Video: "Take me to court" says truck driver after woman ends up in the central reservation

webfact

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

You can say "the truck driver is PARTIALLY to blame"???????????   WOW !!!!!!!

Suggest you review the word partially, then you might just understand the comment. 

• Confused 1

when you avoid a car, so not hitting , like in this case the small truck its your own fault. 

And at wat speed she was traveling in these wet conditions!!!

Insurance will say her own fault, good!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

when you avoid a car, so not hitting , like in this case the small truck its your own fault. 

And at wat speed she was traveling in these wet conditions!!!

Insurance will say her own fault, good!!

Are you Libyan by any chance

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Suggest you review the word partially, then you might just understand the comment. 

Partially in any definition does not ncome close to meaning 95-100%........... If the trucker had not done his crazy move then the woman would not have even been put to the test......... look up the word totally or mostly or completely.......... LOL .......

• Haha 1

And also how do some claim that the roads were slick and slippery and she was driving to fast........ I saw puddles of water in that crossover/intersection and in the center median which may have caused some posters to think the road was 'wet and slippery' but can you substantuate that claim?????? I didn't see any rain on her windows and I never saw her Speedo...... so what did you see?????? I even saw one poster say the truck was 'stopped'..... look at the video and tell me where you can confirm any of that....... All wild accusations........... but could you see a truck make a crazy turn across all lanes from the left lane with a car coming up behind??????? I saw it........ AND SHE IS TO BLAME?????    For not preventing the accident............... 

WOW!!!!!!    WOW!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you guys don't wind up on a JURY     for some 'innocent' Bastard.............

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

And also how do some claim that the roads were slick and slippery and she was driving to fast........ I saw puddles of water in that crossover/intersection and in the center median which may have caused some posters to think the road was 'wet and slippery' but can you substantuate that claim?????? I didn't see any rain on her windows and I never saw her Speedo...... so what did you see?????? I even saw one poster say the truck was 'stopped'..... look at the video and tell me where you can confirm any of that....... All wild accusations........... but could you see a truck make a crazy turn across all lanes from the left lane with a car coming up behind??????? I saw it........ AND SHE IS TO BLAME?????    For not preventing the accident............... 

WOW!!!!!!    WOW!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you guys don't wind up on a JURY     for some 'innocent' Bastard.............

Homeboy, Nobody claimed the azzwhip in the truck wasn't to blame, ok. Point is it happens every kilo or so you drive in this country. Since that is the case one needs to drive as if people are going to do stupid stuff. She shares the blame because she was intending to pass a truck stopped or nearly stopped in the road AT AN INTERSECTION in the divider. Had he been going straight at say 40-50 that's another deal but personally I still would not blow by him at that speed because most Thais have trouble even steering straight. In a country that is #1 most deadly one can NEVER be too defensive.

4 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Homeboy, Nobody claimed the azzwhip in the truck wasn't to blame, ok. Point is it happens every kilo or so you drive in this country. Since that is the case one needs to drive as if people are going to do stupid stuff. She shares the blame because she was intending to pass a truck stopped or nearly stopped in the road AT AN INTERSECTION in the divider. Had he been going straight at say 40-50 that's another deal but personally I still would not blow by him at that speed because most Thais have trouble even steering straight. In a country that is #1 most deadly one can NEVER be too defensive.

THinking as you do ......... May I suggest that if you want to be defensive..... STAY ON YOUR SOFA AT HOME.............. I Think that you are only trying 'feebly' to defend your earlier comments and you don't really drive nearly as defensive as you claim (who does?????)..... I think you are all smoke and no fire laying blame on a woman we don't even know when it is so 'plain' to see the actions of the trucker caused it....... People here talking now about 'wet/slippery roads'..... 'truck stopped'..... 'Lady speeding'....... a true indication of 'HOT AIR'........ (BS)......... from folks who don't know what the talk.......

If the truck didn't do the 'first mistake' then she would not (and should not) have been put to the test........... It is so SIMPLE.......... WHY CAN'T you see??????? 

I drive massive amount of miles in Thailand the last 10 years, and I see Thai driving stupidity.......... And I know you can't predict the stupidity of the Thai drivers....... And if it is meant to be your time.... You're done........    Not my time yet (I hope not yours) and am quite pleased it wasn't HER time........... GOD bless HER........ (May Buddha bless her)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

THinking as you do ......... May I suggest that if you want to be defensive..... STAY ON YOUR SOFA AT HOME.............. I Think that you are only trying 'feebly' to defend your earlier comments and you don't really drive nearly as defensive as you claim (who does?????)..... I think you are all smoke and no fire laying blame on a woman we don't even know when it is so 'plain' to see the actions of the trucker caused it....... People here talking now about 'wet/slippery roads'..... 'truck stopped'..... 'Lady speeding'....... a true indication of 'HOT AIR'........ (BS)......... from folks who don't know what the talk.......

