A hundred stray and starving dogs roaming a forest in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

A hundred stray and starving dogs roaming a forest in Chiang Mai

4.jpg

Thai media Sanook reported on a story about a 100 dogs abandoned by heartless owners. The dogs are living around two reservoirs in Chiang Mai.

The dogs are starving and good Samaritans have appealed for help in feeding them. 

The animal pack has quickly grown in size after more owners dumped their unwanted pets in the area of Huay Lan and Huay Tone reservoirs in On Tai sub-district of San Kamphaeng district.

Dog lovers have been helping out with food pellets but more help is needed said one of their number Suphatrawee Yoophaet.

She appealed for people to step forward to help the animals live a better life. 

Source: https://www.sanook.com/news/7125774/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The last major government-led effort to euthanize stray dogs led to public outrage by those saying it was contrary to Buddhist principles.  Still, something serious needs to be done, and not just in Chiang Mai.  A frequently cited statistic is that there are around 300,000 stray dogs in Bangkok.  These dogs, all over Thailand, pose a public health and safety hazard. 

A modest proposal:  If it won't euthanize stray dogs, the government needs to round them up, spay them and put them up for adoption.  Implant ID chips on ones adopted. Those not adopted within, say, a month, sell to Vietnamese or Chinese traders.

• Sad 1

Should have done something to stop them from multiplying instead of feeding them.
But that would have needed some prediction, foreseeing and planning.
Skills that are hard to find here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, swissie said:

I am so relieved. Another News-Source quoted "Hundreds of starving Farang English Teachers roaming in a forest in Chiang Mai".

Hahahahahahahah - ooooh  - so funny - laugh laugh laugh! Oh stop please this post is soooooooooooooooooooooo funny - I'm splitting my sides - tears rolling down my face - aching sides - Hahahahah - ooh it hurts - please stop!!

El Prato comes to mind!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1