MotoGP Burirum

Ozgur

I bought the ticket from MotoGP website. Now it is a great challange to find a place to stay. There isnt anything available. That s a shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is accommodation still available. However, it is not cheap.

2 examples -

3 bedroom fully furnished low set house with air-con - 6 km from the track - 25K Baht for 3 nights

2 bedroom condo also fully furnished with air-con - 4 km from the track - 20K baht for 3 nights

Longer stay is available in both.

Agree. But I believe most towns / city's that host moto gp do a bit of price gouging.

A quick check of some online accommodation sites show only 1 place available (Tent City)

"The following event falls over your travel dates and may cause less hotel availability or rates to increase: " taken from Hotel Planer.com.

As an aside, 6 people staying in the House mentioned in post #5 would only be paying 300 baht more per night than a tent ?

I went to the SBK races in Buriram in March and I was hooked. I've been a motorcyclist all of my life but I had never been to a race here in Thailand and I had a great time. I enjoyed the trip to Buriram and the races were a blast!

I posted a trip report on it here on Thail Visa.

I'm a Ducati owner and the Ducati shop here in Pattaya had some tickets on sale, I think that they called it some kind of early bird special but I forgot the price but it was about the same as what was offered on the MotoGP site. Anyway you get to sit in the Ducati grandstand area which is a great place to watch from and you get a free tee shirt and cap as well as get to meet the Ducati riders at some promotional party. 

As for staying in Buriram, when I was there in March everything was already sold out. I talked the hotel owner where I was staying to let me make a reservation for it so now I'm all set but I went to several of the larger hotels and it was definitely a no go, they were all full. I think that you will end up staying 50 - 100 km away if you go. 

• Like 1