If the truck didn't do the 'first mistake' then she would not (and should not) have been put to the test........... It is so SIMPLE.......... WHY CAN'T you see??????? 

I drive massive amount of miles in Thailand the last 10 years, and I see Thai driving stupidity.......... And I know you can't predict the stupidity of the Thai drivers....... And if it is meant to be your time.... You're done........    Not my time yet (I hope not yours) and am quite pleased it wasn't HER time........... GOD bless HER........ (May Buddha bless her)

And if it is meant to be your time.... You're done........ nuff said

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

And if it is meant to be your time.... You're done........ nuff said

I'm not into your music............ THANKS...... But no thanks..................

But I did give you a 'Thank You' emotion for your kind gesture...... Good night....

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

And if it is meant to be your time.... You're done........    Not my time yet (I hope not yours) and am quite pleased it wasn't HER time........... GOD bless HER........ (May Buddha bless her)

Very reassuring talk from a Greyhound bus driver!  I'd rather leave Buddha out of it and rely on defensive driving common sense.  

It's beyond dispute that the truck driver is the immediate cause of the accident, but I fear that if she keeps driving this way she'll have a hell of a lot more accidents that are technically someone else's fault.  At some point it's her fault too for not leaving enough margin to adjust to prevailing conditions.

To your other point, the road is clearly glistening and there are some raindrops visible on the windshield.  At the time of impact, you see water splattering on the windshield.  The road was wet beyond a doubt.  I don't think it was raining but had recently stopped raining.  

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Very reassuring talk from a Greyhound bus driver!  I'd rather leave Buddha out of it and rely on defensive driving common sense.  

It's beyond dispute that the truck driver is the immediate cause of the accident, but I fear that if she keeps driving this way she'll have a hell of a lot more accidents that are technically someone else's fault.  At some point it's her fault too for not leaving enough margin.

You just so badly want to clain your defensive driving skills and the opportunity of her being invovled in this incident only fuels your desire to show HER inferiority compared  to yours............. lets hope you never have to 'Prove Yourself' as you speak........

She had to 'Prove herself' and she is still alive ...... and you 'Proving' yourself??????....... May Buddha and God bless you........... Let's leave 'Allah' completely out of this.......... LOL.....

6 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

It's beyond dispute that the truck driver is the immediate cause of the accident, but I fear that if she keeps driving this way she'll have a hell of a lot more accidents that are technically someone else's fault.  At some point it's her fault too for not leaving enough margin to adjust to prevailing conditions.

To your other point, the road is clearly glistening and there are some raindrops visible on the windshield.  At the time of impact, you see water splattering on the windshield.  The road was wet beyond a doubt.  I don't think it was raining but had recently stopped raining.  

wasting your time - his fault , definitely his fault, has to be his fault - this is based on the fact the girl was driving Thai style and most of us know what that means - not my fault - at least she didn't claim brake failure. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

You just so badly want to clain your defensive driving skills and the opportunity of her being invovled in this incident only fuels your desire to show HER inferiority compared  to yours............. lets hope you never have to 'Prove Yourself' as you speak........

She had to 'Prove herself' and she is still alive ...... and you 'Proving' yourself??????....... May Buddha and God bless you........... Let's leave 'Allah' completely out of this.......... LOL.....

Oh please. ?

6 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

It's beyond dispute that the truck driver is the immediate cause of the accident, but I fear that if she keeps driving this way she'll have a hell of a lot more accidents that are technically someone else's fault.  At some point it's her fault too for not leaving enough margin.

Should have stopped giving him attention when he came on as a Greyhound Bus driver. Scary thought a Greyhound Bus disappearing like MH 370.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Should have stopped giving him attention when he came on as a Greyhound Bus driver. Scary thought a Greyhound Bus disappearing like MH 370.

ONLY in your dreams................. LOL........

8 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

"….only fuels your desire to show HER inferiority compared  to yours.."

so Greyhound bus drivers are now trained as psychologist as well - live and learn ,I guess. 

Edited by Artisi

4 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

I know some brilliant people who dropped out of school at 16 because they hated it and did very well after that, so I'll never look down on someone for the job they do or did.  I disagree with him though.  I'll leave it at that.  Dead horse by now. ?

