How to get rid of unwanted cats?

I live in a house with a small yard outside of Bangkok and attached to our house is a small store room. I left the door of the store room partially open and one morning there was a cat with four babies kittens huddled together. I really don't want any pets. I started feeding the mother and now it is used to my daily feeds (commercial cat food) and if it isn't fed daily it whines and whines. The kittens are now walking around and jumping on each other and are starting to eat small portions of the solid food that I put on the mother's dish. My neighbor told me to put them in a bag and put some stones in the bag and toss it into the nearest river or klong. Another more humane suggestion from a friend is to just stop feeding them.It is now two days that I have stopped  feeding them and they haven't gone anywhere. Their whining is even more intense. I must say, it is very amusing to watch the kittens frolicking and bouncing around. But kittens become cats. How to get rid of them I wonder. Today will be the third day that I don't feed the.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We had a mother cat bring 4 kitten into our roof though a crack in the wall.  We removed the kittens and place them in a basket, fixed the crack, and placed the basket back on the roof at night.  The mother cat took three and left one.  I'm fine with that.  We have 5 outdoor dogs (fenced) and 1 indoor kitten.  And I'm quite happy with that arrangement. 

In your case, you fed them instead of kicking them outside and allow the mom to move them again.  They probably ain't going anywhere now.  So it's now your responsibility to find them homes.  Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Easier to neuter a female cat than to castrate it.

He's just being safe. If the evolution of cats is following the apparent evolution of "Man" in Thailand, you just never know..................:sad:

:tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangkokgalaxy said:

I can notify an organization that humanely rescues unwanted stray cats.

What neighborhood do you live? Please provide details, including how many

cats total and if they are friendly and can be approached by humans. Please

let me know how to contact you to make arrangements to rehome them.

YES! Greatest comment I have ever seen on this forum!!! Please respond

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Formaleins said:

If they are just kittens then they will not go away, they do not understand how to "go away" - Your Thai friend has the correct solution to unwanted cats.

But if you responded in the same way about dogs - all hell would be let loose on this forum.

It's called 'Cherry picking'

• Like 1

From my experience, a mother cat after weening will eventually run off the ones that don't leave voluntarily.  But if you continue to provide food it will take longer.  Cats are good at controlling mice and rats.  They are also excellent companions, sociable and very easy to take care of.  If you don't want any of the cats stop feeding and block them from the building they'll eventually go away.

22 hours ago, bangkokgalaxy said:

I can notify an organization that humanely rescues unwanted stray cats.

What neighborhood do you live? Please provide details, including how many

cats total and if they are friendly and can be approached by humans. Please

let me know how to contact you to make arrangements to rehome them.

Glad to see a positive post. My sister in law has created a sanctuary for unwanted cats. We had a neighbour bring a mother and 5 kittens just a few days ago, brings the total to over 50 and not really room for another family.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, AaronC76 said:

Get a dog

My view exactly,  I was going to offer the loan of one or all of my four Jack Russell Terriers.

I can  guarantee ( if they are very quick off the mark) that the cats will leave and never return.

I can almost guarantee criticism of my post.

Two posts advocating cruelty to animals have been reported and removed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Find all the spots they like to sniff and poopoo at

Come back from the market with a bag full of very fine pepper;

and sprinkle it liberally over those locations, and will work wonders whilst the powder is dry

(being mindfull to replace when it gets washed out by the rains)

Strong cayenne pepper might be an idea!,

except that cayenne is a component of some various ED medication ideas

(and one doesn't want the boy cats sniffing aphrodisiacs, do we eh? )  :whistling: