What's your cheapest ever flight from UK to Thailand?

RickG16

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Awful that airport truly awful. Was there last month for 10 hours. 

I found one them reclining chairs and  chilled., but you’re right it’s a crap airport. I found Gulf ok but i only use them if I get a really good deal. 

5 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

I think everyone on this forum knows that Airlines and travel companies don't always advertise the full price to pay. Saying "i am making it up for the sake of it" is quite funny. Nowadays you are almost expecting it.

Its great to have ATOL protection and a possible refund months later but you would still be stood at the check-in counter at Gatwick with your bags going nowhere. Stressed out looking for alternative flights that cost GBP1000 plus. 

You are wrong on the assumption airlines will always assist you in the event of some major delay or disruption. Some airlines will tell you to contact your agent and wash their hands of you. Even more so if you have booked a rock bottom airfare with some obscure online agent. British Airways do this when it suits them. China Southern do it. Other airlines do it.  

For these reasons i am wary of unknown online booking sites which in reality are run on a shoestring in rented space above a shop in Staines. So i personally would just pay the little bit extra and book it direct with Air China direct.

More made up stories and scaremongering. ? Why are you wasting time writing it??

Many OTA are offshoots of well established bricks and mortar travel agents. They have both ABTA and ATOL protection. If no ABTA, think twice and do a bit more research.

In addition we also have Section 75 protection and Chargebacks. So keep your stories for a more gullible audience.

It's up to the purchaser to decide if he wants to purchase via a travel agent. Whether the saving is worth the possible lack of flexibility. But there is really no need for your hyperbole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Currently got my eye on a flight coming in at £402 return via gulf air.

7 hours Heathrow to Bahrain 15 hours in Bahrain airport and then 7 hours to bkk

Return is just 14 hours.

Bahrain is an awful airport to wait so long.

What dates? That is just horrible unless you want to take a look around or they are supplying accommodation.

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

What dates? That is just horrible unless you want to take a look around or they are supplying accommodation.

Peak season £402 return. It's a great deal but a painful 15 hour wait but there is no way I'm paying to go to sleep anywhere I'd rather sit and wait it there. 

4 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

More made up stories and scaremongering. ? Why are you wasting time writing it??

Many OTA are offshoots of well established bricks and mortar travel agents. They have both ABTA and ATOL protection. If no ABTA, think twice and do a bit more research.

In addition we also have Section 75 protection and Chargebacks. So keep your stories for a more gullible audience.

It's up to the purchaser to decide if he wants to purchase via a travel agent. Whether the saving is worth the possible lack of flexibility. But there is really no need for your hyperbole.

Lol you are a funny guy. Made up stories and scaremongering, hyperbole, stories for the gullible! Having worked for one of these online only travel companies (and it was above a shop), worked at top travel agent and in airline operations for many years i could tell you a lot of stories. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Peak season £402 return. It's a great deal but a painful 15 hour wait but there is no way I'm paying to go to sleep anywhere I'd rather sit and wait it there. 

Peak season isn't a date. What are the actual dates?

1 hour ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Lol you are a funny guy. Made up stories and scaremongering, hyperbole, stories for the gullible! Having worked for one of these online only travel companies (and it was above a shop), worked at top travel agent and in airline operations for many years i could tell you a lot of stories. 

That's your travel agent. Obviously many years ago, as you didn't appear to know that they are not allowed to charged extra for card usage these days.

ABTA, ATOL, Section 75 and chargebacks provide all the protection you need against any dodgy operation.

Most people would simply pay the £1 or £2 extra to go with an operation they know.

Either way, it's up to the purchaser to decide on balance what is best for them. Sometimes I'll go direct, if the airline offers greater flexibility and there is a chance that I might need to change a flight. Other times, especially if going direct offers no greater flexibility than buy via an agent, I'll save money by buying via an OTA.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:33 AM, Rc2702 said:

Perhaps you want to keep your visit a secret. £402 return  with a fifteen hour stopover doesn't appear to be a "great deal". Would it be your "cheapest ever flight"?

On 7/31/2018 at 2:53 PM, The manic said:

Interesting info.

UPDATE. Interest rates having just gone up, Airfares prices have just come down in the UK. Prices to BKK. for 4 people together. China Air from Gatwick out; return to Heathrow on 90 day trip price £202 each. Nov 2018 to Feb 2019.  Outbound time 22hrs 20 min. inbound time 18hrs 55min. This depends on the out & return date selected. Other prices on a single ticket £287 to £370. I have just booked for a price or £317  Nov '18 to Feb '19.LHR out LHR back. Interest rates are expected to go up again. How this will affect prices I don't know. If Inflation goes up so can air flight prices. Very unusual for prices to be this cheap this early with a reasonable flight time Via Beijing China.

10 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

UPDATE. Interest rates having just gone up, Airfares prices have just come down in the UK. Prices to BKK. for 4 people together. China Air from Gatwick out; return to Heathrow on 90 day trip price £202 each. Nov 2018 to Feb 2019.  Outbound time 22hrs 20 min. inbound time 18hrs 55min. This depends on the out & return date selected. Other prices on a single ticket £287 to £370. I have just booked for a price or £317  Nov '18 to Feb '19.LHR out LHR back. Interest rates are expected to go up again. How this will affect prices I don't know. If Inflation goes up so can air flight prices. Very unusual for prices to be this cheap this early with a reasonable flight time Via Beijing China.

