Beware Beer Vendor Fraud!

Rockhead269

20 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes most are now 5% or less due to government taxes...Cheers X-tra is stated to be 6%

Ughhhh I would rather drop a vodka shot in any other beer. 

Cheers taste like sandpaper and what huge mistake sampling the berry beer (I think) 3 months ago and still have the taste in mouth 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Cheers taste like sandpaper and what huge mistake sampling the berry beer (I think) 3 months ago and still have the taste in mouth 

yeah I didn't like the  rice berry or the strawberry beer either. Tapper was ok to my taste

352005053_P_20180324_140117(Large).jpg.926f260912305d891f4ceb5d800d9889.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockhead269 said:

We purchased two 24oz draught

Were they advertising it as 24oz ? That's just over 700 ml, a kind of unusual size for a metric country, 16 oz on the other hand is about half a liter - a common serving size.

I've never noticed anything advertised in fluid ounce portions, maybe I just didn't notice before.

It sounds like they gave you the smaller glass and pocketed the difference.

It was very clearly displayed as “24oz”. And yes I am aware that Thailand often sells beverages in SI units, but they also sell beer by the pint in many bars  (through they don’t advertise whether US or Imperial pint). And no, I did not take a photo of the displayed advertisement at their roadside beer stall. 

its a clever marketing.

my guess is the cups hold 24oz if filled right to the top but with head on beer its always be short.

the pub were worse scamming in Bkk.

One Thai barman who think nobody watching him

when not much beer gets poured, the first gassy pull he put in a glass and put aside to settle.

later on he will pour the next customer beer into that previous glass with the slops..even if it not the same beer!

It was very clearly displayed as “24oz”. And yes I am aware that Thailand often sells beverages in SI units, but they also sell beer by the pint in many bars  (through they don’t advertise whether US or Imperial pint). And no, I did not take a photo of the displayed advertisement at their roadside beer stall. 

This was not “clever marketing”. The glass, when filled completely to the brim, had a maximum capacity of 18 fluid oz. Please don’t “guess” or ASSUME anything!  Just read the post. This was outright fraud. Par or the course in Thailand, and done with a Thai Smile!  

Edited by Rockhead269
Misspelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, johng said:

Yes most are now 5% or less due to government taxes...Cheers X-tra is stated to be 6%

Cheers Xtra is not a bad beer, have you tried Red Horse from San Miguel? 640mL and 6% Alcohol. comes in at between 47-49 Baht, you can usually get it at Tesco.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

I don't know how you sleep at night - you need to get a hobby ?

You don't think measuring plastic beer cups is classified as his hobby ?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

• Haha 1

Until recently I was buying Cheers Xtra from Tescolotus Express in Phetchabun province, and found the taste better than the watery offerings from Leo and Chang'

However, my local 7/11 has just started to stock Tapper. I'd only previously seen this in Hua Hin and found it had a deeper taste, and great when ice cold.

IMO Tapper is the best canned beer on sale in LOS!

22 minutes ago, connda said:

Once you've had good craft beer from anywhere on the planet, you then understand that all Thai commercial lager is tasteless pig swill. 

The problem is that a good "living" craft beer does not travel well, and needs to be consumed close to its source. Not possible in Thailand.

My wife and I also went to this year's firework show. We saw the Leo stand opposite Central Shopping Centre, bought four large perfectly chilled cans of Leo for 50b each, then sat on the beach and enjoyed the show which, incidentally, was absolutely free and fantastic.

I would advise the OP not to trust any draught beer (anywhere in the world) at similar events and I am not only talking about a short measure but also suspect quality. Stick to sealed cans or bottles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, melovethai said:

enjoy life, dont try to micromanage it. We all sometimes have something not right happen to us, so smile and enjoy. Sad having to post about being ripped off a $1

I don't think he's losing sleep over 6 ounces of beer.  The point is that such a big company engages in this deception.  Multiply this $1 by millions of purchases a year.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 1