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Artisi said:

"….only fuels your desire to show HER inferiority compared  to yours.."

so Greyhound bus drivers are now trained as psychologist as well - live and learn ,I guess. 

ONLY YOUR FEEBLE WORDS..............

WE (GREYHOUND) weren't then and probably not now trained as you ' feebly imply'......... My Greyhound past isn't part of this topic..... If you are trying to hurt me personally....... It will take a better person than you to do it...... LOL .....

I still can't see anyone who proves she has any of the fault, or can document her being 'at fault' ..... as hard as some of you have tried.......... BUT, I (the retired Greyhound driver) who a couple of you are challenging....... Can document the truck driver causing the accident....... 

Water on the window was the puddle from WHO???????? knows when....... Wasn't any water on the windo up to the puddle........... PLEASE....... let's stick to FACTS......

11 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

ONLY YOUR FEEBLE WORDS..............

WE (GREYHOUND) weren't then and probably not now trained as you ' feebly imply'......... My Greyhound past isn't part of this topic..... If you are trying to hurt me personally....... It will take a better person than you to do it...... LOL .....

I still can't see anyone who proves she has any of the fault, or can document her being 'at fault' ..... as hard as some of you have tried.......... BUT, I (the retired Greyhound driver) who a couple of you are challenging....... Can document the truck driver causing the accident....... 

Water on the window was the puddle from WHO???????? knows when....... Wasn't any water on the windo up to the puddle........... PLEASE....... let's stick to FACTS......

You're totally correct, the logic just plumb evaded me, don't know what I was thinking. The way she missed that truck considering all that time she had and going that slow on dry pavement was remarkable. Once I become aware of your facts everything became clear. 

• Haha 1

Yes she / they, (There is an older male voice in the car also)  saw what was happening in time, but failed to brake at all I think ? ... Once again Thai suspension of Belief. ... "He should NOT Turn in front of me" !!!  (So I, Will not slow down) ...

The truck was in the wrong, but he was stopped also I think, when they hit him, ...while trying to speed past in front of him, ... they just miss timed it ???  ... I would refuse to pay them also, though I think that a 50/50 deal should be reached. and including his damage also.

• Sad 1

Yes she / they, (There is an older male voice in the car also)  saw what was happening in time, but failed to brake at all I think ? ... Once again Thai suspension of Belief. ... "He should NOT Turn in front of me" !!!  (So I, Will not slow down) ...

The truck was in the wrong, but he was stopped also I think, when they hit him, ...while trying to speed past in front of him, ... they just miss timed it ???  ... I would refuse to pay them also, though I think that a 50/50 deal should be reached. and including his damage also.
Yes.

Passing a truck that is basically at a stand still at full/over speed is just for morons.

License revoked for both of them.
But mostly her.
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, MartinBangkok said:

I'll tell you what guys. This incident, and all the other incidents lately that have been caught on video, sure has made me tell myself to drive more carefully (read: slower) than I - at times - have been doing..

I found myself getting pissed off and starting to drive like a Thai and had to do the same. It is way more dangerous than it seems.

2 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I found myself getting pissed off and starting to drive like a Thai and had to do the same. It is way more dangerous than it seems.

Luckily I haven't succumbed to that,  other than at times driving  a bit above the speed limit , but always mindful not too over do it.

5 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I think you will find the figures show just how dangerous it is

They are strange people! They accelerate when they see you at the U-turn. But, at the traffic lights they pull away late and soooo slow. Cut turns so tight that I am sometimes amazed that they got round. Speed up to red lights, I hold my breath that they will stop in time. Yes the truck driver was in the wrong, but, as stated that is standard driving here, Her actions were much more serious, She read the road as if she was right, and not with safety in mind. She didn't want to slow and wait, knowing the road hazard of a stationary truck in the centre lane opposite a U-turn, was a warning that something isn't right. Will she be wiser in the future? Will anyone learn from the accident? Unlikely!

• Like 1

They are strange people! They accelerate when they see you at the U-turn. But, at the traffic lights they pull away late and soooo slow. Cut turns so tight that I am sometimes amazed that they got round. Speed up to red lights, I hold my breath that they will stop in time. Yes the truck driver was in the wrong, but, as stated that is standard driving here, Her actions were much more serious, She read the road as if she was right, and not with safety in mind. She didn't want to slow and wait, knowing the road hazard of a stationary truck in the centre lane opposite a U-turn, was a warning that something isn't right. Will she be wiser in the future? Will anyone learn from the accident? Unlikely!

• Thanks 1