Trump to avoid London protests with tour of English country homes

rooster59

7 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Sending Trump out of London to look at country houses is not going to do it. The Donald is going to get bored and we all know what that means - he will have a bad time and will spit out his dummy. And it also assumes that the people who live in the English countryside hate him less than those in London - a bad assumption. I think that we could see the Donald writing some tweets about how up themselves the Brits are and then finding all his exits blocked by angry mobs from the English shires. I am guessing that there will be much use of helicopters . . .

Well let's all hope that Big Macs and cans of Coke are readily available in the historic homes.

Trump is truly dreadful. It is astonishing that there are so many Americans that fell for is chat. Mind you, I was astonished that there are so many English people who fall for the daftest ideas.

He is not welcome.

Read up on McMahon act if you fancy trusting the Americans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Energy_Act_of_1946

Edited by Grouse
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

For the only time during his visit, Trump will then travel into London when he will stay overnight at the home of the U.S. ambassador in the centre of the city.

Got a feeling he wont get much sleep...

Problem is we in the UK are suffering a long heat wave with no signs of a let up, and it is getting like a tinder box out there and we could see riots within days.

• Haha 1

Although only a minority of Americans who voted actually fell for his chat, it was sadly enough to do the damage.  Emboldened by their victory, those left still supporting him are loudly demanding respect for their half tame buffoon while spitting their collective dummies at the rest of the world treating him with the ridicule he deserves, and frantically trying to tell us how well clothed their naked emperor is.
Yes. Deal with him if you need to, but respect? Never!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You seem to believe you have a compelling and persuasive argument.

Put it to the test.

Organise a protest and see who turns up.

Remember to bring you own balloon.

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

Why? I thought they are all too busy hating their own government!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing at present that is anywhere near universal in UK politics is a deep hatred of Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

And you base that on what?  sure a few fanatics will scream and yell but most British people will not care less. We are more worried about the World Cup, Lewis and Brexit than Trump.

it's unfortunate that you are unable to see the state of public opinion only in one single category at a time - there is an interconnectivity here - a protest against trump is a protest against a government that even acknowledges him.

Even some Brexiteers think he's scum too and if he interferes or says anything about the World Cup, you can bet he'll offend someone.

yomp is symbolic of the decline and fall of democratic process throughout the western world and as such will be vilified by all reasonable people .

Edited by kwilco
  • Sad 1

Trump should not be wasting time with the UK; they are a has been world power and of very little use in most any difficult situation the US may find itself. Their loyalty is too costly for an almost broke nation. Leave that Island alone, I say. You just know Trump will give them all sorts of free trade assistance to get them over the upcoming Brexit economic debacle  The UK has joined the rest of the world in becoming Anti-American.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Your opinion only. Trump was elected because most reasonable people are fed up with the pc liberals deciding the minority win and the majority lose and once reasonable leftists find the correct balance a megalomaniac like Trump will never get elected. 

I guess you're not aware that  Trump got 3 million less votes than Clinton.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

I guess you're not aware that  Trump got 3 million less votes than Clinton.

Indeed and in case you're not aware the election is not decided by popular vote (but it should be) blame the constitution not Trump for that one.

• Like 2

My point, exactly, plus whoever, whatever, what a disgustingly childish way to denigrate an auspicious site in London (Parliament Square)

Denigrate. Schmenigrate.
The baby balloon gesture will be well appreciated by the majority of Americans that are disgusted to be burdened with such a destructive demagogue president.
Hopefully this will be a temporary glitch.
He should never be normalized.
Not at home.
Not abroad.

Trump should not be wasting time with the UK; they are a has been world power and of very little use in most any difficult situation the US may find itself. Their loyalty is too costly for an almost broke nation. Leave that Island alone, I say. You just know Trump will give them all sorts of free trade assistance to get them over the upcoming Brexit economic debacle  The UK has joined the rest of the world in becoming Anti-American.
Now but your tinfoil hat back on .nurse is coming

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Denigrate. Schmenigrate.
The baby balloon gesture will be well appreciated by the majority of Americans that are disgusted to be burdened with such a destructive demagogue president.
Hopefully this will be a temporary glitch.
He should never be normalized.
Not at home.
Not abroad.

I can understand your feeling but (sorry) I don’t think it should be sited in a place with more history(good&bad) than the country where he came from. What must our foreign tourists think???

12 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I can understand your feeling but (sorry) I don’t think it should be sited in a place with more history(good&bad) than the country where he came from. What must our foreign tourists think???

Polling shows the vast majority of people globally think negatively of the current U.S. president showing a dramatic spike in disapproval since Obama. The only exceptions are Russia, a few other Eastern European nations, and Israel. So overall I think disrespecting "trump" is good for the UK image! Enjoy. 

• Sad 1

Polling shows the vast majority of people globally think negatively of the current U.S. president showing a dramatic spike in disapproval since Obama. The only exceptions are Russia, a few other Eastern European nations, and Israel. So overall I think disrespecting "trump" is good for the UK image! Enjoy. 

Ok but it’s still less than 50% of UK people that would agree with you. (Poll by The Independent).
We will have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting back on topic - are any presidents/heads of countries shown anything other than Buck. House (or wherever the Queen happens to be staying) and wealthy areas where there is the least likelihood of trouble?

Surely this is just a typical itinerary for a 'VIP'....

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2