Will the world as we know it survive ?

I know that personally i have had a fantastic life ,never been very rich ,but usually not to badly off , when i and my generation were young we did not have a lot ,but that was only because there was not a lot to have . Now the young generation have so many things that they "must have" but things seem to be going wrong to my mind , more and more violence on the streets etc ,could it be that there are just to many of us ,its not a massive problem at the moment but it does seem to be getting worse,what about in 20 or 30 years when the worlds population has doubled will things be about the same or are we as a race heading for meltdown?,have your say

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Has it ever?

Well it has up until now ,but dont you think mankind is heading for some sort of doomsday ? many parts of the world are bad now ,with little food and water thats why they are leaving ,now its a trickle ,what happens when its a flood?

• Like 1

I think a global player will blow a gasket and cause ww3, and that will be the reset button.  A fresh start, not sure it will be better for the average person, but definitely fresh.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

You should  look at it this way, youre  living in a time thats never been better/easier for most of us, the use of  oil, gas coal etc to reduce  effort and the freedom to travel easily almost anywhere has progressed mankind incredibly.

Argue all you like about fossil fuels but it has made your life incredibly easy and given you a much better/healthier life in many ways.

My only hope is that the myth of religion is slowly eradicated to zero as science is slowly but surely demystifying  this  absolute nonsense.

Overpopulation  could be come a problem but Im sure the industrialized countries already have a sort of inbuilt birth control.

IMO People have a tendency to concentrate on the negative because it causes pain and it gets your attention but there are so many positives. 

Think of the travel difficulties of the past, How many of us would be in Thailand right now

medical advances, I have had an aortic valve replacement, I know I would dead in the past.

Information . you can google everything and you know more than any people in history (wait until  google is connected directly to your brain where you can access any information simply by thinking about it) they are working on it right now.

Communications, I am in NYC right now, you are all in various places in Thailand, later I will skype with my Brother in Greece, and my sister in Italy.

Never mind the past, I can't wait for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How about six legged chickens? I love chicken legs.

But I guess we will need six legged dogs, 'cause who can catch a six legged chicken to cook.  

Ah..but what about the six legged haggis where three legs are shorter to port than to starboard?

I hope they survive..'cos they are kinda Scots ugly but better than a fried Mars Bar..

• Haha 1

Drove up to the neighborhood where I spent a good portion of my formative years fishing, camping and hunting in a vast tract of undeveloped land around a lake.  The point where the paved road ended and my adventures began, is now someone's driveway. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah..but what about the six legged haggis where three legs are shorter to port than to starboard?

I hope they survive..'cos they are kinda Scots ugly but better than a fried Mars Bar..

Just there the world has gotten a better place!

Where I can have a laugh with a friend on the other side of the world and think. Hey this guy is no different than me.( though certainly not as good looking)

It makes it much more difficult to want to kill someone  you had a laugh with. (but dont test me) .

There is still Hope, as we all realise the world is a small place and we are all in it together.

16 minutes ago, jvs said:

We as the human species are just a temporary parasite on the planet

when we get wiped out the planet will be just fine.

I know plastic in the environment it very bad especially for marine life but it only takes 100 years for most plastic to break down.

100 years for the planet is absolutely nothing,animal species have been dying since the beginning of life.

Evolution will continue but without us.

But maybe we  will be like the dinosaurs here for hundreds of  millions of years, thats the real issue....NO ONE knows the future...unless of course you can believe the religious nonsense then all "incredibly"  will be fine with the Good  Lord saving us all

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Drove up to the neighborhood where I spent a good portion of my formative years fishing, camping and hunting in a vast tract of undeveloped land around a lake.  The point where the paved road ended and my adventures began, is now someone's driveway. ?

100  million years ago that land wasnt even there

8 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Some good some bad.

But at least someone has a driveway. Boo hoo for you , driveway party for others LOL

We have had i believe the best of times.for one thing as we knew less we wanted less. But these days no matter where you are you can see that others are different and in the case of those in underdeveloped countrys they see that those in developed countrys have it so much better.that is why so many are coming to the west.Now it may not be PC but i dont care what you may want or think the barriers will go up all over not just where it is happening now but in countrys like the UK. I believe there are a few scenarios. The rich will live away from the poor .or there will be uprisings and revolution.
Of course there could be another war .and we all know that nuclear weapons will be used.there are those who believe in The fairy in the sky and he will give them all they want up there.
But as a wise man once said "world war 3 will be fought with atomic weapons and world war 4 with sticks and stones.
Glad i wont be here to see it.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kannot said:

You should  look at it this way, youre  living in a time thats never been better/easier for most of us, the use of  oil, gas coal etc to reduce  effort and the freedom to travel easily almost anywhere has progressed mankind incredibly.

Yes and No, are people happier, do their lives have meaning, is the quality of life better for the majority, not convinced & yes its easy to argue either way, but for a lot of folks life ain't so good, massive prison populations, massive drug addiction both illegal but more so legal, is social media good or was actual socializing preferable? the list goes on.

The first argument most come up with is how wonderful modern medicine is! not convinced on that one either as the "modern" world brings most about a lot of the illness to start with.

Please watch the following documentary by Hans Rosling  whose job is to know about these things, I promise you you will enjoy it . The prestation is incredible and very informative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Just there the world has gotten a better place!

Where I can have a laugh with a friend on the other side of the world and think. Hey this guy is no different than me.( though certainly not as good looking)

It makes it much more difficult to want to kill someone  you had a laugh with. (but dont test me) .

There is still Hope, as we all realise the world is a small place and we are all in it together.

Tell that to members of a certain race ,that believe that we are all inferior to them .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I like to watch the death counter and hope some of them are my enemies:tongue:

Yes the birth rates are declining in the "civilized" (is that PC?)world ,but not in other parts ,and they are the ones that will cause us all the problems i fear.

• Like 1