White House press secretary says asked to leave restaurant for working for Trump

rooster59

40 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Intolerance is not an idea

So by your own admission, the post you were referring to contains no ideas.  Yet when I asked "what idea?",  you directed me back to that very post.  The post that contains no ideas.

And instead of the back-and-forth we're doing now, why don't you simply answer the question and put an end to it?

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Old news, if you don't know you have been living in a cave. Is Osama still there? I only ask as he was another one that tried to bring down American democracy. I thought maybe it's a team effort kind of thing.

As I thought. You have nothing but wind.

If you are thinking of the baker then you surely know that he did not refuse to serve them, he declined to make a special cake for them on religious grounds. I guess they wanted 2 grooms on the top or something. Personally I do not care, but an artist cannot be compelled to create.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoctorG said:

As I thought. You have nothing but wind.

If you are thinking of the baker then you surely know that he did not refuse to serve them, he declined to make a special cake for them on religious grounds. I guess they wanted 2 grooms on the top or something. Personally I do not care, but an artist cannot be compelled to create.

Ah! So you did know. It was nothing like wind, clearly Trump has it that you would lie so it's ok. As I said if you didn't know you must have been living in a cave. You did know! Good news is I guess you haven't been living in a cave. I guess that's the list of the good news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

It is quite astonishing that she chose to name the restaurant at a media conference.They hardly had a right of reply at that particular moment,did they?

Many reviews on yelp. Yelp has a special guideline notice on this restaurant because of the recent news.They were closed Saturday . One of the many reviews for June 23.

"Poor service and terrible judgement. Their food leans left and spoils right away. They wouldn't serve me bc I love my country and my president.
I'm not sure why my political leanings matter but to them it does so I was asked to leave".

Sad day for America,they seem a little uppity in their price anyway

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Many reviews on yelp. Yelp has a special guideline notice on this restaurant because of the recent news.They were closed Saturday . One of the many reviews for June 23.

"Poor service and terrible judgement. Their food leans left and spoils right away. They wouldn't serve me bc I love my country and my president.
I'm not sure why my political leanings matter but to them it does so I was asked to leave".

So she is petty as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

"they wouldn't serve me bc I love country and my president"

Presumably the tweeter had their patriotic opinions tattooed on their forehead for  all the staff to see.. 

I believe the owner of this establishment was trying to do Ms. Sanders and her party a HUGE service.

Given the make-up of the kitchen staff, it would have been difficult to minimize the volume of bodily fluids added to the Sanders' party's entrees and drinks.

And the staff at the nearby "Varmints R' Us" or "KFR" (Kentucky Fried Racoon) would be less likely to add bodily fluids even given their lack of teeth.

As a bit of compensation, the Sanders party was offered full helpings of "Minny's Chocolate Pie", which they are said to have thoroughly enjoyed.

Edited by mtls2005

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Looking at the comment that is the same person.

But anybody using the government twitter account to personally comment on a eatery should be banned from that account.

Who should ban her the Gov or twitter

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

but families should never be dragged into a fight and they all had a right to eat in peace.

First rule(s) of dinner parties. No conversation about religion or politics. 

Same hold true for proprietors of restaurants. Who the customers work for or what their political views are in non-of -the-business of the proprietor. What next? Banning employees of GM because her car broke-down.

Purely bad manners on the part of the proprietor of The Red Hen

IF of course any of this is true?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, attrayant said:

So by your own admission, the post you were referring to contains no ideas.  Yet when I asked "what idea?",  you directed me back to that very post.  The post that contains no ideas.

And instead of the back-and-forth we're doing now, why don't you simply answer the question and put an end to it?

You are simply being obtuse about the whole thing. Pegman said intolerance of intolerance is a virtue. I said intolerance of ideas in never a virtue. Which is to say, we must allow people to have their ideas and the freedom to express them. Banning free speech and expression is fascist. Being intolerant of free expression is intolerance. People with unhealthy and dangerous ideas are best sorted out through the function of unobstructed debate.

46 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Are you SERIOUSLY making a comparison between a gay couple wanting a cake to "black baker making for KKK, or Jewish baker for Nazis?". SERIOUSLY !!! That is so bad I need to jump on the outrage bus! That is SO SO SO BAD! Have Gays been responsible for the genocide, murder, enslavement of Christians? WOW! just wow! This is the Trump era when you think that comment is ok.

You're missing the point of the analogy. It's supposed to make you question the use of force to compel a person to perform a service. It doesn't matter who the 2 parties involved are. The use of force is the important part.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You are simply being obtuse about the whole thing. Pegman said intolerance of intolerance is a virtue. I said intolerance of ideas in never a virtue. Which is to say, we must allow people to have their ideas and the freedom to express them. Banning free speech and expression is fascist. Being intolerant of free expression is intolerance. People with unhealthy and dangerous ideas are best sorted out through the function of unobstructed debate.

Her haters want her ban from twitter for using a government account, if I'm not mistaken!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, riclag said:

The haters want her ban from twitter for using a government account, if I'm not mistaken!

You can count me in on that one.The sooner public servants (albeit temporary ones) learn not to use their gov't accounts as a free for all-the better off we will all be.