Why are you making irrelevant and erroneous statements?  There really is no reason to do so. 

Is it to fool people into thinking that you know about what you are writing?

The general consensus is that the rate rise was unnecessary and misplaced. It also has nothing to do with Air China's fares. 

I posted about the fares on Monday. The interest rate rise was announced on Thursday.

Also, there is no China Air. 

Post a screenshot of the £202 return price. Do you know how?

I've already posted screenshots of the under £300 Air China fares.

As to it being unusual. No it isn't. It simply disproved your earlier statement.

Edited by KneeDeep

On 7/8/2018 at 5:52 PM, William C F Pierce said:

The cheapest last year was just under £300 LHR to BKK. If You want the cheapest flights then you need to look and book exactly 7 weeks before you go flying out on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. The Cheapest Airlines tend to be the Chinese airlines, because of the long stopovers (the total journey time can be 36 Hours if you really want it that cheap). Best Search Site tends to be SkyScanner as they don't jack the prices up if you go back to a previous search.

just adding similar route/delay/price relationship from the USA and LAX airport and the prices are cheaper for those 36 hour flights with 10 hour layover in China.

Just for comparison, my first flight to Thailand was LAX connect to Taiwan, short 3 hour layover then on to DKK in 2004.  Coach was 760 USD.  Price crept up to 950 USD over the years.  The last few years prices went down to 760 USD on regular decent connections on China Air or EVA, LAX to BKK, one stop in taiwan.  But my last 6 trips I sprung for Premium elite class seats which cost about 1700 USD.  completely worth the price for bigger seats, separate section from coach, good reclining seat, dedicated check in and no mad rush for seats or fighting for over head storage.  Made trip so enjoyable on that 13 hour leg.  Take the midnight flight, easy to get 4 or 5 hours sleep.  Wake up, eat a meal.  watch a movie, sleep a gain for a few hours.  wake up and eat again.  I mean, the trip is so much better, not just going in to Thailand, but later when you have to fly home, not having to deal with coach makes the return flight so much more pleasant.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:22 AM, CNXBKKMAN said:

Ignore him mate he is the biggest troll and wind up merchant on multiple forums who repeatedly gets booted off probably over a 100 times at least from multiple formats and forums

He can change his name as many times as he wants but the arrogance soon surfaces on airline and mobile sub forums ehhh JJ

He is pure gold in the comedy stakes is our JJ

Edited by Chivas

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Ignore him mate he is the biggest troll and wind up merchant on multiple forums who repeatedly gets booted off probably over a 100 times at least from multiple formats and forums

He can change his name as many times as he wants but the arrogance soon surfaces on airline and mobile sub forums ehhh JJ

He is pure gold in the comedy stakes is our JJ

That from someone who has been repeatedly busted lying through his teeth on multiple forums and is a convicted criminal after being caught running a brothel and trying to blame his wife.

I don't think he should be here throwing stones and making false accusations....and then doing a runner each time.

As I recall he has been chased out out Thailand on occasion, fearing for his life.

Obviously not a popular character in reality.

Let's try to keep on topic shall we?

Edited by KneeDeep

On 7/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, roo860 said:

1918 in a Sopworth Camel, took 2 weeks, cost 3 shillings and sixpence.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK ..    

I know you'll provide us with the incredible link to that nugget.

Yes?

Kind of hard to believe even with consideration of inflation. 

Edited by watcharacters

On 7/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, roo860 said:

1918 in a Sopworth Camel, took 2 weeks, cost 3 shillings and sixpence.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK ..    

I know you'll provide us with the incredible link to that nugget.

Yes?

Kind of hard to believe.

Did I just fail to see the emoji? 

And seriously,   anyone who thinks an airfare can be easily recaptured is not an experienced traveler.

Airline prices have stability akin to a landed  snowflake.

Edited by watcharacters

Manchester;

Manchester;

Qa3.jpg.12a0c667de08d54536d0fb5685acd226.jpg&key=9cb7074cdd8c1dbc58b76f56fd18054174079c1ea4e4304aaa5fe1b941b5375c

Just out of interest , what are the results if the locations are reversed , i.e. BKK to MAN and then MAN to BKK ?

Is that possible ?

EDIT: i did try on the site but for some reason I couldn’t input a “ departing from “ location other than a UK Airport.

I know that is what this thread is about ( UK to Thailand) but wondered if possible ?

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just out of interest , what are the results if the locations are reversed , i.e. BKK to MAN and then MAN to BKK ?

Is that possible ?

EDIT: i did try on the site but for some reason I couldn’t input a “ departing from “ location other than a UK Airport.

I know that is what this thread is about ( UK to Thailand) but wondered if possible ?

https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-search/BKK-MAN/2018-09-05/2018-09-20

Change the dates to what you want...

Edited by KneeDeep

On 7/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, colinneil said:

Cheapest i had was 99 pound return London Gatwick to Phuket with Monarch in 1997.

Found it on teletext, prices started at 499 pounds but i booked paid and flew all within 24 hours, bit of a rush but for that price whats a bit of rushing about.

I was on that flight, I was boasting to the guy in front of me I'd paid £199 rtn when the guy behind me butted in and showed me his ticket for £99, was that you Lol

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

£1100 return flying EVA Business Class New Years Eve in either 2003 or 2004...that probably wasn't what you wanted to know though ...?

If we're doing business class, £800 KLM Heathrow BKK rtn 2010.