Fugitive Yingluck breaks silence to thank fans on birthday

snoop1130

Fugitive Yingluck breaks silence to thank fans on birthday

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

35799260_2013545792023199_7100378116282908672_o-696x463.jpg

Photo: Yingluck Shinawatra / Facebook

BANGKOK — Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra spoke out for the first time since she fled Thailand nearly 10 months ago to thank her supporters for their birthday wishes.

Yingluck, who remains immensely popular among Redshirts despite her exile, said her influential brother, ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, also treated her to two meals on the occasion of her 51st birthday. The post was accompanied by a photo of herself at an undisclosed location posing with gifts she has received.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/06/21/fugitive-yingluck-breaks-silence-to-thank-fans-on-birthday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-6-21
  • Sad 1

What is with Thailand and its obsession with celebrating birthdays?

At least where i am from after the age of about 13 no one cares about their birthday save for a few special ones. 21 50 etc.

Here they practically get the red carpet out for anyone of importances birthday, cabinet members go pay respect on so and so's birthday etc etc its quite bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Prayut is in UK to celebrate her birthday. Cheeky playboy you. 

Err actually she,s staying at my house for a few days to celebrate......and she has shown her gratitude in the most delightful way....:clap2:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Yingluck thanks supporters on her first birthday in exile

n5.jpeg

FORMER prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra sent a message to her supporters as she celebrated her first birthday in exile since fleeing Thailand last August.

She turned 51 on Thursday.In her Facebook post, Yingluck said it was the first time she had celebrated her birthday overseas. She thanked her supporters for “still missing and not forgetting” her.

She said many people and her “fan club” had sent her good wishes, greeting cards and presents and offered her moral support through different channels. “Many people drove from upcountry to give their presents to me,” she said in her latest message. “I always value your friendship, love and good wishes. I will never forget them.”

Yingluck also thanked her elder brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, for his wise words offering her encouragement on her birthday. “My brother said I should make myself happy so that people who love me will have no concern for me. Everyone faces challenges in life,” she said.

“He feted me with two meals on my birthday. It’s the first time I celebrated my birthday with him after we had not met each other for a long time. I am happy and impressed,” Yingluck added. She said that she also got a birthday card from her son that he made himself. “I was really touched,” she said.

Yingluck’s previous Facebook message was posted on August 24, 2017, just a day before the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division on Political Office Holders was scheduled to read a verdict in a negligence case against her stemming from her government’s corruption-plagued rice-pledging scheme. The court sentenced her to five years in jail.

n6.jpeg

Thaksin on Thursday wrote happy birthday wishes to Yingluck on his Facebook page.

“Happy birthday, my beloved sister. On your birthday this year, you come to live with me in a foreign country,” he posted. “I will take care of you and make our lives overseas valuable and beneficial to our family and people who love us.”

n7.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348317

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-21
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ohh, as PM Prayut's in London, wonder if popped around for a "cuppa & chat", plus deliver the arrest warrant that seems so difficult to serve on her & the Puppeteer...

Good to see she's still v modest only displaying one self portrait in main pic!!  Haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Happy first exile birthday Ms.Yingluck. We all miss you in Thailand.

Actually, I thought the second photo (full face with brother) was odd. She may be smiling but her eyes don't seem to match that mood. Looks decidedly unhappy, to me anyway.

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Actually, I thought the second photo (full face with brother) was odd. She may be smiling but her eyes don't seem to match that mood. Looks decidedly unhappy, to me anyway.

Yah sure, how is always home. Especially when you are in the power house, the happiness is different. Officials queuing up, state sponsored trips, state sponsored parties,  home,  maids , servants, drivers, holidays, 

They had quite happy and comfortable life here, now everything costs in pounds. Anyway once elections are over, they might return.

23 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Anyway once elections are over, they might return.

Doubt it - I think that despite the "elections" (and I use that term loosely) the military is still in control stacking seats with their membership.

• Like 2