One of the worst watermelon shakes...

gppower

I was at Foodland on Pattaya Klang the other night. Opposite the supermarket there is a small open air Thai food court. The stall selling shakes caught my eye. I had a watermelon shake. It was one of the worst I ever had.

While waiting for it, I was a bit surprised by how laborious was the cutting of the pieces of the watermelon to put in the mixy. By the taste, I think that the lady didn’t leave out the white part of the pulp close to the skin, which doesn’t taste good and is hard to digest. I could not manage to go through half of it.

Just to let you know...

For the ones that might come back and ask: ”what do you expect from a 40 baht shake?” ... well I would answer: “I would expect not to throw 40 baht in the bin”.....

Most people throw away the watermelon rind, but try putting it in a blender with some lime for a healthy, refreshing treat. Not only does the rind contain plenty of health-promoting and blood-building chlorophyll, but the rind actually contains more of the amino acid citrulline than the pink flesh.

Benefits of Watermelon Rind

https://www.livestrong.com/article/408893-benefits-of-watermelon-rinds/

You're Tossing One Of The Healthiest Parts Of Your Watermelon—Stop!

https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/a20437529/watermelon-rind-nutrition/IMG_6232.JPG

On 5/20/2018 at 1:12 PM, KneeDeep said:

Watermelon shake is only 15 baht in Big C Extra supermarket. 

You paid too much. Which puts you in the category for getting abused.

Dual pricing ?

On 5/21/2018 at 5:32 AM, gk10002000 said:

Over the years I got my daily watermelon shake at KISS restaurant.  Never had an issue.  Shake, shrimp fried rice that has real shrimps on it.  Really is a cheap and decent light lunch

Really don't like the shrimps/prawns at KISS. Maybe it's just the branch that I tried, but they tasted like those cheap Chinese shrimp that taste more jellified, than fibrous and meaty.

Go to a real fisherman's restaurant and taste the difference. I eat at one in Na Klua, on the way to Moom Aroi, but on the right just before you cross the bridge. Simple and good.

Maybe 80 baht for shrimp fried rice. They also have a range of tasty one plate meals for 40 baht.