30 million. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems a pity then, that they couldn't have handed out some snacks and water etc to the thousands that waited for a glimpse of the couple in a carriage.

If they provided toilets for the crowds, that's more than they do for the millions of tourists in London.

Very disappointing considering how "modern" they try and portray themselves. Total disregard for the general public and total indulgence for themselves. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I saw a documentary that claims the British royal family is almost 100% German. Good show whatever they are. Prince Harry got a very pretty wife, that other one too.

This is true, they changed their family name to “Windsor” around the time of WW1 if I’m not mistaken. 

7 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

WOW! must have been a wonderful time there, feasting on the back of the UK taxpayers while the rest of the world lives their daily normal life..... disgusting :sick:

No the Queen was paying...

6 minutes ago, gamini said:

You anti Royalists want an elected president like TRUMP??? 

Or how about an elected president like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Truman, Wilson, Eisenhower, Jackson, Kennedy, Obama, Polk, Madison? Trump is a mere (but most regrettable) aberration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

And all of those like you are fools.  Why on earth should one be proud of individuals who have unimaginable wealth and privilege simply because of to whom they are born?

Telling people to shut up simply because they haven't bought the Royalist Kool-aid simply shows the moral and intellectual weakness of your stance.

We actually pay very little of our taxes to support the Royal Family, I resent it going  to those who avoid work and those that live abroad not contributing until they need to  come home for free medical care.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

the bit that got me was the Sky news commentators saying that wedding dress cost 300,000 POUNDS !!!

That is obscene.   

Diana's wedding dress cost only about 10% of that .............

They were ripped off but they dont care because it wasn't their money:bah:

20 minutes ago, Basil B said:

We actually pay very little of our taxes to support the Royal Family, I resent it going  to those who avoid work and those that live abroad not contributing until they need to  come home for free medical care.

Yet the Royal Family for some inexplicable reason owns vasts amounts of the UK and benefits from it.

This is land and property, wealth, that rightfully belongs to the British people - not a single family of inbred usurpers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Yet the Royal Family for some inexplicable reason owns vasts amounts of the UK and benefits from it.

This is land and property, wealth, that rightfully belongs to the British people - not a single family of inbred usurpers.

Some people do not appreciate what they do...

So if we have no royal family do we knock down the royal castles and palaces or still keep spending on the up keep while we have some buffoon like Boris using them as a Grace & Favour lodgings.

47 minutes ago, midas said:

the bit that got me was the Sky news commentators saying that wedding dress cost 300,000 POUNDS !!!

That is obscene.   

If she wanted to be accepted as a person who genuinely wanted to change the face of the Monarchy she/ they had an opportunity right there. 

She could of got one from the high street and donated  best part of 300 grand to the good causes they bang on about supporting. Would of been massive statement of intent as opposed to total hypocrisy. 

4 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I saw a documentary that claims the British royal family is almost 100% German. Good show whatever they are. Prince Harry got a very pretty wife, that other one too.

Well, I think with this union, any children will surely dilute that German blood down a lot.   

I am staying out of this one. I have been abused enough for a while in this forum. I always thought in a public forum everybody is allowed to have there say and speak their mind. I can see by some of the comments on this subject it is a touchy subject about the queen So all let us just move onto next subject.  

8 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I am staying out of this one. I have been abused enough for a while in this forum. I always thought in a public forum everybody is allowed to have there say and speak their mind. I can see by some of the comments on this subject it is a touchy subject about the queen So all let us just move onto next subject.  

You are free to have your opinion as much as the next person. There will always be differences of opinion about the monarchy and as long as everyone is respectful of others opinions I don't see the problem. 

9 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Don't be a pussy, come on, get stuck in... It's TVF, some things will never change..... ?

• Haha 2

Just now, Kadilo said:

You are free to have your opinion as much as the next person. There will always be differences of opinion about the monarchy and as long as everyone is respectful of others opinions I don't see the problem. 

True respect each others opinion is the key 

10 hours ago, midas said:

That is obscene.   

Some news commentator could have said the dress cost 1.5mil and you'd have posted it on here as gospel truth !!

Sometimes, the media sensationalize things for their own benefit... Not everything they say is true ?