Naklua fails test as ecotourism destination

Rimmer

Naklua fails test as ecotourism destination

image.png

PATTAYA:--Naklua has a lot of work to do before it can be considered a prime ecotourism destination, according to the Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration.

The historic fishing village and marketplace scored just 36 percent on a Ministry of Tourism and Sports survey of 168 communities in eight tourism development areas. That was only good enough for a “C” rating from DASTA, its lowest designation.

A Level A ecotourism destination must score at least 80 percent on the survey, which grades product quality, service and promotion. A Level B destination rates at least 50 percent on the survey.

Pattaya spokesman Pinit Maneerat said Naklua has the potential to reach Level A, but must do a lot more work to solve its problems before it can truly be a showcase fishing village and marketplace.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/naklua-fails-test-ecotourism-destination-211634

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-06-01

Naklua applied for accreditation as an ecotourism destination? :shock1: Do they even understand what that is?

At a rating of 36% and an overall C, I think the judges were being very generous. I thought a C was a pass :blink:. How did they get that high grade?

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the person who had to write this article with a straight face. Come to think of it, that applies to almost every news article published in Thailand. How could one do this day in and day out. Would take several double whiskies after work. Or maybe before.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 6/1/2018 at 3:53 PM, Chang_paarp said:

Naklua applied for accreditation as an ecotourism destination? :shock1: Do they even understand what that is?

At a rating of 36% and an overall C, I think the judges were being very generous. I thought a C was a pass :blink:. How did they get that high grade?

It's filthy