White House press secretary responds to controversy over restaurant ouster

webfact

52 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well it just goes to show what a pathetic idiot Trump really is.  Hard to believe this is an adult tweeting like a spoilt brat.

Now tweeting about Harley Davison because they are taking their manufacturing overseas because of Trumps stupid so called trade war.  The man is a total moron.  How much longer do the good people of the USA have to put up with this rubbish?

Yes, HD is now putting the blame on Trump, but I thought they had already announced this move before Trump started with tariffs. Or was that only to Thailand, and is the Europe move new?

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Didnt Martin Luther King talk about this

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Clearly judged on the content of her character.

So anyone in the public eye, in your opinion, can be refused service, based on how the person providing the service judges their character?

So if she happened to be black, Muslim or Jewish, lesbian, or disabled that would be ok as long as it was only on her perceived character?

Gonna get interesting with people justifying and encouraging character based prejudice based on political affiliation.

"We didn't ask them to leave because they were black gays, they had a Hilary is innocent badge on and we don't serve her supporters!"

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

So the restaurant owner is a prejudiced hypocritical bigot. And like many of that ilk tries to pretend she's somehow moral with principles.

No, she isn't a bigot. Intolerance of intolerance (Sanders work is evil) is not intolerance. But she still should have been served (with some 'tude.) 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No, she isn't a bigot. Intolerance of intolerance (Sanders work is evil) is not intolerance. But she still should have been served (with some 'tude.) 

big·ot

ˈbiɡət/

noun

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. Source Wiki.

She is a bigot and acted like a bigot.

Your view that someone is evil is your view, not a fact. Others may agree or disagree with that view. Once intolerance is shown to people holding either view then those showing intolerance are bigots.

The best way to deal with any extremist and those holding extreme views, particularly ones that promote intolerance, hatred, and prejudice is to let them speak, debate and for people to see them for what they are. They can't fight knowledge, intelligence and reasoning.

Bigotry will only ever breed more bigotry.

Serving her politely and efficiently, but without making her welcome might have delivered a better message. But would've got less publicity for the owner.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Thanks 1

She is not a victim. She is evil constantly lying and gaslighting for a fascist president. So she should have been served to not give that horrible woman any excuse to act like she is a victim. The "trump" regime scapegoats, bullies, and victimizes. They foment xenophobia, division, and racism. That love authoritarian leaders and not our traditional best liberal democracy allies.  They are not victims themselves. They have almost total power. 

29 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So the restaurant owner is a prejudiced hypocritical bigot. And like many of that ilk tries to pretend she's somehow moral with principles.

Whoosh, over your head.

• Like 2

Sara wants civil discourse when her boss puts the press in a totally exposed pen surrounded by ranting trumpers at his rallies so he can single them out aw come on stop the bs we know what trump is he is unamerican I feel he is the greatest threat my beloved (in spite of all its flaws)countery has ever faced vote the bums out and believe me after the midterms the surviving republicans won’t be putting up with as much bs from the incompetent one

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Just another example of "tolerant" leftists demanding how *you * should behave. 

The smart money is on this restaurant going bust soon. 

Yep! While my money is going into a fund for making you stop promoting the biggest idiot the world have at present time.

Edited by Get Real

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, HD is now putting the blame on Trump, but I thought they had already announced this move before Trump started with tariffs. Or was that only to Thailand, and is the Europe move new?

Not sure.  It was certainly announced on the news in the UK yesterday (BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky) that Harley Davidson are looking at moving their manufacturing overseas to avoid the tariffs because of concerns that their second biggest market,  (Europe) would be badly effected.  

• Thanks 1

Rockbridge County VA ~66% Trump  ~33% Clinton in the 2016 election.  And before anyone says "But Lexington went for Hillary!", there were less than 2500 votes cast in Lexington vs.  10,000+ in the county.

This dump of a restaurant will be closed by Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

True, though she used her govt account to publicly disparage the owner, she would have know the consequences for the owner. Trump supporters  have attempted to destroy the business by way of social media; false reviews and false reservations. Trump later joined in with OTT public inflammatory remarks - usual abuse of power by Trump.

That's the beauty of the free market. Just how liberals do the same thing to business owners who don't cater to gay weddings. Vote with your dollar. If they go out of business because the people don't support their actions or political stances, on either side of the fence, then so be it.

The owner should have known the consequences of her actions by kicking her out. No sympathy.

Edited by Rigby40
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So anyone in the public eye, in your opinion, can be refused service, based on how the person providing the service judges their character?

So if she happened to be black, Muslim or Jewish, lesbian, or disabled that would be ok as long as it was only on her perceived character?

Gonna get interesting with people justifying and encouraging character based prejudice based on political affiliation.

"We didn't ask them to leave because they were black gays, they had a Hilary is innocent badge on and we don't serve her supporters!"

Yes, yes and yes!

Try getting into nightclub, wearing the wrong clothes!

