Praise for assistant coach who sacrificed himself for the good of the team

webfact

On 7/4/2018 at 10:05 AM, keith101 said:

Taking responsibility for his actions in putting them in serious danger in the first place , should never have gone into the cave to start with especially in rainy season .

I guess it's not your fault that you don't know the full story.  But there is ample news out there about him being a hero.

36546363_2232588560351874_6395413578865704960_n.jpg.d9d22c64563b62b38d7345c5fefd995f.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I guess it's not your fault that you don't know the full story.  But there is ample news out there about him being a hero.

36546363_2232588560351874_6395413578865704960_n.jpg.d9d22c64563b62b38d7345c5fefd995f.jpg

Nor your fault either, seems assistance coach was with them, the phone call was to the main coach. 

Must more confusion, fake news, and nonsense

9 hours ago, AleG said:

" A false story planted on social media goes a long way in this country. "

The irony here is that it's not true that the police said they are going to charge him, that was fake news.

Whether they charge him or not. He's clearly been punished enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Citing an FB post here as fact are we? The whole football team just decided to explore the cave wearing their football jerseys? How about we just wait for the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions? Right now, getting them out of there is the main priority.  

2 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

The cave was “Open” the Coach is a Hero, unlike the Armchair CRITICS who have no concept of the real world. Before you scorn this young man, just consider that HE was the one who held the group together and looked-out for the interests of his students. Wonder just how well the “Nay-sayers” would have faired in the same situation ?

They would have looked just like this:

whiteman.gif

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Before you all shoot him, burn him and hang him it might be nice to charge him with a crime. So tell us all what  crime is it you are going to put him away for? 

a. First degree entering a park that is open 

b. Buying snacks and drinks for his team in the second degree

c. Conspiring  to stay alive

d. Aiding and abetting to keep his team safe and warm.

e. Attempting suicide for allowing his share of food and water go to the team

IMHO I think there could not have been a better first responder on earth to lead these kids thru this ordeal. Let's wait for the 12 jurors to make their decision when they come home. I think most reasonable people already know the verdict.

See you have one confused poster, but looking who it is explains everything ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

The cave was “Open” the Coach is a Hero, unlike the Armchair CRITICS who have no concept of the real world. Before you scorn this young man, just consider that HE was the one who held the group together and looked-out for the interests of his students. Wonder just how well the “Nay-sayers” would have faired in the same situation ?

They wouldn't have faired at anything, be far too busy trying to post nonsense, blame someone, or just generally getting the facts and story completely screwed up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

They wouldn't have faired at anything, be far too busy trying to post nonsense, blame someone, or just generally getting the facts and story completely screwed up. 

Meanwhile most all the press releases are heaping praise on the coach for the manor in which he dealt with the situation. Turns out he spent a decade as a monk and his meditation skills helped keep the Wild Boars calm. Good to see him getting the credit he deserves. You boys keep working on those list of charges to be filed against the coach.

One of the Navy Seals who spent time with the 13 survivors told local media outlet Sanook that their coach Ekkapol Chantawong was physically the weakest of the group after giving the children all available water and snacks during their ordeal, without nourishing himself. 

He praised the young coach for helping the boys to conserve their energy by advising them to lie still as much as possible and for not allowing them to drink dirty flood water from the floor of the cave.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puwa said:

It doesn't get more curmudgeonly than the comments on this thread. At least half of these posters would have gone into acute alcohol withdrawal after 12 hours in a cave.  They wouldn't have been able to help anyone. The other half would have been fiddling with the boys in the dark.

What?! They don't serve Chang at Pattaya beach??!?!

21 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

One of the Navy Seals who spent time with the 13 survivors told local media outlet Sanook that their coach Ekkapol Chantawong was physically the weakest of the group after giving the children all available water and snacks during their ordeal, without nourishing himself. 

He praised the young coach for helping the boys to conserve their energy by advising them to lie still as much as possible and for not allowing them to drink dirty flood water from the floor of the cave.  

Yeah so whatever he allegedly did wrong don't trump all the things he did right. Plus the whole ordeal of it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tumama said:

What?! They don't serve Chang at Pattaya beach??!?!

it might have been handy after all! -  for the foot sores,

if the Betadine hadn't magically become available. courtesy of the rescuers

Just now, tifino said:

it might have been handy after all! -  for the foot sores,

if the Betadine hadn't magically become available. courtesy of the rescuers

Yeah like being stuck in a cave in pitch darkness isn't bad enough. I want that Changover. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tumama said:

Yeah like being stuck in a cave in pitch darkness isn't bad enough. I want that Changover. 

prefer Mekhong... for medicinal purposes only of course! 

20 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Get informed. Widely reported he came in search of the boys when requested by several of the parents. Might serve you well to actually read previous posts.

My understanding is that it was the head coach (not the assistant)

who was called - meanwhile, the assistant coach and 12 players had already entered the cave.

Edited by Prairieboy
clarification
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 6:32 PM, JAZZDOG said:

I read the same in a previous forum. Parent called the coach when her son didn't arrive home. The coach then went to the cave alone looking for them in which case he is the ultimate hero in this crisis. Imagine all the ways this could have gone bad without an adult there. Phone records will clarify if true, best to hold judgement for now.

Get ur facts straight first instead of making things up.

Question : if i decide to set my house on fire and then walk in to get my cat out will u then praise me also?

• Confused 1

On 7/4/2018 at 10:05 AM, keith101 said:

Taking responsibility for his actions in putting them in serious danger in the first place , should never have gone into the cave to start with especially in rainy season .

Just a young volunteer helping kids have fun and adventure. I doubt you have volunteered to help kids. I find your response deeply unpleasant. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Get ur facts straight first instead of making things up.

Question : if i decide to set my house on fire and then walk in to get my cat out will u then praise me also?

If gibberish was a language, you would have a degree in it.

Why would you want to set your own house on fire.

Why do you own a cat, they are horrible creatures that sh!t on other peoples gardens.

And why are you terrible at anologies. ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Just a young volunteer helping kids have fun and adventure. I doubt you have volunteered to help kids. I find your response deeply unpleasant. 

Well nowadays for also child safety reasons if a group of minors go on sone trip it minimum needs always 2 adults!

but praise him all u want seems u was there..

• Sad 1

Just now, vogie said:

If gibberish was a language, you would have a degree in it.

Why would you want to set your own house on fire.

Why do you own a cat, they are horrible creatures that sh!t on other peoples gardens.

And why are you terrible at anologies. ????

Was a hypothetical question..

Perhaps u can use google translate to find out what that means.

2 hours ago, The manic said:

Wrong i was with the YMCA a long time , i am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours .

• Sad 1