Domestic violence in Thailand advice

bangkokcity12

I was in a similar relationship (married for 12 years) which ended in 1999, fortunately for me I managed to escape the grip of the Black Widow, i.e. I was so entwined, I didn't know whether I was Arthur or Martha.

She was very violent, same same, kick, punch, throw things etc etc, but being from the old school, same language, culture, etc etc, you kind of try to convince yourself that she does have good qualities and when its her period time, she can flip out, and you become the punching bag, but taking photos and threatening you, well, if you are serious about leaving the girl, but are afraid too because of her threats, I would STRONGLY suggest you talk to a lawyer who could then perhaps file for restraining orders and you be on your way, DO NOT RETURN, this even means changing your mobile number, job, etc, etc

What I have learned from life's experiences is, life is perfect, people are not, I am not a punching bag, and the hot iron across the back of my head when I wasn't looking mean't it was time for me to depart before she killed me, but not before having two more goes while I was on the floor, both attempts blocked by my arms, yes (ouch), and after the final attempt, I managed to give her a good kick to be able to get up off the floor and flee.

If you stay with this girl any longer, she will eventually cause you more drama, even death, run Forest run, I managed to find an angel for the last 11 years, so there is hope for you, but as soon as you see a person flipping out or becoming violent, look at it as damaged goods that you will not tolerate, regardless of and run Forrest run.

19 years on, she still hasn't re-partnered, thankfully for those blokes out there.

Best of luck....

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but can not understand you lived with her 6 years already instead of leaving her years ago!!!!!!!

And sorry to say that, stupid enough to have given her all arguments against you whatever happens.

Better you get out of the country soonest!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bangkokcity12 said:

I dont want this to affect my job, Ive had enough and want to end this BS!

I will treat this as genuine seeing your job is important to you but have you not discussed this with friends or a work colleague if not I don't understand.

5 years out of 6 dealing with threats is 5 years of staying together too long IMO.

If you wanted to stay with her and really cared for her why did you not help her a long time before this by getting her to a doctor.

Nevertheless to cover myself from these blackmailing threats I would go see a lawyer there's some here who may help with that.

If the lawyer advises reporting her to the police do so with friend as witness.

If you can get a friend who is willing to witness this unreasonable behavour and will make a statement this will help a great deal.

Arrange to move however possible elsewhere in your location.

If you do nothing and just leave from what you describe of what sounds like your psychotic girlfriend and her threats you may have one hell of a lot of aggro which may affect your employment. 

• Like 2

Should I say " Join The Club " !  I believe many of us foreigners suffer the same with our Thai partners , I certainly do , on rare occasions we have done some Thai boxing when I get hit about .  It seems that Thai girls and women are never taught anger and temper control when growing up , throw a tantrum and you will get your own way . When you are shouted at and called a stupid idiot who knows nothing , it is important not to reply or argue back .  I have on occasion been told to go back to my country , I walk to the front door , my wife calls out " Where are you going ? " I say " To the store room to get my boxes to pack up my things ", she says come back here , gives me a hug and says sorry . Since I came to Thailand , my wife now owns two houses , I tell her that if she doesn't want to live with me anymore to go to her other house and live with her son .  As I said it is very important not to escalate a trivial argument !!!  If you are not married and either live in her house or a rented apartment , just pack your bags and leave , she may make threats , but nothing will come of it , if she goes to the police what can she prove that you have done .  Courage , Man !!! That is the course to take .    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Read on fella you then may understand.

Read on but I see nothing which directly relates him to hitting her. Ok this is Thailand and Thais never ever lie or make things up, at least that is the opinion if it goes to the police but what is posted is in reality not conclusive by any means. Maybe he has hit her we just dont know but it doesnt come over very clearly in the post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, upu2 said:

Read on but I see nothing which directly relates him to hitting her. Ok this is Thailand and Thais never ever lie or make things up, at least that is the opinion if it goes to the police but what is posted is in reality not conclusive by any means. Maybe he has hit her we just dont know but it doesnt come over very clearly in the post

I concur,  that's why I started with my post advice with " I will treat this as genuine ".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Start recording her when she gets angry, with your phone and  maybe a hidden cam ?

Not easy to break away.

Hope you will succeed.

Cheers

This. I’d set up a few hidden cameras and video it. There’s no argument then.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bangkokcity12 said:

There is no video or photo of me attacking her.

But where does her word and my word stand? would something like this just be dismissed and ignored?

I would think so. I've been in a couple of messy relationship endings, I'd say that it's mostly bark and not much bite.

I'm curious - is she financially dependent on you? If there's profit in it, then she's getting crazy because she doesn't want to give it up.

My initial response here may be to cut off any financial benefits.

Edited by ben2talk

17 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Should I say " Join The Club " !  I believe many of us foreigners suffer the same with our Thai partners , I certainly do , on rare occasions we have done some Thai boxing when I get hit about .  It seems that Thai girls and women are never taught anger and temper control when growing up , throw a tantrum and you will get your own way . When you are shouted at and called a stupid idiot who knows nothing , it is important not to reply or argue back .  I have on occasion been told to go back to my country , I walk to the front door , my wife calls out " Where are you going ? " I say " To the store room to get my boxes to pack up my things ", she says come back here , gives me a hug and says sorry . Since I came to Thailand , my wife now owns two houses , I tell her that if she doesn't want to live with me anymore to go to her other house and live with her son .  As I said it is very important not to escalate a trivial argument !!!  If you are not married and either live in her house or a rented apartment , just pack your bags and leave , she may make threats , but nothing will come of it , if she goes to the police what can she prove that you have done .  Courage , Man !!! That is the course to take .    