You can be a really nice guy, charitable, friendly...you will not get in!

On the other hand: if I am a known trouble maker, I might be complimented out of any establishment!

Yes- you can refuse any service to any gay, black, jew, disabled...as long as you don't do it BECAUSE that person is black, gay, jewish or disabled!

I know some gays and I used to work in a disabled- facility: some of these guys are just @-holes and I wouldn't mind if they would be shunned by restaurants!

...and yes, to the last one,if you so wish!

Did we clear that now?

You could do it and you should be ALLOWED to do it!

The question if you SHOULD actually do it...not mine to answer!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

First of all, you're making things up. You don't know it's a dump.

Most evidence shows that it is not a dump. A petty hate tweet from a deranged troll president that hasn't been there either doesn't count as evidence.

When you don't understand what an opinion is

2 hours ago, Rigby40 said:

No, she didn't throw a temper tantrum like a child, she didn't break any windows, she didn't throw rocks or fruit, she didn't light anything on fire or chant mindless phrases  like snowflakes do.

She politely got up and left.

Nice try. You get a gold star for participation though.

...and a few moments later, sent out a self- righteous tweet (the "I am always polite to everybody" - BS!), from her official, government tweet account!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rigby40 said:

That's the beauty of the free market. Just how liberals do the same thing to business owners who don't cater to gay weddings. Vote with your dollar. If they go out of business because the people don't support their actions or political stances, on either side of the fence, then so be it.

The owner should have known the consequences of her actions by kicking her out. No sympathy.

There may well be petty & spiteful actions by members of the public. However, senior members of government, especially a national leader of government, are not expected to set examples of divisiness, vicious personalised spite and blatant lies. The completely unjustified behaviour of Trump and some of his appointees demonstrates the ever increasing risk of the Trump Administration leading their supporters to a society drenched in negativism.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rigby40 said:

You clearly don’t understand the economics of restaurants.

The Red Hen has a customer base, a large part of which will be regulars.

S. H-S and Trump set about trying to ruin the restaurant’s reputation.

Some of the regulars, but by no means all might choose to take their business elsewhere.

Most will continue as customers because, like most of us, they choose where to eat regularly for a wide range of reasons. In a 23 seat restaurant like the Red Hen this will undoubtedly include personal interactions with staff and owner.

So the attemp to ruin the restaurant is not likely to impact regular customers.

What it does do is create a lot of anger amongst people who are never going to eat there ( example expat Trump supporters  in Thailand) and it will also create a desire amongst others to support the restaurant.

The latter group turn up and spend money at the restaurant.

If Trump only creates one customer for every thousand ranting illiberals swearing never to go near the place he’s massively increase their business.

A liberal hangout that Trump very especially rants against - what a great marketing campaign that makes.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, DM07 said:

...and a few moments later, sent out a self- righteous tweet (the "I am always polite to everybody" - BS!), from her official, government tweet account!

Unless she was acting like your typical belligerent snowflake, I don't care.

20 hours ago, simple1 said:

There may well be petty & spiteful actions by members of the public. However, senior members of government, especially a national leader of government, are not expected to set examples of divisiness, vicious personalised spite and blatant lies. The completely unjustified behaviour of Trump and some of his appointees demonstrates the ever increasing risk of the Trump Administration leading their supporters to a society drenched in negativism.

Then don't kick senior members of government out. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't care if a conservative restaurant owner kicked out a democrat government official and they posted the experience on their twitter account and I sincerely doubt you would either. So save me your phony pearl clutching.

Edited by Rigby40

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You clearly don’t understand the economics of restaurants.

The Red Hen has a customer base, a large part of which will be regulars.

S. H-S and Trump set about trying to ruin the restaurant’s reputation.

Some of the regulars, but by no means all might choose to take their business elsewhere.

Most will continue as customers because, like most of us, they choose where to eat regularly for a wide range of reasons. In a 23 seat restaurant like the Red Hen this will undoubtedly include personal interactions with staff and owner.

So the attemp to ruin the restaurant is not likely to impact regular customers.

What it does do is create a lot of anger amongst people who are never going to eat there ( example expat Trump supporters  in Thailand) and it will also create a desire amongst others to support the restaurant.

The latter group turn up and spend money at the restaurant.

If Trump only creates one customer for every thousand ranting illiberals swearing never to go near the place he’s massively increase their business.

A liberal hangout that Trump very especially rants against - what a great marketing campaign that makes.

I really couldn't care less.

7 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

Then don't kick senior members of government out. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't care if a conservative restaurant owner kicked out a democrat government official and they posted the experience on their twitter account and I sincerely doubt you would either. So save me your phony pearl clutching.

If that democrat government employee used his official government Twitter account that would be a violation of ethics.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which I guess explains your numerous fevered posts!

You misunderstand me. I couldn't care less about what you wrote. It's not going to make or break my day if they gain business.