All 13 Football Team Members Found Alive inside Flooded Cave

2 hours ago, jerry921 said:

What about drilling a rescue shaft down to them now that they are located? I know that mine rescue experts have a way of drilling a 24" shaft that they can lift a man out using a sort of torpedo elevator car on a cable. Seems to me in this case they are likely much closer to the surface than a mine rescue situation would be and they might drill down to them in less than 12 hours if they already have the equipment in place.

Actually, now that I see the video of them moving around rather energetically for someone gone for days without food, I think maybe they're in better shape than many expected, including those who wrote it would take a while before they were strong enough to get them out with scuba gear. I expect they'll be out in another day either way.

• Like 1

It seems as though the adults that took the boys in should be given medals! They obviously had prepared well. I teach survival and anyone doing things like ths should always be prepared for emergencies. They did a very good job taking care of those boys! Everyone should  learn from this experience!

Job well done on the tasks needed to the rescuers in working out the rescue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 9505robin said:

It seems as though the adults that took the boys in should be given medals! They obviously had prepared well. I teach survival and anyone doing things like ths should always be prepared for emergencies. They did a very good job taking care of those boys! Everyone should  learn from this experience!

Job well done on the tasks needed to the rescuers in working out the rescue!

Just the one adult, their football coach. Huge error of judgment taking them in there in the first place, but on the other hand he deserves credit for having found them a safe haven and keeping them alive and presumably keeping up their spirits. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I am glad to say that I am ashamed that I had given up on day 7.

Who would think that 13 people could get that far. 

The coach is a hero. He obviously did all the right things. 

It's not over yet. Now they have to get them out before the monsoon rains start. 

Amazing. a miracle. 

Well done to the brit that went further and found them. Well done thailand. 

If you had checked up you would have found humans can survive 4/5 days without water 30 to 40 days with no food whatsoever !

• Like 2

“...doctors with high diving skills...”

I don’t know...I think I’d much rather have doctors with SCUBA diving skills rather than high diving skills. 

Good to hear the kids and coach are going to be okay. 

• Haha 2

Wonderful!  And they seemed to be in good spirits and good shape from the video where the Brit divers encounter them.

Now rescuers can stop tripping all over each other looking anywhere and everywhere.   Perhaps a smaller team can concentrate on the delicate task of transporting these kids back to the surface. 

I'm so glad. Lately this was the first thing I was looking up. 9 Days and nights in the dark cave. Praise to all people who helped in finding the boys. I'm happy for them and for the families who must have suffered a lot.

Now I'm saying what I thought all along: this is movie-stuff... Once they get out and are safe.

I hope that there is going to be a movie about them, the way it happened, the water rising, the fears, hopes, the darkness, the rescuers. It deserves a movie to tell the story to the world! 

• Like 1