After divorcing my abusive X wife of 12 years in 1999, I met a nice Thai girl in Sydney in or around 2003 when my daughter started Kinder garden, she was divorced with two girls going to the same school as my daughter, she was a stunner, we were together for 2 years. I noticed quick on in the relationship she was jealous, possessive etc etc, but as I didn't live with her, I made sure that if I couldn't see a change in her with a certain time frame, I would pull the pin, we split up a couple of times, but the great sex loured me back in again and again, not having been to Thailand before or understanding about Thai women.

Don't get me wrong, she had a lot of good qualities and was very loving, but jealousy, possessiveness and tantrums don't go down well with me, since my last prison sentence with the x wife prior to her coming into the picture woke me up, and fortunately for me, I gave her the big wave and took my current wife of 11 years who has made me extremely happy, out of the bar in Phuket, and the bar out of her, YES it can be done, so much for the myth 555

As for arguments, seldom, but a simple fark off or middle finger from either side is water of a ducks back, neither of us take offence to letting off steam, and jealousy is non existent, same for possessiveness, with her belief being, "one life honey, live it, how you want", and I do just that, eat my cake, and others too 555   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

My initial response here may be to cut off any financial benefits.

She may be psychotic any mention off cut off makes me shudder she has access to certain kitchen utilities. 

If not registered married,,,,go to police and inform her that she will not leave and is destroying property and threatening and committing violence.  She has no claim on you only for her own personal property, arrange for the police (maybe a few hundred drink money) to come to supervise her leaving.

If married, spend time to locate needed papers and photos etc,.  Check where things are, arrange new temporary accomodation to go to, contact police, arange as above but to supervise your taking all your property.

Edited by harrry

Jeez fellas, you guys know some right loons...

I just could not / would not put up with that shIt.

Maybe once... Give them a 2nd chance...

But weeks, months, and YEARS of this stuff???

Jeez fellas...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bangkokcity12 said:

There is no video or photo of me attacking her. 

But where does her word and my word stand? would something like this just be dismissed and ignored?

My advice would be to immediately start planning your way out of this mess.  

Stop arguing with her. That way you won't be forced to restrain her and she won't receive any bruising. Plan your way out.

Once that has been achieved, (maybe a week or so),  just leave, taking with you what you need or can take with you. delete your Facebook/Line details.Change your Sim. Do not contact her or contact anyone you know that she also knows. Drop out of her life and move away. Even if that loses you your job.

Her previous photos of bruising are not proof of violence from you. There is no video to support that according to you.

Therefore, her photos are useless. You could put them down to self-harming from her and trying to blame you.

Easier said than done, I know, but that would be my advice. You are in a dangerous situation - so just get out of it. You might not be so lucky next time she attacks you. Good luck

A couple of well placed mini video cams (with sim card or wifi), to start compiling your defense,  and the proof "separation" was required for your own safety (and hers).

Light her up a few times, get her rolling on all cylinders....  Defend yourself as any person normally would....  Voila!

Good luck, sounds like a nightmare.

Leave. Fly out of Thailand to a nearby destination, then come back via another city. Or explore options in other countries as far as work is concerned. Staying in your job should be a secondary concern if you are living with a nutcase.

She won't give up until she has either reduced you to a doormat, or killed you.

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

U been here 6 years and this is  just ur first (fake) post?

Do you ever stop to think? He has been a member less than a day. Not everyone makes five posts a day. And, why is it his post has to be fake? 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

She may be psychotic any mention off cut off makes me shudder she has access to certain kitchen utilities. 

A lot of them are psychotic but are not professionally diagnosed. My wife has lived in Uk with me since 2003 and was diagnosed with psycho affective disorder early on. It is bit like a cross between Bipola  and schizophrenia. She has been on medication since this time, 20mg of Aripiprazole recentley increased from 15mg due to a relapse, this tablet is an antipsychotic medication. Relapses occur when she decides she doesn't need the medication.

After living with this for nearly 15 years and learning about mental disorders I now notice that there is a big mental problem in Thailand. It is very common problem bar girls. I doub't there is much mental health care in Thailand and the medications can be expensive, easily into 100's of £'s per month.

My advice is:  if you get involved with a lady that appears to show signs of mental health problems then get out of that relationship fast and let someone else have the problem. That advice is based on my 15 years personal experience.

This link below is about my wifes diagnosis:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/schizoaffective-disorder/

• Like 1

If this pcycho knows that where you work then you are screwed. 

Just quit and forget about your current job. You have no choice but leaving the country for sometime. Then come back and start fresh. 

Unless you want to take shit for some more years, if you survive. 

And perhaps you need to leave some of your properties behind since your life is important than what you got in your room or house

Edited by The Theory