White House economic adviser Kudlow suffers heart attack - Trump

webfact

White House economic adviser Kudlow suffers heart attack - Trump

2018-06-12T004801Z_1_LYNXMPEE5B021_RTROPTP_4_G7-SUMMIT-TRUMP.JPG

FILE PHOTO: White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow gives a press briefing about upcoming G7 in the White House in Washington, U.S., June 6, 2018. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow suffered a heart attack and is being treated at a Washington-area hospital, President Donald Trump said in a tweet.

"Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack. He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center," Trump said on Twitter minutes before he was scheduled to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

A longtime television commentator, Kudlow, 70, was hired by Trump in March to replace Gary Cohn as director of the National Economic Council.

Kudlow joined the president at the Group of Seven summit in Quebec on Friday and Saturday. He did several media interviews on Sunday to vigorously defend Trump after the president's trade spat with summit host Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Kudlow, a Republican who served as an economic adviser to former President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s and also worked on Wall Street, is an ardent advocate of "supply side" economic policies that focus on cutting taxes and reducing regulations.

Kudlow has acknowledged ups and downs in his life, having been addicted to drugs and alcohol before getting sober more than 20 years ago.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Tim Ahmann and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-12

King Dollar goes down. A big bull-sh---r as far as I am concerned. The US subsidizes American agriculture to the tune of 24 billion a year and then insists Canada give full access to subsidized American dairy farmers. Make no mistake, I am no fan of Canadian dairy supply management.

Let unsubsidized New Zeland dairy products in I say. Nobody subsidizes there farmers like the Americans and Europeans who then bitch like hell at everyone else while claiming free-trade sainthood. The US should open up their market to NZ as well. Probably suffered the heart attack defending the two-sided position he has to take being Trump's economic advisor. 

For some reason this old joke came to mind when I first heard this news.

Timmy goes to a summer day camp run by Catholic nuns.
One day they are teaching the kids archery.  Timmy shoots his arrow at the target and misses the target completely.
"Dammit, I missed!"  he says.
A nun approaches him and tells him to never speak like that again.
Timmy tries another shot and again misses.
"Dammit, I missed!"
The nun goes over to him, grabs him by the arm, and tells him that if he says that again God will strike him down with lightning.
Timmy tries again, again not even hitting the target.
"Dammit, I missed!"
Suddenly clouds roll in, the sky goes dark, and WHAMMO!  A bolt of lightning strikes the nun, turning her into a pile of smoldering ashes.  A voice as deep as thunder emanates from the sky, and says

"Dammit, I missed!"

• Like 2