Mob of villagers attack man who tried to rape autistic girl, 19

webfact

Mob of villagers attack man who tried to rape autistic girl, 19

1pm.jpg

Pictures (3): Manager Online

A mob of around 100 villagers took matters into their own hands before police arrived at a village in southern Thailand.

They attacked a man caught trying to rape a 19 year old autistic girl and also beat his innocent three work colleagues.

Khorhong police who arrived in the village in Nam Noi sub-district of Hat Yai found 56 year old Phairot Jankhot from Songkhla in a heap on the ground. He had been beaten about the head and all over his body.

12.jpg

Three more men were also injured.

The four had earlier arrived in the village in a truck used to clean toilets and septic tanks.

Im Srimanee, 70, the grandmother of the victim said that she had been out while her 19 year old autistic granddaughter was home alone.

She got back to see Phairot on top of her with his fly open preparing to rape her.

She ran out screaming for help as Phairot fled the scene.

11pm.jpg

Local officials swung into action putting out a distress call over the loudspeakers and a hundred people were mobilized. The mob first confronted the three other workers who denied there was another person in their work gang.

When a neighbor said there were really four of them the mob were enraged by their duplicity and attacked them mercilessly as the hunt for the fourth man was stepped up.

He was found cowering in some undergrowth and was then set upon by men punching him and kicking him before the police arrived.

When the cops got to him he had lost control and urinated on himself, reported Manager.

He was charged with attempted rape and trespass.

The other three men were found to be innocent.

Relatives said that the autistic girl told them that Phairot had tried to rape her on a visit to the village before. 

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-08
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I witnessed a similar thing very many years ago when I first moved to Thailand. It was also in the South of Thailand in a village where I was living with my Thai wife. A man was caught in the act of raping a very young girl. I watched as the cops loaded the man in the back of a truck and since I came from Canada where there is no law I asked my wife what was the penalty for this kind of act in Thailand?? She told me "the man will never make it to town". End of story but after that I moved to Thailand and stayed for 32 years. I still love and miss Thailand from my home in the Philippines where they also know how to deal with the likes of drug dealers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

When a neighbor said there were really four of them the mob were enraged by their duplicity and attacked them mercilessly as the hunt for the fourth man was stepped up.

Good for them!  I hope they all get prison jury justice as well.

I love a good ending to a story, but this one is lacking the, "death by a kitchen fork, stabbed multiple times", with his eye balls removed by the village crows, now would have been the good ending story

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They attacked a man caught trying to rape a 19 year old autistic girl and also beat his innocent three work colleagues.

The only right justice is the one you can do yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

As much as the guy deserved a good beating, you just can't do it. It sets awful precedents in society when people think they can take the law into their own hands. Like a poster said before - if you can just get on a loudspeaker and have 100 people attack someone on your word, that's very dangerous. Live in an environment like that and everyone will just be on edge. As soon as you have an innocent person mistakenly attacked, you lose any and all credibility. 

Hold the person down and call the police. You have to look at the bigger picture. 

Community policing to detain him was good. However punishment should be left to the law. Not that i am concerned about guilty scum copping it, its the innocents caught up in the hysteria that become victims

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aussieroaming said:

Community policing to detain him was good. However punishment should be left to the law. Not that i am concerned about guilty scum copping it, its the innocents caught up in the hysteria that become victims

Which is exactly why people can't go dishing out justice. Mistakes can be made. There should always be a process. 

• Like 1

The pictures are a bit confusing. 

The guy in grey t-shirt looks like he’s aboit to thump him at the back of the truck , but the same guy is walking him somewhere while the police or whatever they are in uniform are just strolling along behind. ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The mob first confronted the three other workers who denied there was another person in their work gang.

They don't sound very innocent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No they weren't, according to the report. They tried to cover up the existance of the would-be rapist. They are complicit in the crime.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

When a neighbor said there were really four of them the mob were enraged by their duplicity and attacked them mercilessly

Ah, the logic of vigilante mobs...

• Like 1